in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Distraction

Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by Oysterboy I'm curious how much 2020 will come down to the re-election of Trump policy (which honestly is standard GOP/Heritage Foundation policy prescriptions) vs the Trump presidency (and all the derisive tweets that come with the territory). I really don't know how much a positive economy will trump (note the small "T") the fact that there is such a motivated base that wants to place a strong check on the executive branch. I don't doubt Tony's assessment that a lot of people will vote their pocketbooks, I'm just not sure if Trump's antics will drive these people to the polls. As far as the 2018 midterm, I'll just go with history here: "The party of the incumbent president tends to lose ground during midterm elections: over the past 21 midterm elections, the President's party has lost an average 30 seats in the House, and an average 4 seats in the Senate; moreover, in only two of those has the President's party gained seats in both houses" . (Wikipedia). Frankly, it will have to start raining dollar bills from the sky to otherwise change this likely outcome.
We don't even know if Trump will seek a second term. He is 71 now. Maybe he'd just like a life of leisure playing golf and playing with the grandkids? I honestly do not understand people who want to work their entire lives. McCain is a idiot and should have retired long ago. It is pure arrogance to think that your knowledge/wisdom/experience cannot be replaced. I got an email yesterday finding out someone had died that I knew. Well, knew of. About 2 or 3 years ago he celebrated his 50th anniversary at Boeing. I could not help but think: What an idiot! He worked until he died. The is so much more to life than working! Oh well, to each his own. I've always tried to be a live and let die kind of person....

Then again, if your full time job is getting treated like a celebrity and flying around in a personal jet every day I may consider doing that until I die.  haha

Not me! I enjoy my anonymity too much. POTUS cannot go anywhere in the world without being surrounded by guards and reporters. Ever see the movie, "A Knight's Take" with Heath Ledger? In the movie the Prince of England would hide his royalty and go out among the people as just a regular guy. I don't envy celebrities at all! Sure it'd be nice to have my own 747 to fly around it.....but I'd be impeached it I spent a month hiking the AT or biking the Natchez Trace.

Oh, I hear you.  I'd absolutely hate being "famous" because it's a sort of prison all by itself. 
I'd much rather be low key wealthy where I can walk through walmart in my old sweatpants and nobody would have a clue.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Distraction Rss Feed  

of 2