Other Resources Challenge Me! » PEACHY CLEAN Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2017-07-01 12:54 PM

User image

Master
TORONTO
Subject: PEACHY CLEAN

I have two weeks to get in to a good routine before I start my new job.  So it's all about clean eating and moving every day.  Who's with me?  

30  brisk minutes a day and no junk food for the next month.

Feel free to join the challenge and engage by leaving your updates here to inspire others.  

2017-07-02 5:10 AM
in reply to: kimmax

User image

Expert
Illinois
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN
Hey I need this challenge! My nutrition has not been what it should be and I'm definitely feeling it.
We had a HS reunion this weekend so it's been two days of eating mass produced food, but today is a new day. Thanks for starting this challenge!
2017-07-03 5:22 AM
in reply to: abake

User image

Expert
Illinois
Did pretty well on Sunday with the exception of a small Ice Deli (it's basically crushed ice with fruit juice, so maybe it's not entirely bad except for the sugar) and a couple of glasses of wine as we sat outside grilling.
2017-07-03 10:18 AM

User image

Master
TORONTO

Awesome!  So far it's just the two of us!  I'm off to a good start.  The day got away from me yesterday and on a typical day I would have let it pass but last night forced myself to go for a brisk 5K walk.  Back on the bike today.  Eating is good though I had a mindless moment where I devoured a handful of my kid's cheese balls.  I need to be more cognizant of what I'm doing ha ha.  HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

2017-07-04 4:59 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!
Cheese Balls -- so worth it!

Monday -- 1 1/2 hour trainer ride (too hot to ride outside)
Nutrition -- Mindful choices all day, took father in law out for dinner and not many good choices at this restaurant, had a sandwich that was waaaaayyyy too big and too much bread.

2017-07-05 7:56 AM

User image

Master
TORONTO
Now the challenge is on as we play the role of tourist for a couple of days. I got some walking in yesterday but mostly sat in the car. Food was good until we arrived. Dined at a Korean restaurant for dinner so lots of rice, noodles and oil. Too much of everything so need to try and make better choices today. Naturally everything you see seems to be fast food. Found an Aroma for lunch yesterday which felt lucky. Lots of walking planned for today but it's all sightseeing steps so nothing to get the heart rate up. Will try for something brisk this evening if it works out.

2017-07-06 4:49 AM

2017-07-06 10:17 AM
in reply to: kinga26

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
I'll join ya'll. I started Whole 30 June 26 so have been doing well with it. Lots and lots of veggies and fruits with a little bit of meat to satisfy those cravings. Two restaurant experiences since I've been on it and found it's easiest to lean toward a plain meat with double veggies. Running hasn't been going well for me but doing barre fitness most days. Missed my early morning barre class today because of my precious dog but now after reading this, I'll do some strength training during my lunch to insure I get something in today.
2017-07-06 8:44 PM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Master
TORONTO

Awesome and welcome!

I'm happy to be back home from our mini-vacation.  We strolled lots but no significant heart racing workouts.  And I ate out every meal - struggling to eat plant based - and in the end just tried to make wise choices.  I am hitting the refresh button now that I'm home.  10 days of my holiday left eek!  Time flies!

2017-07-08 8:14 PM

User image

Master
TORONTO

I'm back on track and feeling good.  How are the rest of you doing?

2017-07-10 10:54 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois
Originally posted by Pink Socks

I'll join ya'll. I started Whole 30 June 26 so have been doing well with it. Lots and lots of veggies and fruits with a little bit of meat to satisfy those cravings. Two restaurant experiences since I've been on it and found it's easiest to lean toward a plain meat with double veggies. Running hasn't been going well for me but doing barre fitness most days. Missed my early morning barre class today because of my precious dog but now after reading this, I'll do some strength training during my lunch to insure I get something in today.

Welcome Pam!

2017-07-10 10:56 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois
My weekend was not good with the exception of a lot of big workouts. We did grill chicken and shrimp and had some veggies, so there was healthy fare, but we also had a lot of chips and crackers. On the way home a friend and I stopped at a restaurant for breakfast and I had a huge plate of biscuits and gravy! That's a bit of a vacation tradition for me.

But it's a new week and I'm refocused!
2017-07-10 12:54 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Thanks for the welcome!

While I did some things ok this weekend, I didn't do so well on some. Have had a workout every day which is good. But yesterday I was supposed to go to a yoga assessment to help someone out and either I got the wrong address or it was canceled without my knowledge. So less of a workout yesterday than I had planned. Made it to barre class but wish I had worked in some yoga, a run, or even a walk.

And while I've been eating clean, I've had way too much. Friday night, hubby was insistent on me tasting a wine that he had just bought so I had one swallow. Bad because Whole 30 says one little slip and you should start over but ah, screw it. At least I didn't drink more than the one taste. And then Saturday, Sunday, and today for lunch (going-away for a co-worker), I managed to stay clean but Lawsy, far too much. I'm going to try to get control of that this week.
2017-07-10 6:23 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

After the last week of cutting out snacks and crap and starting to clean up, I have undid my steps forward after another night of mowing through the pantry and refrigerator. Maybe some accountability is in order. So, back at again starting now. My goals are simple:

• Cut out between meal snacking.
  • Cut out empty doughnut like calories.
  • Cut out soda's and other high sugar drinks like Iced Tea.
  • Log all food intake.

That should be the jump start I need. I will try to check in a couple of times a week.

Thanks (if you'll have me)

2017-07-10 6:53 PM

User image

Master
Jumping in! I love eating challenges. Eating right is my biggest challenge. I love food and drink!

