General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I don't like to bike, run or swim, so of course I've signed up for a tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-06-13 10:06 AM

Subject: I don't like to bike, run or swim, so of course I've signed up for a tri
Yes. I'm another newbie in this world. Almost at the tender age of 40, I've ended up finding myself uninspired and unmotivated by the various fitness options out there - and I've done a fair amount of them. I finally realized that what was missing was a goal. Something to work towards. Something not easy. A triathlon.

Why did I sign up in the first place? Well, my husband started competing in olympic triathlons this summer and, while there's no way in hell I can make it that far, I got so inspired seeing and talking to the sprint people that I took the plunge.

So, I find myself on my second week of training. I hate getting up early, but the looming sprint in July gets me up and going - I'm fully aware that I'll be sc***** if I don't train. And I don't want to run in 90 degree weather. That's just not fun.

The crazy thing is, despite my usual distaste for swimming, biking and running, I'm actually enjoying this!

2017-06-15 8:10 PM
in reply to: Trine

User image

Subject: RE: I don't like to bike, run or swim, so of course I've signed up for a tri
Originally posted by Trine

I hate getting up early, but the looming sprint in July gets me up and going.

And that's the whole point. I now don't have another race until September (just too hot where I live) and I'm getting lazy again. I'm sure that will change in another month. I'm also sure I'm in much better shape (probably better than any time in my life and I just turned 50) because of the races always looming large on the horizon. Good luck with your first sprint!
2017-06-17 3:19 AM
in reply to: Trilogy

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: I don't like to bike, run or swim, so of course I've signed up for a tri
Welcome! I recognize myself in your description. Got into tris 4 years ago for the same reason: needed a goal. I was warned that I would get addicted, I didn't believe it. Well, I was right, I am still not addicted but I am still at it (on and off) and do 2 sprints a year. Haven't found anything better to do yet. (with unstable knees)
Not a fan of swimming (although I love water) , cycling or running but the 3 put together are actually not that bad.
Good luck with your training and your first race!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I don't like to bike, run or swim, so of course I've signed up for a tri Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

I hate running but hooked on tri's

Started by Sleepyluke
Views: 696 Posts: 5

2017-06-12 11:56 AM jhaack39

Swimmer to tri training... Don't own a bike

Started by sail
Views: 929 Posts: 8

2017-04-02 10:23 PM simpsonbo

Bought my first tri bike

Started by willygood87
Views: 1266 Posts: 5