Other Resources The Political Joe » Mueller nabs Manafort and Gates Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-10-30 8:09 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Mueller nabs Manafort and Gates
I don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone.....except maybe some on the left who thought indicting Trump would be a slam-dunk. From what I've read about prosecuting the mob, it is extremely hard to pin anything on 'da boss'. Racketeering prosecutors work for years trying to flip someone or get someone on the inside but unless the boss is very reckless, it's hard to pin anything on him directly.

I have never believed there was any 'collusion' with the Russians in any way, shape or form. Maybe something will come out....some bombshell. BTW, the term "bombshell" is way over used to the point that the only thing it means is, "turn to our network, we need the viewers".

2017-10-30 10:25 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Subject: RE: Mueller nabs Manafort and Gates

AND ON THAT BOMBSHELL, we go back to the amoluments studio.

2017-10-30 11:27 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by dmiller5

You will need to dumb that down some so I can understand. Your witticism is obviously above my intellectual comprehension.
2017-10-30 11:56 AM

User image

Regular
Originally posted by Rogillio

I don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone.....except maybe some on the left who thought indicting Trump would be a slam-dunk. From what I've read about prosecuting the mob, it is extremely hard to pin anything on 'da boss'. Racketeering prosecutors work for years trying to flip someone or get someone on the inside but unless the boss is very reckless, it's hard to pin anything on him directly.

I have never believed there was any 'collusion' with the Russians in any way, shape or form. Maybe something will come out....some bombshell. BTW, the term "bombshell" is way over used to the point that the only thing it means is, "turn to our network, we need the viewers".

Apparently the information Manafort was offered was "incriminating Clinton emails". Wont it be something if those emails finally see the light of day as a result of this "investigation"?
2017-10-30 2:04 PM
in reply to: hessma

User image

Champion
Alabama
I have read the indictments and see absolutely nothing to do with Trump or the Trump campaign. The 12 indictments all have to do with money laundering before he joined Trump or lying about it afterwards.
2017-10-30 2:32 PM

Master
, California

Originally posted by Rogillio I have read the indictments and see absolutely nothing to do with Trump or the Trump campaign. The 12 indictments all have to do with money laundering before he joined Trump or lying about it afterwards.

Manafort's was indicted for things that happened before the campaign but Papadopoulos was not.  Papadopoulos pled guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia.

I'll give it about even odds that Trump was truly clueless to what his underlings were doing -- or at least they were smart enough to give him plausible deniability ("just let us take care of it and don't ask about the details").  But I DO want Mueller to continue if nothing else, to reveal what parts of our election system are vulnerable so we can fix them.

2017-10-30 2:50 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by spudone

Originally posted by Rogillio I have read the indictments and see absolutely nothing to do with Trump or the Trump campaign. The 12 indictments all have to do with money laundering before he joined Trump or lying about it afterwards.

Manafort's was indicted for things that happened before the campaign but Papadopoulos was not.  Papadopoulos pled guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia.

I'll give it about even odds that Trump was truly clueless to what his underlings were doing -- or at least they were smart enough to give him plausible deniability ("just let us take care of it and don't ask about the details").  But I DO want Mueller to continue if nothing else, to reveal what parts of our election system are vulnerable so we can fix them.

With what he's admitted to in his guilty plea, there's a "high ranking campaign official" that's got to be chitting himself right about now. Trying to set up an off the record meeting with the Russian ministry of foreign affairs. Lol

2017-10-30 5:17 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by dmiller5

You will need to dumb that down some so I can understand. Your witticism is obviously above my intellectual comprehension.

top gear joke...

2017-10-30 9:18 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
My whole family watches Top Gear.....which I hate. To be fair, I hate all television that is not sports of some kind. The only thing I have in common with that show is a wrench....and if you put one in my hand the only thing I would do with it is throw it at the TV.
2017-10-31 6:37 AM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Regular
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

With what he's admitted to in his guilty plea, there's a "high ranking campaign official" that's got to be chitting himself right about now. Trying to set up an off the record meeting with the Russian ministry of foreign affairs. Lol

One thing no one is talking about is the fact that Tony Podesta resigned his position in the company he owns due to the fact of being named in the investigation. Tony Podesta is the brother of John Podesta, who just happened to be running the Hillary Clinton campaign. So, it looks like the American public was screwed either way. Both sides appear to have some level of collusion with Russia.

Of course in today's world, both parties will try and spin it like they were in the right. Good times.

LB, give me that wrench you were going to throw through the TV, I will use it to beat myself over the head.....
2017-10-31 9:46 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

Master
, California

Originally posted by Left Brain My whole family watches Top Gear.....which I hate. To be fair, I hate all television that is not sports of some kind. The only thing I have in common with that show is a wrench....and if you put one in my hand the only thing I would do with it is throw it at the TV.

C'mon LB, if people weren't having fun driving fast, there'd be less roadkill for you to fry up for dinner

2017-10-31 10:09 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Left Brain My whole family watches Top Gear.....which I hate. To be fair, I hate all television that is not sports of some kind. The only thing I have in common with that show is a wrench....and if you put one in my hand the only thing I would do with it is throw it at the TV.

C'mon LB, if people weren't having fun driving fast, there'd be less roadkill for you to fry up for dinner

You're like the Seattle truthsayer.

On another note......it looks like my hippy twin is going to school up at Bellingham next year.  Add another liberal to your ranks. We can't use her here in the Midwest, but she's gonna be a fine soldier for the other side. LOL

2017-10-31 10:15 AM
in reply to: 0

Master
, California

Originally posted by Left Brain

On another note......it looks like my hippy twin is going to school up at Bellingham next year.  Add another liberal to your ranks. We can't use her here in the Midwest, but she's gonna be a fine soldier for the other side. LOL

Cool tell her I said good luck!  Western is a nice campus and it's close to Mt. Baker.  Close to Canada too, if she needs health care

Edit: and not being snarky at all, I'll offer my own recommendation.  After a day at Mt. Baker, on the way back down highway 20, stop to eat at the North Fork Brewery.

Edited by spudone 2017-10-31 10:31 AM
2017-10-31 10:59 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by Left Brain

Cool tell her I said good luck!  Western is a nice campus and it's close to Mt. Baker.  Close to Canada too, if she needs health care

Edit: and not being snarky at all, I'll offer my own recommendation.  After a day at Mt. Baker, on the way back down highway 20, stop to eat at the North Fork Brewery.

I skied baker a few years ago. Beautiful country!!
2017-10-31 5:49 PM

Master
, California

Btw sorry that's highway 542 (the Mt. Baker highway, duh)... not highway 20 :p

2017-10-31 7:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

I suppose I'll be up there a bit......my Aunt lives on Bainbridge as well (another lost soul and true 60's hippy ....fabulous gal !!

I'll be sure to give it a go. 

Edited by Left Brain 2017-10-31 7:40 PM

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Mueller nabs Manafort and Gates Rss Feed