Other Resources Challenge Me! » PEACHY CLEAN Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, Ron Reply
Show Per page
 
 
of 3
 
 
2017-07-31 7:29 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
1515
1000500
TORONTO
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by abake I fell off the wagon dramatically this past weekend and now need to climb back on. I'm glad there's a shiny new month facing us, it's a bit of a psychological boost.

I am just glad that July is nearly done. We had another party this weekend. UGH.

Let's start August off on the right foot, shall we?

I'm on and off the wagon. Cheese has somehow creeped back in to my diet which I'm not happy about.  My body is so annoying.  On Monday I weigh in at 144-145 and on Friday I'm down to 142.  No clue what the real number is but I've cleaned up my eating, started exercising regularly, I'm drinking water like wtf????

Congrats on hitting one of your goals Chris!



2017-08-01 6:58 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
2164
20001002525
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN
Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by abake I fell off the wagon dramatically this past weekend and now need to climb back on. I'm glad there's a shiny new month facing us, it's a bit of a psychological boost.

I am just glad that July is nearly done. We had another party this weekend. UGH.

Let's start August off on the right foot, shall we?




It's 8/1! Let's do this!

Yes, Whole 30 is tough when you love some things very strongly. Started yesterday, my 8/1, and I nearly ruined a good start with post soccer beer. I was soooo close, but I cut out on the after game chit chat and went home. Had some sparkling water with lemon and that satisfied the craving for something fizzy and cold.

On day two and feeling pretty positive after turning down the beer, haha!
2017-08-02 6:55 AM
in reply to: Blanda

User image

Master
1515
1000500
TORONTO
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN
Originally posted by BlandaIt's 8/1! Let's do this!Yes, Whole 30 is tough when you love some things very strongly. Started yesterday, my 8/1, and I nearly ruined a good start with post soccer beer. I was soooo close, but I cut out on the after game chit chat and went home. Had some sparkling water with lemon and that satisfied the craving for something fizzy and cold. On day two and feeling pretty positive after turning down the beer, haha!
Awesome reserve congrats!!! I'm back on the wagon and feeling good! Let's hope it lasts for the month!
2017-08-02 8:50 AM
in reply to: kimmax

User image

Master
6256
500010001001002525
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN

Originally posted by kimmax

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by abake I fell off the wagon dramatically this past weekend and now need to climb back on. I'm glad there's a shiny new month facing us, it's a bit of a psychological boost.

I am just glad that July is nearly done. We had another party this weekend. UGH.

Let's start August off on the right foot, shall we?

I'm on and off the wagon. Cheese has somehow creeped back in to my diet which I'm not happy about.  My body is so annoying.  On Monday I weigh in at 144-145 and on Friday I'm down to 142.  No clue what the real number is but I've cleaned up my eating, started exercising regularly, I'm drinking water like wtf????

Congrats on hitting one of your goals Chris!

Thanks. I have the fluctuations too, it's kind of normal for me to see 2-3 pounds difference in a day. I try to weigh myself at the same(ish) time of day, for me it is right when I wake up. Because after that, it is all bets off. Today as an experiment I weighed myself when I woke, after I walked, and after I rode the bike. I will do so again when I get home tonight (late work night). I have seen a 3 pound drop so far, which is all sweat weight. So, I take it all with a grain of salt. Speaking of which, if I can stay away from salt and salty foods, I can be much more consistent.

2017-08-03 6:35 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
6256
500010001001002525
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN

To follow up on the fluctuation discussion, here is the last 24 hours:

Yesterday

  • 5:00 AM - 224
  • 6:30 AM - 223.2
  • 9:30 AM - 221
  • 10:00 PM - 224

Today

  • 5:00 AM - 222.8

So I figure that eating careful and riding the bike helped me lose about a pound yesterday. Obviously, this is not a sustainable, long term program. I'll need to do this same sort of measurement thing for the week, that would be more interesting. Honestly though, I'm not sure I could get on the scale that many times a day for that many days. 

BTW, when using the scale, how are you doing so?  I am a one shot, on and off person. I also know our scale can fluctuate.  We have toyed with getting on it 3 or 4 times and then averaging the number.  As a general statement, I'm just monitoring the changes in the number over time, so the precision of the number isn't what I'm after.  Because if it was, I'd be more apt to use the averaging method.  Or buy a better scale, I guess.

