Other Resources The Political Joe » Nikki Haley Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-12-10 8:49 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Nikki Haley
Next VPOTUS or next POTUS?

I like this woman and not just because she is drop-dead gorgeous. Former governor of SC and was re-elected on November 4, 2014, with a 55.9 percent to 41.3 percent win.

I predict VPOTUS....within 12 years.

Thoughts?

2017-12-10 1:21 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: RE: Nikki Haley
Originally posted by Rogillio

Next VPOTUS or next POTUS?

I like this woman and not just because she is drop-dead gorgeous. Former governor of SC and was re-elected on November 4, 2014, with a 55.9 percent to 41.3 percent win.

I predict VPOTUS....within 12 years.

Thoughts?

Psst, hey Rog, we're not allowed to point out that a woman is attractive in today's political climate. You're opening yourself to being labeled as a sexual harasser of sorts.
2017-12-12 10:23 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by mdg2003
Originally posted by Rogillio Next VPOTUS or next POTUS? I like this woman and not just because she is drop-dead gorgeous. Former governor of SC and was re-elected on November 4, 2014, with a 55.9 percent to 41.3 percent win. I predict VPOTUS....within 12 years. Thoughts?
Psst, hey Rog, we're not allowed to point out that a woman is attractive in today's political climate. You're opening yourself to being labeled as a sexual harasser of sorts.

Yep, Rog's political aspirations are done for good.

2017-12-12 12:19 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Rogillio Next VPOTUS or next POTUS? I like this woman and not just because she is drop-dead gorgeous. Former governor of SC and was re-elected on November 4, 2014, with a 55.9 percent to 41.3 percent win. I predict VPOTUS....within 12 years. Thoughts?

but seriously, why the FK do we need to comment on that?  Why couldn't you just leave it as you agreeing with her political viewpoints.

2017-12-12 12:31 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro

Originally posted by dmiller5

but seriously, why the FK do we need to comment on that?  Why couldn't you just leave it as you agreeing with her political viewpoints.

Well, have you ever heard women comment on B. Clinton's appearance, Tony Blair,  Justin Trudeau?  .......if you  haven't then you don't get around enough.  Why is that not a big deal?  I've got a better question.......why do we need to get our panties in a bunch over everything?  Hell, I don't think that woman is good looking at all.....but it looks like she is doing a good job......I guess that's a sexist comment too if you're running around looking to make a big deal out of everything. 

My boss is ugly as hell, and I tell him that whenever I get a chance. LMAO

2017-12-12 12:40 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Left Brain

Well, have you ever heard women comment on B. Clinton's appearance, Tony Blair,  Justin Trudeau?  .......if you  haven't then you don't get around enough.  Why is that not a big deal?  I've got a better question.......why do we need to get our panties in a bunch over everything?  Hell, I don't think that woman is good looking at all.....but it looks like she is doing a good job......I guess that's a sexist comment too if you're running around looking to make a big deal out of everything. 

you're acting like there isn't a millennia old precedent of marginalizing women to put all of this in context.  Why is this a big deal?  Because only a short time ago women were considered too delicate to run a marathon.  Shes pretty but can't have a brain so she can be a secretary. 

In this context, the commenting on someones appearance in this context is a device used to marginalize the real issue or their worth in whatever we are discussing.

Edited by dmiller5 2017-12-12 12:41 PM

2017-12-12 12:42 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

LOL Is taking about physical appearances is offensive to snowflakes? Don't be so naïve. "Good looks" are a factor in getting elected. How do you think the handsome JFK got elected? And Bill Clinton. Looks are absolutely a factor in any race. I've no doubt good looks help Sarah Palin get elected gov of Alaska. People just like good looking people who smile and laugh. Jimmy Carter had a good looking smile with pearly whites. Ronald Reagan had an easy charm. Obama's lean, clean-cut look certainly helped him.

2017-12-12 1:12 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

you're acting like there isn't a millennia old precedent of marginalizing women to put all of this in context.  Why is this a big deal?  Because only a short time ago women were considered too delicate to run a marathon.  Shes pretty but can't have a brain so she can be a secretary. 

In this context, the commenting on someones appearance in this context is a device used to marginalize the real issue or their worth in whatever we are discussing.

You're describing the very problem with political correctness.  When everything anyone says is offensive then nothing is offensive.  He complimented her appearance, but you're reacting as though he called her something despicable and thereby implying that as a society we cannot even compliment a woman's appearance because it is offensive to women.  So, basically in an attempt to not be sexist you're being sexist by singling out women as a sex that should not be complimented based on appearance because they're too fragile and will be marginalized by the compliment.

2017-12-12 1:16 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Couldn't get elected dog catcher in my home town

(images.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
images.jpg (10KB - 1 downloads)
2017-12-12 1:30 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Oysterboy

Couldn't get elected dog catcher in my home town

You had to go and bring Pelosi into it.....

SMH
2017-12-12 1:30 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy Couldn't get elected dog catcher in my home town

lol, I suspect not.

Isn't it amazing how we are almost turning into two completely different countries.  The urban areas and the rural areas are gradually being split along mostly social issues. 
Where the Democrats had the advantage for so long was they were really big with unions and farmers in the midwest because of big subsidies.  Remember Hillary's blue wall of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania that Trump couldn't pierce?  Those are all heavy working class and union states that have traditionally supported Democrats for decades.
The DNC has been pushing progressive social issues and forcing morally objectionable things down the throats of these very same supporters for so long, they finally hit a point where they couldn't take it anymore. Then Trump comes along who is more in tune with the working class than most Republicans of the past and it's a poop show for the DNC in the midwest.
I fully expected Democrats to lick their wounds and try to get back in touch with these voters, but they're doing just the opposite and jamming more social injustice down their throats and trying to tell them how horrible they are.  We're all racist, fascist, knuckle draggers who are so stupid we voted for Trump. 
"If we only tell them how stupid they are, they'll come around and start voting for the enlightened and tolerant party."  yeaahhh, let me know how that works out.

2017-12-12 1:31 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tuwood

You're describing the very problem with political correctness.  When everything anyone says is offensive then nothing is offensive.  He complimented her appearance, but you're reacting as though he called her something despicable and thereby implying that as a society we cannot even compliment a woman's appearance because it is offensive to women.  So, basically in an attempt to not be sexist you're being sexist by singling out women as a sex that should not be complimented based on appearance because they're too fragile and will be marginalized by the compliment.

This^^

I don't have to defend my record with regard to girls and women being as capable as men.....and If I want to comment on their appearance I will.  One has nothing to do with the other.....to suggest otherwise is, well, sexist.

2017-12-12 1:44 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by tuwood

This^^

I don't have to defend my record with regard to girls and women being as capable as men.....and If I want to comment on their appearance I will.  One has nothing to do with the other.....to suggest otherwise is, well, sexist.

I decided long ago I would not refrain from telling someone they 'look nice' in that dress or suit. I like complimenting people who go the extra mile to look nice. I am just a likely to compliment someone on his sharp suit as I am to compliment someone on her dress. Howevah....I have yet to compliment anyone on his dress.

Like LB, I don't have to defend my record either....I met my wife at my Officer Basic Course in the Army. She is now a cowgirl with 3 horses and if you see how she dominates these 1400 lb beasts you'd think twice about messing with her.....she's a good shot with a 9 mm and is as equally comfortable in high heels as she is in cowboy boots. 30 years we've been married and are still deeply in love!

Sorry, lost my haid there and fingers just ran down a rabbit hole....

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Nikki Haley Rss Feed