General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Race on new bike? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-08-21 4:25 AM

User image

Subject: Race on new bike?
So, after my crash I went to the shop and my rear wheel was totally shot, could not be straightened. My front wheel was straightened but not quite as strong. So, instead of replacing parts for my 2005 trek equinox I bought a new Fuji Norcom Straight (ive been eyeing it for a while. It will be built today. My race is Sunday. The bike shop set me up on loaner wheels, so I wouldn't miss a beat. Should I race on my new bike. I will be able to get 2 rides in and I'm using the same seat. This bike is actually a proper bike shop fit, I'm just not sure if there will be any adjustments that change my feel over a full 40k ride.

2017-08-21 3:10 PM
in reply to: jnuger

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Subject: RE: Race on new bike?
If the fit coordinates are the same, or even really close, then you should be just fine.

I like to always do something new on race day. It keeps things exciting ;-)
2017-08-23 8:02 AM
in reply to: wannabefaster

User image

Durham, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Race on new bike?
Originally posted by wannabefaster

I like to always do something new on race day. It keeps things exciting ;-)

Lol. I do this too. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose :D. I did all of my training on my road bike before an oly tri and finally got my TT bike fixed the week before. I rode the TT bike for the race, and OMG my back was in so much pain! Try it on the two test rides, and if it feels good, go for it. If it hurts on those rides pass for this race and take some time getting comfortable on it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Race on new bike? Rss Feed