General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone have a Lezyne Steel drive pump? How many pumps to get to 100psi? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-08-13 11:45 PM

Subject: Anyone have a Lezyne Steel drive pump? How many pumps to get to 100psi?
hi!

this may sound like a funny request but here's the background.

I own a Lezyne Steel Drive floor pump. basically the pump's gauge JUST broke! - i can still pump air but i have no idea what pressure i'm at with the tire.

i have a tri race in a few days and am trying to find a bike gauge tool but can't find one.
but then i got an another idea: if someone has the same pump, could you tell me how many full pumps it takes to get your tire up to around 100psi (if you first deflate your tire completely of course).
I figure that would be a good enough estimate for now :-)

I know, strange request but i'd be in debt to anyone who has time to try this out and let me know?

Many thanks in advance!

2017-08-14 7:21 AM
in reply to: JT2

User image

Subject: RE: Anyone have a Lezyne Steel drive pump? How many pumps to get to 100psi?
You do realize there's no "one size fits all" answer here, right? How many pumps it takes to get to 100 psi depends on a lot of factors including the make, model, size, and even age of tire, along with the internal volume of the rim which is factor of it's width and internal shaping.
2017-08-14 10:26 AM

User image

Regular
Tucson, AZ
Subject: RE: Anyone have a Lezyne Steel drive pump? How many pumps to get to 100psi?
Originally posted by JT2

hi!

I own a Lezyne Steel Drive floor pump. basically the pump's gauge JUST broke! - i can still pump air but i have no idea what pressure i'm at with the tire.

i have a tri race in a few days and am trying to find a bike gauge tool but can't find one.
but then i got an another idea: if someone has the same pump, could you tell me how many full pumps it takes to get your tire up to around 100psi (if you first deflate your tire completely of course).

I know, strange request but i'd be in debt to anyone who has time to try this out and let me know?

Many thanks in advance!

It is going to depend on the size of the tire, the aging of the tire, and the size of the rim.
2017-08-14 9:29 PM
in reply to: gary p

yeah i know there's no one size answer but i'm desperate as i have a race in a few days. i was hoping to avoid having to buy a brand new floor pump altogether. As most of you know, after 70psi, it's pretty hard just to "feel" the tire to see if it's 80, 90 or 100psi, etc.

in case you're wondering, yes i have looked and looked but i can't find Lezyne replacement gauges (up here in Canada) and online.
i mean look at this at amazon.ca
https://www.amazon.ca/Lezyne-Bicycle-Replacement-Gauge-Silver/dp/B00...

$78 canadian for the 2.5" gauge. what a ripoff!

i have a 23mm vitorria zaffiro tires - quite new, barely 100km.

i guess i'll just go out and buy a manual gauge. that way, i'll always have a reliable backup should anothe rpump fail.
2017-08-15 6:13 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
2017-08-15 8:50 AM

User image

Another idea - could you go to a local gas station that has an air pump (and pressure gauge) and air up your tires there?

2017-08-16 3:45 PM

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC

I feel for you! Unfortunately I don't have you, I don't have that pump.

I'm really curious as to the answer though. I have a floor pump at my cabin that works perfectly but has a broken gauge and usually I just guess, but if I have a number it would be even better that my guess I'm sure.

2017-08-17 2:13 PM

User image

Veteran
Grapevine, TX
Originally posted by JT2

hi!

Many thanks in advance!

Haven't heard of a race that didn't provide some pump services at T1 race morning.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone have a Lezyne Steel drive pump? How many pumps to get to 100psi? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Floor pump

Started by Burchib
Views: 548 Posts: 5

2017-05-18 9:41 AM SevenZulu

Getting the bike timing down

Started by Jased
Views: 1493 Posts: 8

2017-02-07 6:08 AM nickster

Full Ironman - Getting to the next level

Started by mcondie
Views: 1353 Posts: 7