Other Resources The Political Joe » Innocent until accused Rss Feed  
Moderators: Ron Reply
Show Per page

of 3

2017-11-21 1:26 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

Subject: RE: Innocent until accused
I'm sorry, still think the Franken story grabbing the girls butt in pic is BS. Was she too scared to tell the hubby, who was there? BS. She was married but "reported" it to her parents?

I wholly admit that you have a lot more experience in dealing with this than I do. It sounds like you are in law enforcement, and if so, you have my 100% support.

But to raise another question, how does a male defend himself in a case where a woman alleges abuse? I DO have first hand knowledge of a case that happened to my friends son. He had sex with a girl after their 2nd date. 20 days later he was arrested. He did not know what was going on. She said he raped her. He lost his job, and his life went into a tailspin. He fully admitted having sex. He said it was consensual. I'm not sure how they did it, but 7 months later, some forensic techies were able to retrieve deleted text messages showing that the day after the "rape" she disclosed to a girlfriend her plan to ruin his life because he wouldn't marry her. In addition, she had received mental health support (and probation?) for pulling the same stunt in another state 2 years before. My friends attorney said that if those text messages were not found, his kid would have been looking at 15 years. That is scary. In the end, he just ended up with a $40,000 legal bill. They called it good and did not sue the girl for the costs, as she couldn't pay anyway.

The point-every case is unique. 99% of the time, I believe the women bringing the allegations. It's that other 1% that bothers me too.

2017-11-21 1:44 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

It usually comes out in some fashion just like you described.

Here's what I told my son when he left for college (6'4", ripped fit, lives on the athletes floor in a coed dorm):   No sex with ANY girl you meet at a party when either of you are drinking.  No sex with ANY girl before you meet her parents.  I didn't just tell him that, I drilled it in his head and filled it with stories of my experiences investigating date rape charges.  That's all I can do, or any of us can do. I worry about it because I know how much attention he gets from girls.

I'll tell the same things to my daughters before they go to college next year.....but I'll add NEVER set your drink down, and if you do, dump it out and get another.

(I only sound naive......I've always given them extreme boundaries.  I hope for about 65-75% compliance )

It's really about respect for yourself and others.  I hope I've armed them well enough to see them through.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-11-21 1:53 PM
2017-11-21 4:09 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

Sounds like you are a good dad!
2017-11-22 9:44 AM
in reply to: Burchib

User image

Pro

Oh, I don't know.....I sure got stupid when my kids got to be about 17.  I had no idea how much I needed to learn from them and their vast experience.

2017-11-22 9:45 AM
in reply to: Burchib

User image

Champion
Alabama
This story is dominating the news! I remain undecided. A couple of thoughts:

1. Does dating a 17 yo make you a pedophile? 16? 14?

2. What if the prep was 18 and dating a 14 yo? Is he a pedophile?

3. Priscilla Presley was 14 when she met 25-year-old Elvis Presley and would go on to marry him. Was Elvis a pedophile?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/child-marriage-cha...

While I do find it creepy that a 30-something yo would want to date a teenager I don't think 'pedophile' is the right term.

Turns out someone agrees with me, I just found this at WP:

"The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders defines pedophilic disorder as when an individual over 16 experiences “recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children (generally age 13 years or younger).” As far as we know at present, the youngest girl whom Moore allegedly pursued was 14 years old. Other accusers were 16 or 17 years old when he approached them. These teenagers were not prepubescent children."

One possibility for the GOP to keep the seat but not Moore is to elect him and then not seat him and then the GOP gov of AL would appoint someone else. The democrat running against Moore is a far left liberal......unfortunately the news is dominated by the allegations.

One more thought.....Moore's team is supposedly putting together evidence to debunk the claims. This is his best hope IMO. While some or even most of the 12 accusers (only 2 alleged sexual assault) are likely telling the truth, it is also likely that at least one is just jumping on the 'me-too' bus. There is a lesson Moore can learn from Trump, discredit one of the accusers and many will assume all the other accusers are bogus as well. Trump was able to totally discredit the woman he supposedly assaulted on an airplane that I'm sure cast doubt over all of the accusers.

2017-11-22 9:54 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

Bro - would you let a man in his mid 30's date your 14 year old daughter....or even your 17 year old daughter?  Would you let your 14 year old daughter go to a man's house who was in his mid 30's to watch TV? 

If the answer is no, then you can't defend this weirdo. 

If the answer is yes then carry on.....must be something in that 'Bama water ya'll drink.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Innocent until accused Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 3