Other Resources The Political Joe » kakistocracy Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-07-28 7:17 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: kakistocracy
A kakistocracy (English pronunciation: /kæk?s't?k??si/) is a state or country run by the worst, least qualified, or most unscrupulous citizens.

2017-07-28 11:10 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: kakistocracy

After Scaramucci's thoroughly disgusting comments, President Trump's treatment of AG Sessions, and the decision regarding transgender soldiers,  I don't think I can disagree with you. 

I don't want to be connected to these idiots in any way.

This is a circus.  I have enjoyed the laughs along the way with the left's meltdown, but I don't find any of the recent behavior of this administration acceptable.  I wouldn't try to defend it by any means.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-07-28 11:30 PM
2017-07-28 11:29 PM

User image

Pro

Furthermore, I watched President Trump's comments, in front of Police Officers, regarding the treatment of arrested subjects while handcuffed, and I was appalled. That's not leadership. I will never work that way and would fire anyone who worked for me that conducted themselves in that manner.  I'm not proud of my country tonight and that doesn't sit well with me.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-07-28 11:34 PM
2017-07-29 12:27 PM

Master
, California
I was pleased today after the USS Gerald Ford did some successful launches with her electromagnetic catapults. Trump had been saying the system was no good and we should "go back to g-dd-mnsteam".edit: seriously, bt - I can't even quote our fearless leader without getting censored? :p

Edited by spudone 2017-07-29 12:29 PM
2017-07-29 12:29 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member

Originally posted by Left Brain

Furthermore, I watched President Trump's comments, in front of Police Officers, regarding the treatment of arrested subjects while handcuffed, and I was appalled. That's not leadership. I will never work that way and would fire anyone who worked for me that conducted themselves in that manner.  I'm not proud of my country tonight and that doesn't sit well with me.

I was wondering what your take on that would be. I highly respect our law enforcement and was saddened to see this - I felt like Trump really disrespected what police officers actually do with his comments. 

This whole thing is just a trainwreck. I'm fascinated by the number of folks out there who still love the guy and can't seem to admit that he is anything less than perfect. I've never seen so much incompetency on display. It's like they go out and hire the most unqualified individual they can find for every single job.

2017-07-31 7:25 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

se we finally found what it would take for you to be done with him :P

2017-07-31 9:56 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro

Originally posted by dmiller5

se we finally found what it would take for you to be done with him :P

Yeah, don't make me put up with any more bullchit then I need to while I'm working.  That kind of crap makes life harder for us. I don't know if I'm done with him because I think he's on the right track with some issues......but I'm not in when he acts like a damn idiot. (admittedly, that's quite a bit)

2017-07-31 10:17 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Champion
Alabama
I believe he had been somewhat of a chickenchit wrt to Sessions. What happed to the bold, "You're fired!" of this TV fame? But I think he is playing a political game....hoping Sessions would retire. But Trump is not as good at politics as he thinks he is. I agree 100% with his decision regarding transsexuals serving in the military but the way he implemented it was a embarrassment to everyone.

Would I have still voted for him given his record of the last 7 months? Absolutely!! Will I vote for him again if he runs for a second term? You darn right I will.

He is not a normal person and that is why he got elected. People are sick and tired of our government running amock ignoring the American people. People are tired of paying tons of income tax and getting the short end of the stick over and over and over with every country in the world! It's about time we have a POTUS that says f the French, f the Germans, f the Chinese, f the Mexicans....f' em all! Time for the US to take care of the US and quit trying to change the world. Germany and Japan attacked us in WWII....we kicked their and are still supporting them militarily. WTF, over?

Trump has made some mis-steps but if he pushes he tax and immigration reform and the economy continues to grow.....all the stupidass tweets will be forgotten.
2017-07-31 10:29 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

Yeah, if they did a redo on the election between Trump and Hillary, knowing what i know now, I'd still vote for Trump hands down.

2017-07-31 12:16 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
My bet: It just gets worse from here.
2017-07-31 12:25 PM

User image

Pro

I depends.....if he gets some meaningful tax cuts then all bets are off.  The economy and markets are running great guns.....if that heats up even more then nobody will give a rats arse about all this other nonsense.

2017-07-31 2:43 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Oysterboy

Years ago I read in Muscle Media magazine the principle of 'failing fast'. They ran an article about successful people and said it's not that successful people never fail, but they fail fast. They are quick to see what is and is not working and make adjustments.

I just read Scaramucci was fired....a week after being hired. Trump has a new Chief of Staff now.....retired general.

We saw it during the campaign....Trump on the ropes about to go down hard in a face plant on the mat.....he'd given the most rambling, incoherent, narcissistic speech ever given by man. ever. I remember thinking, this guy is toast. Within a few days, after he hired Kellyanne, he delivers a very powerful speech....without ever rambling or getting off script.

All that to say, I am optimistic. I think things will start to change with a Marine General as chief of staff.
2017-08-01 5:41 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by Rogillio

Originally posted by Oysterboy

Years ago I read in Muscle Media magazine the principle of 'failing fast'. They ran an article about successful people and said it's not that successful people never fail, but they fail fast. They are quick to see what is and is not working and make adjustments.

