in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Upload issues

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by Matt

Well that is just totally incorrect on their part. BT receives push notifications from Garmin, not the other way around. We depend on them to send us updates.

I'm still working on this, but it sounds like Strava is experiencing the same thing. Or is that not the case any more?

Maybe they've changed their backend system and are now encouraging a pull methodology, but we are currently 100% absolutely on a "send us updates when they occur" system. It could be that they've updated their workflow and I didn't get word of it, and this bug is on a system they don't support any longer.

We'll get it figured out. Thanks for the updates!

The situation when my run doesn't upload to strava, but does to BT is when I'm doing a brick workout using the trainer. i have the trainer workout loaded on my ipad and my phone is with me, but blue tooth is off. I am not using my watch to record anything.  I finish the bike and it immediately uploads to strava and training peaks.  I then go for a run. When I get back i turn my bluetooth on, run does not upload to strava or TP, but BT has it. 

ETA: if i turn on the phone blue tooth before running, the run uploads to TP and strava and not BT. 

But it's always getting to Garmin Connect and Training Peaks?

it always gets to garmin connect, if it doesn't go to strava it doesn't go to TP.

2017-09-01 10:33 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

OK, so TrainerRoad just started syncing to Garmin Connect.  Today's ride is there (it's also on Strava and Training Peaks).  BT isn't syncing that ride, but was fine on both the bike and run from yesterday that I uploaded to GC from my watch.  I saw above Ann-Marie had some issues based on the source, could this be the issue?

2017-09-01 2:27 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Would it be fair to say that for Ann Marie and for Mike, if the workout is uploaded from the watch to Garmin Connect, it works on BT.
But if it's uploaded from another device (bike trainer, etc.) to Garmin Connect, is does not upload to BT?
2017-09-01 2:36 PM
in reply to: alicefoeller

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by alicefoeller Would it be fair to say that for Ann Marie and for Mike, if the workout is uploaded from the watch to Garmin Connect, it works on BT. But if it's uploaded from another device (bike trainer, etc.) to Garmin Connect, is does not upload to BT?

Not for me. Most of my runs do not upload to BT, the only ones that do are the ones where I've forgotten to enable bluetooth on my phone before the run.  Obviously, with bluetooth off, the run doesn't automatically upload to garmin connect. When I realize it's off, i turn it on and it either automatically syncs with garmin connect or i make it sync.  It then (whether on its own or manually) syncs with garmin connect and BT, but not strava or TP.  My bike or swim workouts never upload to BT, but always do to garmin connect, strava and TP.  Note that i have never have bluetooth turned off on my phone during those workouts (except if the bike is a trainer workout as described in an earlier post).    

2017-09-02 6:52 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Now I can't upload my TrainerRoad .tcx file.  Tried yesterday and this morning - getting the "Oops.  Something's wrong." dialogue box.  I've uploaded probably 100-150 of these over the past couple of years, so it has worked in the past. 

2017-09-02 8:19 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Thanks Mike. It's possible Matt has been working on something temporarily that is interrupting it.
But it's also possible we made a change to fix one thing that messed up another. I appreciate you posting so we can get to the bottom of it.

Meanwhile, for those who have workouts that upload to one system but not another, you can connect all of your accounts at Tapiriik and they will sync across all the systems, so if you upload to one of them, it will transmit the data to the others. Go to Tapiriik.com and there you can log into each account you have (BT, Strava, TP, Garmin, etc.) and they will sync with each other.

2017-09-02 11:24 AM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Checking on the .TCX uploads now. Still no conclusive answer on the missing uploads. 

2017-09-02 11:26 AM
in reply to: alicefoeller

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by alicefoeller Thanks Mike. It's possible Matt has been working on something temporarily that is interrupting it. But it's also possible we made a change to fix one thing that messed up another. I appreciate you posting so we can get to the bottom of it. Meanwhile, for those who have workouts that upload to one system but not another, you can connect all of your accounts at Tapiriik and they will sync across all the systems, so if you upload to one of them, it will transmit the data to the others. Go to Tapiriik.com and there you can log into each account you have (BT, Strava, TP, Garmin, etc.) and they will sync with each other.

ok, i will try tapirik, thx

2017-09-02 12:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Sorry about that. With the updates to the backend came an error that broke the instant upload feature.

Could you please try your TCX file again?

2017-09-03 12:26 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

I have a "ticket" open with Garmin's API developers. Can you PM me your Garmin Connect usernames so I can pass those along?

Thanks!

2017-09-03 4:13 PM
in reply to: Matt

User image

Master
Orlando

I have a "ticket" open with Garmin's API developers. Can you PM me your Garmin Connect usernames so I can pass those along?

Thanks!

[email protected]

2017-09-04 5:52 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Sorry about that. With the updates to the backend came an error that broke the instant upload feature.

Could you please try your TCX file again?

All good now on the upload.  Thanks, Matt.

2017-09-05 1:56 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Okay wow. Over the weekend we received thousands of workouts from both Garmin Connect and Tapiriik for your account, like hooking up Tapiriik unplugged the drain. Unfortunately, we received a tremendous number of duplicate workouts. Yikes. I'll see if I can help clean those up.

