General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » A rarity it seems Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-09-13 8:59 PM

Subject: A rarity it seems
While most people I meet in the sport are cyclists or runners, I am a former swimmer, and even more rare among swimmers, I specialized in distance events. I spent my age group and college swimming racing 1650's, 1000's, 500's, 400 im's, and even several long distance rough water events. A friend at my gym recruited me to do a sprint earlier this year, and bam, I was hooked.

2017-09-15 1:18 AM
in reply to: Errant

User image

Subject: RE: A rarity it seems
Congratulations! You will most likely have an advantage at the beginning part of races for most of your involvement in triathlons. That will be very nice. You'll probably have to experiment a bit before finding the best strategy for you (for example, hold back on the cycling a bit more than you would like so you have lots of juice for running- probably your weakest event).

2017-09-27 9:09 AM
in reply to: Errant

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: A rarity it seems

Revel in your uniqueness and potentially reap rewards of your fishiness!  My friend who got me into triathlon is a former swimmer and she is regularly the first woman out of the water, period, and definitely the first out in her AG which in the Ironman 70.3 series is a $50 Roka gift certificate!  Even in some smaller races race directors are able to gain prizes from sponsors.  One year she won a multiple hundred dollar gift certificate from Xterra in a local sprint.

Triathlon is a very fun, challenging sport - enjoy where it takes you!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » A rarity it seems Rss Feed