2017-08-03 8:35 PM
in reply to: kimmax

User image

Master
2164
20001002525
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN
Originally posted by kimmax

Originally posted by BlandaIt's 8/1! Let's do this!Yes, Whole 30 is tough when you love some things very strongly. Started yesterday, my 8/1, and I nearly ruined a good start with post soccer beer. I was soooo close, but I cut out on the after game chit chat and went home. Had some sparkling water with lemon and that satisfied the craving for something fizzy and cold. On day two and feeling pretty positive after turning down the beer, haha!
Awesome reserve congrats!!! I'm back on the wagon and feeling good! Let's hope it lasts for the month!


Yay for getting back and feeling good!

Chris, I fluctuate wildly throughout the day, and I also notice that if I have a particularly hard workout or soccer game and swelling is involved, I can put on a good 5 lbs from that.

I'm on day 4 of W30 and I'm feeling really, really good. The bloat is gone from eating the things I know bother me, like dairy and alcohol. I feel like I have more gas in the tank to get through my workouts, and like last time, I'm not hungry all day because I'm forcing myself to eat a protein heavy breakfast.

The only time I really 2nd guess this is when I play beer league soccer, of course, and when I have to go to a gathering. I have a BBQ this weekend, and on 8/12 I'll be involved with a Crossfit event that will have me eating out most of the weekend. I'll have to pack food for both days and deal with the temptation of other people's food, and post even beer and pizza.

I'll need to put my head down and eyes forward for that.

Keep it up, folks!


2017-08-06 6:18 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
1515
1000500
TORONTO
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN
Originally posted by cdban66

To follow up on the fluctuation discussion, here is the last 24 hours:

Yesterday

  • 5:00 AM - 224
  • 6:30 AM - 223.2
  • 9:30 AM - 221
  • 10:00 PM - 224

Today

  • 5:00 AM - 222.8

So I figure that eating careful and riding the bike helped me lose about a pound yesterday. Obviously, this is not a sustainable, long term program. I'll need to do this same sort of measurement thing for the week, that would be more interesting. Honestly though, I'm not sure I could get on the scale that many times a day for that many days. 

BTW, when using the scale, how are you doing so?  I am a one shot, on and off person. I also know our scale can fluctuate.  We have toyed with getting on it 3 or 4 times and then averaging the number.  As a general statement, I'm just monitoring the changes in the number over time, so the precision of the number isn't what I'm after.  Because if it was, I'd be more apt to use the averaging method.  Or buy a better scale, I guess.

I'm a hop on - hop off one time each morning. It's interesting you lose over the course of the day. Mine is heavier later in the day. I go first thing in the morning. While the number isn't moving I can see nice changes in my body so I'm not too stressed. I figure it's gotta happen sooner or later if I'm consistent.
2017-08-07 11:03 AM
in reply to: kimmax

User image

Extreme Veteran
1205
1000100100
Tallahassee, Florida
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN
I haven't posted in a while. I have consistently done some time of workout every day although once or twice, it was only 15 minutes or so. Finished with Whole 30 and then almost immediately, my precious dog passed away and one week later, we went on vacation. So I didn't phase back in the food like I should have. But I've still been trying to make cleaner choices (except that one night I binged on fried foods...ugh) and have managed not to go back to rice nor cheese nor legumes. And I definitely noticed that the sugar needs to avoided. During this round of W30, I didn't lose as much weight as I was hoping but since I was really upping the barre workouts, I'm ok with the weight because I'm hoping that some of my fat is now the heavier muscles. Oh wishful thinking, I know, but a girl can dream.

Blanda, how are you doing with the W30? Can't believe that you went on W30 and had a Crossfit event during that time! Kudos to you.

As for weighing, I realized a while back that my weight fluctuates horribly over the day. I drink so much water during the day that I'll find myself "gaining" 5 -7 pounds by the end of the day. And a few times, I weighed myself after a longer run in the heat and got a low, low weight due to partial dehydration. So now I jump on the scale first thing in the morning and simply monitor the rise or fall. I don't freak out if the weight is high for several days but when it starts creeping up consistently, I realize that isn't the correct pattern.

