Other Resources The Political Joe » Afghanistan Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-08-13 9:26 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Afghanistan
We've been at war for 16 years there. Should we stay or should we go? Why?

2017-08-18 7:33 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Master
Robbinsville NJ
Subject: RE: Afghanistan
I say just time to get out. I realize there must be a huge risk from a strategy standpoint if it falls the wrong direction (Iran influence) but what are we even trying to achieve at this point. Time to stop wasting money and lives on something that will never improve. If there's a way to improve it I'd love to hear our advisors explain what the goal is and how we're going to get there. If we are just afraid it will only get worse if we leave and we'll have to go back in XX years boy did we screw the pooch even more than I imagined.
2017-08-18 8:48 AM
in reply to: colesdad

User image

Pro
Tejas
I was under the impression that Obama had gotten us out of there and we only there as an advisory force. It's one of the thing the US does wrong IMO. We blow the crap out of something and then stay there forever as a 'peacekeeping' force. I mean really, how much longer do we plan to stay in Germany and Japan? SouthKorea, the list goes on.
2017-08-18 11:31 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

Master
, California

Originally posted by mdg2003 I was under the impression that Obama had gotten us out of there and we only there as an advisory force. It's one of the thing the US does wrong IMO. We blow the crap out of something and then stay there forever as a 'peacekeeping' force. I mean really, how much longer do we plan to stay in Germany and Japan? SouthKorea, the list goes on.

There's a big difference between staying somewhere peaceful because it gives us better operational capability (Germany, Japan, Turkey...) versus doing the peacekeeping ourselves (Iraq, Afghanistan).

Afghanistan is a tribal mess and our leaders should've refreshed themselves on some Soviet history.  Going in there with an open-ended commitment was and is a complete waste of lives and resources.

2017-08-18 12:08 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro

Originally posted by spudone

Originally posted by mdg2003 I was under the impression that Obama had gotten us out of there and we only there as an advisory force. It's one of the thing the US does wrong IMO. We blow the crap out of something and then stay there forever as a 'peacekeeping' force. I mean really, how much longer do we plan to stay in Germany and Japan? SouthKorea, the list goes on.

There's a big difference between staying somewhere peaceful because it gives us better operational capability (Germany, Japan, Turkey...) versus doing the peacekeeping ourselves (Iraq, Afghanistan).

Afghanistan is a tribal mess and our leaders should've refreshed themselves on some Soviet history.  Going in there with an open-ended commitment was and is a complete waste of lives and resources.

That's collusion.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Afghanistan Rss Feed