Going forward, it might be necessary to only have one synchronization platform. Let me clean up these existing duplicates and see if you get any more after today.

2017-09-05 2:01 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

I also passed along your account details to the Garmin engineer. Hopefully, we can discover what caused this backlog in the first place.

2017-09-05 2:31 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Okay wow. Over the weekend we received thousands of workouts from both Garmin Connect and Tapiriik for your account, like hooking up Tapiriik unplugged the drain. Unfortunately, we received a tremendous number of duplicate workouts. Yikes. I'll see if I can help clean those up.

Going forward, it might be necessary to only have one synchronization platform. Let me clean up these existing duplicates and see if you get any more after today.

hahaha, yeah i saw that - it took a couple of days for the upload! It went back years and uploaded everything.  Then I saw it was double and triple posting, so i went back in to tapirik and changed things up. Hopefully I fixed things.  I should know tomorrow.  thanks!  

2017-09-05 9:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Sorry, I wasn't able to get my de-duplicator tool run on your account today. I'm trying to preserve the duplicates with the most detail or comments. Probably tomorrow it will be ready.

2017-09-07 5:21 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

If you are still getting duplicates, disconnect from either Tapiriik or Garmin Connect. They are both trying to upload workouts, and they can't always detect if it is going to be a duplicate.

2017-09-08 12:46 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

If you are still getting duplicates, disconnect from either Tapiriik or Garmin Connect. They are both trying to upload workouts, and they can't always detect if it is going to be a duplicate.

I'm not getting duplicates, but I am still having issues. For example, yesterday my run uploaded to BT, but my swims did not.  I have now disconnected from tapirik so we will see what happens.  I predict nothing uploads!!

2017-09-08 2:05 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

> For example, yesterday my run uploaded to BT, but my swims did not.

Can you post a screenshot from your Garmin Connect web dashboard?

=====

I got a message back from the Garmin engineer. In reference to your 8/30 workouts

> "my bike today didn't upload, swims yesterday didn't upload, run yesterday didn't upload etc. only thing that uploaded was today's run"

The engineer says:

> The user has only one uploaded file in that day.

> There’s no failure export records for the user.

Unfortunately, that's about as far as I can take this. Garmin is saying you only have one workout uploaded for that day (which synchronized). You're saying there's more than one. And our system only received one.  There's more going on here than a simple explanation, but I am out of avenues to explore at this point. Stuck for ideas!

2017-09-09 9:10 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

> For example, yesterday my run uploaded to BT, but my swims did not.

Can you post a screenshot from your Garmin Connect web dashboard?

=====

I got a message back from the Garmin engineer. In reference to your 8/30 workouts

> "my bike today didn't upload, swims yesterday didn't upload, run yesterday didn't upload etc. only thing that uploaded was today's run"

The engineer says:

> The user has only one uploaded file in that day.

> There’s no failure export records for the user.

Unfortunately, that's about as far as I can take this. Garmin is saying you only have one workout uploaded for that day (which synchronized). You're saying there's more than one. And our system only received one.  There's more going on here than a simple explanation, but I am out of avenues to explore at this point. Stuck for ideas!

Well, I don't know what is happening either! I went back to 8/30 on garmin connect and it didn't have my bike, only had my run.  I assumed it had it as Strava and Training Peaks have it!! Today my run uploaded to BT, it did not upload to either strava or TP, had to do that manually. I have no idea what's going on!!

2017-09-09 6:19 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

It sounds like your device is uploading directly to Strava / Training peaks and there's a synchronization between those two accounts. And there's another upload that sends it to Garmin Connect which syncs with BT.

2017-09-14 9:29 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

It sounds like your device is uploading directly to Strava / Training peaks and there's a synchronization between those two accounts. And there's another upload that sends it to Garmin Connect which syncs with BT.

I've had success ONLY syncing my watch with Garmin Connect, and letting the apps (Strava, Training Peaks, and BT) pull from it.  TrainerRoad I've done manually to BT since up until recently they didn't sync with GC (they do now, but those don't come over here for some reason).

2017-11-27 5:56 PM

Extreme Veteran
I've been getting the "Oops - looks llike something went wrong" when trying to manually upload a file.

FWIW, this happens when uploading a TCX file from a Nordictrack treadmill. Has been happening consistently since the beginning of November

Attachments
----------------
2017_11_21_05_11_Manual_Workout.tcx (23KB - 16 downloads)
2017-11-27 8:35 PM
in reply to: bwingate

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Thanks for letting us know. I'll get our programmer on it to see what the problem is.
2017-11-30 3:50 PM
in reply to: bwingate

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
This is fixed now. Please try uploading again.
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Upload issues Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Manual Upload giving an error

Started by jldicarlo
Views: 2434 Posts: 19

2017-04-11 2:47 PM alicefoeller

Upload workout to Garmin Connect

Started by tmespo
Views: 3127 Posts: 2

2016-11-06 7:58 PM alicefoeller

Power not uploading

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 792 Posts: 4

2016-11-04 10:55 AM alicefoeller
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 31, 2017
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Did you know you can sync once and include Training Peaks, BT, Strava and more?