Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Air Fryer Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2017-12-27 1:59 PM

User image

Bronze member
Subject: Air Fryer

I was given an air fryer for Christmas. Does anyone have an experience cooking with an air fryer? Love it, hate it? 

2017-12-27 5:59 PM
in reply to: trigal38

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Air Fryer

Is air better when it's fried?

2017-12-27 9:35 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by Left Brain

Is air better when it's fried?

2017-12-27 11:53 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

I think you got beat up worse than I did. 

I got 3 shirts that I'm never gonna wear......you got an air fryer.....and NOBODY in their right mind is ever eating fish fried with that bastard.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-12-27 11:54 PM
2017-12-28 8:26 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

I think you got beat up worse than I did. 

I got 3 shirts that I'm never gonna wear......you got an air fryer.....and NOBODY in their right mind is ever eating fish fried with that bastard.

Socks and dish towels. Stop yer sniveling...
2017-12-28 10:36 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

My husband bought one for himself a year or so ago and LOVES it.  I'll admit it does OK with most stuff.  He mainly makes things like tater tots (TOTS!!), wings, French fries or other frozen breaded items (like shrimp) that could just as easily be baked.  I will concede that the fresh (not frozen or breaded) wings made the most difference and were very tasty; I'm not sure the same results could've been achieved in the oven or other method, but as far as the tots, FF, etc., I don't think there's too much difference between making them in the oven or in the air fryer.

Who knows, maybe we need to research other things to make in it.  It's kind of his baby, his 'thing', so I stay out of it!

2017-12-28 11:55 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by melbo55

My husband bought one for himself a year or so ago and LOVES it.  I'll admit it does OK with most stuff.  He mainly makes things like tater tots (TOTS!!), wings, French fries or other frozen breaded items (like shrimp) that could just as easily be baked.  I will concede that the fresh (not frozen or breaded) wings made the most difference and were very tasty; I'm not sure the same results could've been achieved in the oven or other method, but as far as the tots, FF, etc., I don't think there's too much difference between making them in the oven or in the air fryer.

Who knows, maybe we need to research other things to make in it.  It's kind of his baby, his 'thing', so I stay out of it!

You should take it away from him and replace it with a burner, a pot, and a couple gallons of peanut oil.  Give him back his manhood dammit!.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-12-28 11:56 AM
2017-12-28 3:36 PM

User image

Bronze member

Don't even get me started. It was a gift from my MIL. She has been trying to help me learn to cook for that last 20 years .

2017-12-28 3:50 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Bronze member

Funny that you say that. I was going to take it back but my husband tore the box right open and decided he was going to try it out so I thought wow he really wants this thing. Of course he didn't read up on how to use it or follow a recipe. He tried homemade chicken fingers last night but they were gross. They didn't fry and were just cooked chicken with dried breading on the outside. Later I did some research and read that you still have to spray the food with oil. I would prefer to stay out of it but if he is going to ruin dinner by not bothering to learn about it then it's going to be become my thing after all I guess! 

I am thinking it might be good for baking potatoes instead of heating up the whole oven. It's a big appliance on my counter just to bake a potato. 

2017-12-29 9:20 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

You should take it away from him and replace it with a burner, a pot, and a couple gallons of peanut oil.  Give him back his manhood dammit!.

He brought it on himself!   I don't particularly like the thing.  I'll be sure to tell him Left Brain told him to man up! 

2017-12-29 9:23 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by trigal38

Funny that you say that. I was going to take it back but my husband tore the box right open and decided he was going to try it out so I thought wow he really wants this thing. Of course he didn't read up on how to use it or follow a recipe. He tried homemade chicken fingers last night but they were gross. They didn't fry and were just cooked chicken with dried breading on the outside. Later I did some research and read that you still have to spray the food with oil. I would prefer to stay out of it but if he is going to ruin dinner by not bothering to learn about it then it's going to be become my thing after all I guess! 

I am thinking it might be good for baking potatoes instead of heating up the whole oven. It's a big appliance on my counter just to bake a potato

A lot of that sounds very familiar.  I find it an unnecessary appliance but I tolerate it, not sure why.  Tots, maybe.   Because tots rule!

2017-12-29 11:59 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

My MIL gave me an avocado slicer this Christmas.  I have two knife blocks filled with knives, but somehow I need an avocado slicer.  I hate pointless kitchen gadgets.  

2017-12-29 2:02 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by Hook'em

My MIL gave me an avocado slicer this Christmas.  I have two knife blocks filled with knives, but somehow I need an avocado slicer.  I hate pointless kitchen gadgets.  

Hahahahaha, I got that last year! Now that is funny !

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Air Fryer Rss Feed