General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Xterra Vengeance or Orca Alpha Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-08-19 6:06 PM

User image

Veteran
Grapevine, TX
Subject: Xterra Vengeance or Orca Alpha
I'm in the market for a new wetsuit. My body geometry has changed and my Blueseventy no longer fits. Frankly I never liked the reverse zipper. You have enough to worry about at race start to have someone struggle behind you to get you zipped up and for this reason alone I'm moving away from that brand (other than that...no complaints).

I narrowed down my choices to The Xterra Vengeance or the Orca Alpha (2017 model...have to watch out those Amazon listings on older years....).

Anyone have experience with either or both brands? At face value they both appear great.

2017-08-19 8:54 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
Tucson, AZ
Subject: RE: Xterra Vengeance or Orca Alpha
FYI, only BlueSeventy's top of the line wetsuits have the rear zipper like that. I understand for the 1% that don't like to bother someone, but then at least you don't have to worry about someone pulling it down in the swim at least.

I have to assume you don't have the latest the Helix from BlueSeventy. If you do, then you won't find anything else that is so unrestricting in the shoulders and arms and will probably be disappointed by anything else.

Fwiw, I had a friend who is a huge Roka fanboy, wasn't even considering the BS, until a couple of people (myself included) mentioned to put it in the consideration bucket. He ordered up a bunch of top of the ine wetsuits that have good return policies, tested them all, and he went with the Helix. He messaged me in astonishment at how good it felt. It also tested faster in his own personal test, although being a little bit of a test snob, it probably wouldn't pass my own standards for wetsuits testing.

Ultimately get whatever suit is comfortable for you and you can afford. If you happen to think about BS again now or in the future you can always save 25% on BS here: http://www.thomasgerlach.com/2016/08/blue-seventy-wetsuits-coupon-c...

Also I wrote some more wetsuit buying tips here: http://www.thomasgerlach.com/2017/05/triathlon-wetsuit-buying-tips-...

Edited by ThomasGerlach ProTri 2017-08-19 8:55 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Xterra Vengeance or Orca Alpha Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Xterra Myrtle Beach

Started by TriTampa2
Views: 537 Posts: 2

2017-01-04 11:26 AM swofford11