Other Resources The Political Joe » OJ Simpson paroled.. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-07-22 2:46 AM

User image

Pro
Subject: OJ Simpson paroled..

I think it was a fair decision.  What say you?

2017-07-22 2:44 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: RE: OJ Simpson paroled..
Yeah, he should not have been serving time for the murder that he likely committed. But 9 years for what he did rings with a nod to karma. I heard he's moving to Florida, why do we always get the nutbags?
2017-07-22 10:51 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Oysterboy Yeah, he should not have been serving time for the murder that he likely committed. But 9 years for what he did rings with a nod to karma. I heard he's moving to Florida, why do we always get the nutbags?

Well, Florida is a state where the civil judgement against him cannot touch his pension with the NFL and the Screen Actors Guild.  So there is that.  I don't believe Florida is the only state with those protections, but it does apply there. 

I don't agree with those laws, but I certainly understand taking advantage of them.

I'm old enough to remember watching OJ during his career at USC, and then all of his NFL career.  I was really disappointed when he was arrested for killing his wife and Goldman........and I think he was guilty.  BUT.......I'm comfortable with our criminal justice system and he was found not guilty by a jury of  his peers.  That's the way it goes.  I abide by the law.

The juice is loose!

2017-07-23 5:44 AM

User image

Elite
not sure I care...
2017-07-23 5:49 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by Left Brain
The juice is loose!

Err.. not in my neighborhood please.
2017-07-24 10:10 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by Oysterboy Yeah, he should not have been serving time for the murder that he likely committed. But 9 years for what he did rings with a nod to karma. I heard he's moving to Florida, why do we always get the nutbags?

Well, Florida is a state where the civil judgement against him cannot touch his pension with the NFL and the Screen Actors Guild.  So there is that.  I don't believe Florida is the only state with those protections, but it does apply there. 

I don't agree with those laws, but I certainly understand taking advantage of them.

I'm old enough to remember watching OJ during his career at USC, and then all of his NFL career.  I was really disappointed when he was arrested for killing his wife and Goldman........and I think he was guilty.  BUT.......I'm comfortable with our criminal justice system and he was found not guilty by a jury of  his peers.  That's the way it goes.  I abide by the law.

The juice is loose!

You are comfortable with the CJ system that acquitted a man clearly guilty of killing two people?

IMO, the innocent verdict was retribution for hundreds (or thousands) of wrongly convicted black males. Not saying I blame the jurors....but it was justice. At least not for Nicole and Brown.

The really sad thing is, if not for his $$$$$ he would be on death row waiting to be executed.

2017-07-24 10:14 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio

The juice is loose!

You are comfortable with the CJ system that acquitted a man clearly guilty of killing two people? IMO, the innocent verdict was retribution for hundreds (or thousands) of wrongly convicted black males. Not saying I blame the jurors....but it was justice. At least not for Nicole and Brown. The really sad thing is, if not for his $$$$$ he would be on death row waiting to be executed.

Our criminal justice system is the best in the world......and sometimes bad guys get away with murder.  I don't like it, but I know it happens and, yes, I'm comfortable with the system, knowing it is a VERY small percentage who get away with a crime like that after being charged.

2017-07-24 1:03 PM

Master
, California
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » OJ Simpson paroled.. Rss Feed