Good luck Everybody!
2017-08-07 7:06 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
2164
20001002525
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN
Originally posted by Pink Socks

I haven't posted in a while. I have consistently done some time of workout every day although once or twice, it was only 15 minutes or so. Finished with Whole 30 and then almost immediately, my precious dog passed away and one week later, we went on vacation. So I didn't phase back in the food like I should have. But I've still been trying to make cleaner choices (except that one night I binged on fried foods...ugh) and have managed not to go back to rice nor cheese nor legumes. And I definitely noticed that the sugar needs to avoided. During this round of W30, I didn't lose as much weight as I was hoping but since I was really upping the barre workouts, I'm ok with the weight because I'm hoping that some of my fat is now the heavier muscles. Oh wishful thinking, I know, but a girl can dream.

Blanda, how are you doing with the W30? Can't believe that you went on W30 and had a Crossfit event during that time! Kudos to you.

As for weighing, I realized a while back that my weight fluctuates horribly over the day. I drink so much water during the day that I'll find myself "gaining" 5 -7 pounds by the end of the day. And a few times, I weighed myself after a longer run in the heat and got a low, low weight due to partial dehydration. So now I jump on the scale first thing in the morning and simply monitor the rise or fall. I don't freak out if the weight is high for several days but when it starts creeping up consistently, I realize that isn't the correct pattern.

Good luck Everybody!


So sorry about your dog. I'm on Day 7 and doing well. It helps that I've been avoiding tempting situations, and I'm doing it with friends. We're holding each other accountable posting our meals in our chats, and venting when we're wanting some wine and ice cream.

My beer league soccer team made champs so we're playing Friday night at 9pm, then my Crossfit competion is Saturday and Sunday. I need to make sure I get as much carb and potassium out of what I can eat for the crazy weekend. My quads were more fatigued than usual during a pretty minor workout yesterday. Worried me. I don't want to cramp throwing weights around.

One thing I've noticed doing Whole 30 is that my beer drinking buddies are quite annoyed by my not having post game beers and late dinners. Really got into it with a friend over it last week. I mean... it's for my health! I'm not talking about it or anything, just saying "I can't, I'm doing something to help me breathe and perform better..." Ai.

Keep it up, guys!!

Edited by Blanda 2017-08-07 7:07 PM
2017-08-09 9:54 AM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Master
6256
500010001001002525
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN

Pam, I'm sorry to see about your dog. Sad days, indeed. I hope and pray that all goes well for you going forward.

The weight/scale question was just one I asked out of general curiosity. I knew why I did that, just wondered if others were the same.

2017-08-10 3:45 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
1515
1000500
TORONTO
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN

Sorry to hear about your dog Pam!!  That must be hard.  Congrats though on completing the Whole30 and feeling good!

I'm feeling good.  I think my body has finally adjusted to running 5K again and active recovery days on the bike.  This week has been a little messed up with my run workouts but hope to get that back in order.  It's funny that I rarely drink anymore and yet have had social functions every day this week where I've had a beer or two.  I notice when I drink I don't feel like eating so not sure if that's a pro or a con LOL.  Drinking my calories instead.  I'll find out soon enough I'm sure what the impact of that is on the scale!  But I hear you Blanda re: social gatherings.  No one ever says "Let's get together for a walk."  It's always a drink or a meal.

Good news though is now I can be a hermit for the rest of the week and focus on my workouts and detoxing ha ha



2017-08-14 4:28 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
1205
1000100100
Tallahassee, Florida
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN
Originally posted by kimmax
But I hear you Blanda re: social gatherings.  No one ever says "Let's get together for a walk."  It's always a drink or a meal.

Yes, most people always want to get together for a drink or a meal. Last year I decided to have a different kind of Book Club. We call it the Walk and Talk Book Club. We meet at a park or someone's house and walk while talking about the book. Well TBH, we talk lots and lots and lots and lots and sometimes talk about the book for a few minutes. Of course afterwards, we usually still have a light meal and usually drinks - but at least we got some exercise first.

Thanks everybody for your condolences about my dog. I can tell that you all know how wonderful our pets are. I'm still crying about losing Fisher. I love that guy.

Edited by Pink Socks 2017-08-14 4:29 AM
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » PEACHY CLEAN Rss Feed  
Show Per page
 
 
of 3