General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone doing the Catalina Island Sprint Triathlon? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-09-13 11:28 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bend, OR
Subject: Anyone doing the Catalina Island Sprint Triathlon?

Anyone doing the Catalina Island Sprint this year?  Is this your first race or have you done this particular race before?

I am a newbie and this will be my first race and unfortunetly I will be by myself so I'm pretty nervous.  My wife and 2 kids were going to join me to cheer me on but my wife needs to stay back to watch her Mom who needs her help. 

2006-09-28 3:31 PM
in reply to: #540533

User image

Torrance CA
Subject: RE: Anyone doing the Catalina Island Sprint Triathlon?
I'm thinking about it, but have not done it before.
LB last weekend (9/24) was my first and an awesome one - ocean like a pool, smooth bike and fast run.
I just signed up for Hermosa Beach (10/15) and am looking fwd to that, as it's a shorter swim (tho in open ocean) and a slightly hillier bike.

I've definitely caught the bug!

The Catalina course, from what little I know of the area, should be hilly for both bike and run - significantly so.

will see how Hermosa goes - i'm still on my high from Long Beach.

Good luck!
2006-09-28 4:28 PM
in reply to: #540533

User image

Expert
Sherman Oaks, CA
Subject: RE: Anyone doing the Catalina Island Sprint Triathlon?
RH1977 - 2006-09-13 11:28 PM

Anyone doing the Catalina Island Sprint this year?  Is this your first race or have you done this particular race before?

I am a newbie and this will be my first race and unfortunetly I will be by myself so I'm pretty nervous.  My wife and 2 kids were going to join me to cheer me on but my wife needs to stay back to watch her Mom who needs her help. 

I am ambivalent on this one as well. I am doing Hermosa. My concern is that I heard the bike course is fairly dangerous. I wouldn't want to turn a vacation into a trip to the hospital.

Plus, the logistics of getting there aren't that easy. If my wife comes, I will do it, but I definitely won't go there solo.

Cheers

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone doing the Catalina Island Sprint Triathlon? Rss Feed