I need to get a little head start of a Whole 30 Challenge my friends and I will be starting August 1st. I have a race 6/23 and want to feel a little better on that day. Not so sluggish and congested.
2017-07-10 7:30 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Expert
Illinois
Originally posted by cdban66

After the last week of cutting out snacks and crap and starting to clean up, I have undid my steps forward after another night of mowing through the pantry and refrigerator. Maybe some accountability is in order. So, back at again starting now. My goals are simple:

• Cut out between meal snacking.
  • Cut out empty doughnut like calories.
  • Log all food intake.

That should be the jump start I need. I will try to check in a couple of times a week.

Thanks (if you'll have me)

Yeah, you found the Challenge!!!

2017-07-10 7:33 PM

User image

Expert
Illinois
OK, I'm going to go ahead and set some goals here, and then hope to check in frequently to remind myself:

Starting Weight: 158
Goal Weight: 148
How to Attain that: Cut out processed foods, adhere to a 21-day fix type nutrition regime (mostly for the portion size control)
Weigh myself: Every Friday
Biggest Challenge: Mindless eating in the evening.
2017-07-10 8:09 PM

User image

Master
TORONTO

Welcome Chris and Blanda!

I had a good weekend with lots of walking and some workouts.  My eating wasn't bad either when I was in control of the menu but Friday night I visited a friend where beer and pizza was on the menu and then today was lunch: caesar salad, homemade pizza and... a beer.  I may need to become a hermit if I want to reach my goals.  Anyhoo... every minute represents a fresh start.  

Week one is long gone so I need to get serious like Anne! 

Starting Weight: 145 
Goal Weight: While I'd love to get down to 135 I'd also be okay with reaching 140 
How to Attain that: Follow Dr. Fuhrman's weight loss guidelines:

• Eat as many legumes and fruits as you like.
  • Eat as many non-starchy veggies as you can – the more the better.
  • Restrict your intake of grains and starchy vegetables (max 1c per day).
  • Have only a few nuts and seeds each day.
  • Don’t consume oil, dried fruits, fruit juice, processed food, or animal products.

I recently listened to a podcast on oil.  How it's nutrient dense and not a whole food.  One tablespoon of olive oil = 40 pressed olives and that we wear the fat we eat and so making an effort to use swap oil for broth when cooking veggies, using fruit based salad dressings etc.  I think this might actual gain some traction on my weight loss.

2017-07-10 8:11 PM

User image

Master
TORONTO

So my hubby is a relatively lean guy but drinks a lot of iced tea and after watching a documentary about sugar and checking out the content on his green tea he just cut it out and ended up losing 8 pounds in 3 weeks just from that one change!!  I didn't even think he had 8 pounds to lose.  Good luck!  

2017-07-11 5:18 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois
Originally posted by kimmax

So my hubby is a relatively lean guy but drinks a lot of iced tea and after watching a documentary about sugar and checking out the content on his green tea he just cut it out and ended up losing 8 pounds in 3 weeks just from that one change!!  I didn't even think he had 8 pounds to lose.  Good luck!  

Oh my, that's an impressive amount for making such a small change!
2017-07-11 6:30 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by abake
Originally posted by kimmax

Oh my, that's an impressive amount for making such a small change!

It must be a guy thing. I've been mindful of snacks and sodas and am down 5 pounds in a two weeks. Included in that is my couple of bad days as well. I feel for people that have to work hard at it, like my poor wife. She can eat careful as can be for weeks on end and barely lose a couple of pounds. I'll post my short and long term goals later today.

2017-07-12 6:41 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

So I'm a day later on this than I hoped, but here goes. Short term goal is to hit 225, which I am almost at. After that, I'm taking it in 5 pound increments, with a final goal of 210. I started at about 232 and have another 1.5 to go to hit 225. I also need to get back on the bike, but this week is not looking so good. I'll probably be able to hit the road on Thursday after work. If I can do 4-5 sessions (swim or bike) per week I'll be happy as a teenager with a prom date.

I hope everyone is doing well and keeping after it!

ETA: You should all be getting Inspires from me in the near future. Just another way to keep myself accountable.

Edited by cdban66 2017-07-12 6:45 AM
2017-07-12 3:25 PM

User image

New user
Austin, Texas

Good to hear about the whole 30 action going on in here! I've been on it since last year. I cheat here and there when I want a taco, but seriously the lack of bread was a huge deal. Mo sugar = mo problems. 

2017-07-12 7:14 PM

User image

Master
TORONTO

So I'm a day later on this than I hoped, but here goes. Short term goal is to hit 225, which I am almost at. After that, I'm taking it in 5 pound increments, with a final goal of 210. I started at about 232 and have another 1.5 to go to hit 225. I also need to get back on the bike, but this week is not looking so good. I'll probably be able to hit the road on Thursday after work. If I can do 4-5 sessions (swim or bike) per week I'll be happy as a teenager with a prom date.

ETA: You should all be getting Inspires from me in the near future. Just another way to keep myself accountable.

Sounds like good and realistic goals.  
I'm staying on track.  I think being accountable and knowing others are out there working it is helping to keep me motivated.  I've been so lazy since last October that I'm sleeping like a baby with just the little activity I've been doing ha ha

2017-07-12 7:27 PM

User image

Expert
Illinois

The 5 pound increments is a great approach, it makes it more manageable. Are you getting hit with all the Florida rain right now?
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » PEACHY CLEAN Rss Feed  

of 3