Other Resources The Political Joe » Comey - patriot or drama queen? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-06-08 12:36 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Comey - patriot or drama queen?
"Comey revealed that after his firing he had actually tried to spur the special counsel's appointment by giving one of his memos about Trump to a friend of his to leak to the press."

Wow, the head of the FBI leaking documents to try to get a special prosecutor?

I've been reading a lot about his testimony and so far I don't think there is anything new about Trump.....but a couple of 'bombshells' about him being the source of leaked documents and about getting directed by Lynch to provide some cover for Hillary.

I found this interesting:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/07/dershowitz-trump-could-have-just-...

I'm not so wise as these lawyer guys.....but it kind of make sense to me. I have never really understood why the founding fathers gave the POTUS the king-like power to absolve/pardon. And yet every POTUS routinely pardons thousands of criminals!

So while it might not look good to direct the FBI to stop an investigation.....it sure seems like the POTUS has that power.

2017-06-08 1:03 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

Master
, California
Subject: RE: Comey - patriot or drama queen?

I think he was trying to walk that tightrope of being non-committal, because that's how you survive in the kind of job that spans multiple presidential administrations.  But it finally bit him, mainly because Trump is impulsive and Trump is obsessed with surrounding himself with yes-men.  Which Comey is not.

Nothing in his testimony seemed particularly dramatic, although some of the news headlines are trying to spin it that way (*cough* Politico).  Patriot?  I don't really see that either.  I think he was mostly trying for self-preservation, even though it ultimately failed.

2017-06-08 1:11 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro

That was a joke. LMAO

2017-06-08 1:25 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

Master
, California

Originally posted by Left Brain

That was a joke. LMAO

So are the congressional hearings.  Did you see McCain having his senior moment?  Lol.

2017-06-08 1:37 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
And this is my you 'lawyer up'. Trump should have done this from day one. Quit tweeting and let the lawyers handle things. That's what they do for a living! If you want to tweet, brag about employment number or the number of border crossing going down, etc.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/08/trumps-lawyer-denies-he-directed-...

I think Comey may be digging hole.

2017-06-08 1:46 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
So here is suggestion. You get a new boss who is coming in and bringing his team with him. You are not sure if you will continue to have a job or not.

Write yourself a memorandum for record:

Dear Self, Today my boss made a pass at me. He said, "You sure do have nice hair" and smiled and kind tilted his head. I felt very uncomfortable and did not respond in anyway.

3 months later when you get fired, leak the memo to HR and when they call you in to question you, tell them it was you who leaked the memo and you think you were fired for not yielding to the bosses advances.

2017-06-08 2:46 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by spudone

That was a joke. LMAO

So are the congressional hearings.  Did you see McCain having his senior moment?  Lol.

I would like to have McCain over to my house for beers while we stand around the grill........you know he's gonna quickly head off into "what the hell is he even saying land" and it would be hysterical.

2017-06-08 2:46 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Strange day when I find myself agreeing with this nut job:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/06/08/chris_matthews_th...

2017-06-08 3:56 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Tejas

Edited by mdg2003 2017-06-08 3:57 PM
2017-06-08 3:57 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Tejas

Originally posted by spudone

That was a joke. LMAO

I would like to have McCain over to my house for beers while we stand around the grill........you know he's gonna quickly head off into "what the hell is he even saying land" and it would be hysterical.

and then do one of these. ..

(JohhnyMac.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
JohhnyMac.jpg (23KB - 3 downloads)
2017-06-09 10:17 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Expert
Floriduh
During yesterday's hearing Mark Warner (D, VA) said this:

"...we must find out the full story, what the Russians did, and, candidly, as some other colleagues have mentioned, why they were so successful. And, more importantly, we must determine the necessary steps to take to protect our democracy and ensure they can’t do it again."

Trump needs to say exactly this. I really don't care that it may hurt his feelings or in some way diminish the magnitude of his electoral victory. The Russians (and others possibly) pose a tangible threat to our democracy, a vital thread in the fabric of our country. Trump needs to recognize this and address this issue head on. Until he does his Presidency will continue to flounder and fail.

2017-06-09 11:29 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Oysterboy

During yesterday's hearing Mark Warner (D, VA) said this:

"...we must find out the full story, what the Russians did, and, candidly, as some other colleagues have mentioned, why they were so successful. And, more importantly, we must determine the necessary steps to take to protect our democracy and ensure they can’t do it again."

Trump needs to say exactly this. I really don't care that it may hurt his feelings or in some way diminish the magnitude of his electoral victory. The Russians (and others possibly) pose a tangible threat to our democracy, a vital thread in the fabric of our country. Trump needs to recognize this and address this issue head on. Until he does his Presidency will continue to flounder and fail.

The problem is the whole "Russian thing" has been billed as path towards impeaching President Trump and a way to make it look like he did not really win....or would not have won had it not been for the Russians. If you dig deep enough you can find some dirt on almost anyone!. This is the very nature of a 'witch hunt'. There has not been a shred of evidence of Trump/Russian collusion and yet MSM still talks about it like it is Watergate!
2017-06-09 11:52 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Oysterboy During yesterday's hearing Mark Warner (D, VA) said this:

I don't know....after listening to Comey I'd say our own intelligence community poses a bigger threat to out security than the Russians do.

2017-06-09 4:36 PM
in reply to: #5221989

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Warner's quote and my comment said nothing about Trump. No doubt MSM has this like a dog with a bone and Trump keeps on chumming the waters. This STILL does not address the principal issue of what Russia did and how it threatens our democracy. Everything else is a sideshow IMHO
2017-06-09 5:00 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Oysterboy

Warner's quote and my comment said nothing about Trump. No doubt MSM has this like a dog with a bone and Trump keeps on chumming the waters. This STILL does not address the principal issue of what Russia did and how it threatens our democracy. Everything else is a sideshow IMHO

I think the Russians were doing what intel agencies do.....the were looking for someone willing to sell out their country or someone they could flip or blackmail. The important thing is were they successful and what do we need to do to make sure they don't do it again. Trump has said all along he supports this. The problem is the constant msm reporting on bs. Oh look, billionaire Krushner had a RUSSIAN 'connection' aha!
2017-06-09 10:52 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Oysterboy Warner's quote and my comment said nothing about Trump. No doubt MSM has this like a dog with a bone and Trump keeps on chumming the waters. This STILL does not address the principal issue of what Russia did and how it threatens our democracy. Everything else is a sideshow IMHO

I see where you are coming from, and I understand your concern.  I just think it reflects poorly on our intelligence community.  In fact I know it does.  Russia was just doing what Russia does, and has always done.  It's pretty clear our intelligence forces are no longer able to stop it.  How'd that happen?  That's what needs to be investigated......and it sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with the candidates who were running in our election.....they had NO power. In case I'm not clear, I'm speaking about every candidate. 

I know you didn't mention Trump, but as sure as I'm typing this the liberal community wants to blame him.......think about how absurd that is. Donald Trump somehow helped the Russians interfere with our elections??  Seriously?  LMAO

This is just more from a party who can't believe they got beat, and won't accept it.  It's going to continue for the next 3.5 years.  Comedy central.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-06-09 10:58 PM

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Comey - patriot or drama queen? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Comey tried to hide

Started by Rogillio
Views: 367 Posts: 1

2017-05-19 10:05 AM Rogillio

Comey Replacement

Started by Oysterboy
Views: 699 Posts: 12

2017-05-12 9:02 AM Oysterboy