General Discussion Triathlon Talk » To run or not to run? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-08-18 11:19 AM

User image

Subject: To run or not to run?
I have been out of the training game for awhile (had another baby!) and I'm just finally jumping back in...I am running a 5k tomorrow and have not gotten much training in. I feel good today...not sore or tired, but it rained so I didn't get to run yesterday. I thought my race was Sunday, so I was going to run today and rest tomorrow...but it's tomorrow so now I am trying to decide if I should run today and risk being sore, or not run and risk not running as well. What do you recommend? Thanks!

2017-08-18 1:01 PM
in reply to: teamHaggiethemrs

Subject: RE: To run or not to run?
Originally posted by teamHaggiethemrs

I have been out of the training game for awhile (had another baby!) and I'm just finally jumping back in...I am running a 5k tomorrow and have not gotten much training in. I feel good today...not sore or tired, but it rained so I didn't get to run yesterday. I thought my race was Sunday, so I was going to run today and rest tomorrow...but it's tomorrow so now I am trying to decide if I should run today and risk being sore, or not run and risk not running as well. What do you recommend? Thanks!

Go out and have fun.
And remember, trotting, shuffling, ambling, walking briskly....more fun than running.
After all, you paid for the t-shirt, might as well go and get it.
2017-08-18 1:07 PM

User image

Aledo, Texas

This is a repeat from the training thread, so I apologize. If you run today, keep it very easy, and mostly just to stay loose. Good luck in the race.

2017-08-18 1:59 PM

User image

Cypress, Texas

Do some strides for about 20 minutes today and you will be ready to race tomorrow.

2017-08-18 2:49 PM

User image

Veteran
Grapevine, TX
Originally posted by teamHaggiethemrs

Running today will really not give you much other than possibly loosen things up if you go easy. If you go hard, tomorrow may not be fun.

How about a brisk walk instead?
2017-08-18 4:03 PM
in reply to: #5226524

User image

Thanks everyone...that's what I'm thinking...just a brisk walk to loosen up. ??

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » To run or not to run? Rss Feed