I just read Scaramucci was fired....a week after being hired. Trump has a new Chief of Staff now.....retired general.

We saw it during the campaign....Trump on the ropes about to go down hard in a face plant on the mat.....he'd given the most rambling, incoherent, narcissistic speech ever given by man. ever. I remember thinking, this guy is toast. Within a few days, after he hired Kellyanne, he delivers a very powerful speech....without ever rambling or getting off script.

All that to say, I am optimistic. I think things will start to change with a Marine General as chief of staff.

I hope you are right, I shutter to think about a continual dumpster fire burning at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave for 3.5 more years. However, I am dubious as I truly believe all of this dysregulation comes from the top. But indeed, my 403b is kicking arse right now so I suppose all is good...
2017-08-02 8:15 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
"continual dumpster fire burning at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave"

I absolutely love that phrase! Thanks for starting my day with a laugh!!
2017-08-06 9:58 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member

Great article, coming from the right: http://www.weeklystandard.com/playing-defense/article/2009135

"Trump’s inability to lead means the likelihood of a conservative agenda’s emerging during this administration is low. And the likelihood of catastrophic decision-making seems higher every day. If there is a chance at comprehensive tax reform, seize it. But Republicans’ overriding concern ought to be limiting the long-term damage Trump can do."

"These are almost certainly the good old days, unfortunately. Trump’s problems so far have been of Trump’s own making. They will not remain so. While America’s enemies are testing and probing the new administration, we haven’t yet seen the kind of crisis that requires leadership at home and statesmanship abroad. Every president eventually faces such a crisis.

Recent weeks saw aggressive provocations from the Chinese (their fighter jets buzzed a U.S. spy plane in the East China Sea), the Iranians (they threaten to retaliate for unnamed U.S. violations of the 2015 nuclear deal), and the North Koreans (they tested a missile that they claim can reach the West Coast). The Russians are in a hurry to reconstitute the old Soviet empire. Al Qaeda and ISIS continue to target Americans and American interests. Trump is escalating his attacks on federal law enforcement and once again publicly dismissing the findings of the U.S. intelligence community. He is also reported to be considering firing Robert Mueller."

^^^ This is what stands out to me. If it looks like a continual dumpster fire now, what happens when the sh*# really hits the fan? 

2017-08-07 10:52 AM
in reply to: Stacers

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Stacers

Great article, coming from the right: http://www.weeklystandard.com/playing-defense/article/2009135

"Trump’s inability to lead means the likelihood of a conservative agenda’s emerging during this administration is low. And the likelihood of catastrophic decision-making seems higher every day. If there is a chance at comprehensive tax reform, seize it. But Republicans’ overriding concern ought to be limiting the long-term damage Trump can do."

"These are almost certainly the good old days, unfortunately. Trump’s problems so far have been of Trump’s own making. They will not remain so. While America’s enemies are testing and probing the new administration, we haven’t yet seen the kind of crisis that requires leadership at home and statesmanship abroad. Every president eventually faces such a crisis.

Recent weeks saw aggressive provocations from the Chinese (their fighter jets buzzed a U.S. spy plane in the East China Sea), the Iranians (they threaten to retaliate for unnamed U.S. violations of the 2015 nuclear deal), and the North Koreans (they tested a missile that they claim can reach the West Coast). The Russians are in a hurry to reconstitute the old Soviet empire. Al Qaeda and ISIS continue to target Americans and American interests. Trump is escalating his attacks on federal law enforcement and once again publicly dismissing the findings of the U.S. intelligence community. He is also reported to be considering firing Robert Mueller."

^^^ This is what stands out to me. If it looks like a continual dumpster fire now, what happens when the sh*# really hits the fan? 

It looks like a constant dumpster fire because that is exactly what the MSM is trying to portray. The left, the MSM and many in the GOP still cannot believe that Trump won the election. Anything and everything negative they can find to report is their way of saying, "See, I told you so!"

The media keeps reporting that Trump cannot claim "one legislative victory" but Trump is not in the legislative branch of government. He only has so much influence over congress. It is up to the American people to decide if the gridlock in congress is Trump's fault.

My prediction as far as the investigations go is they will find Flynn or low level campaign people violated the law. Trump will pardon them before they are prosecuted. They will eventually find Trump did something illegal (having nothing to do with Russia).....maybe tax evasion or tax fraud. Then the 'constitutional crisis' will be can you indict a sitting POTUS?

2017-08-07 11:13 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

So then why is the ACA obama's "fault"  He was in the executive not the legislative branch.

2017-08-07 11:54 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by dmiller5

So then why is the ACA obama's "fault"  He was in the executive not the legislative branch.

Because he signed off on it......if President Trump ever gets a bill in his hands that he signs off on he'll own it too. (that was so easy I thought it was a trick question)

Edited by Left Brain 2017-08-07 11:55 AM
2017-08-07 12:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

flawed logic is flawed

2017-08-07 1:14 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro

Well, flawed or not....it can't be called Obamacare if he vetoes the bill when it gets to his desk.  Truman was right you know.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » kakistocracy Rss Feed