General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lavaman Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-01-17 8:00 PM

Subject: Lavaman
Anyone that has done the lavaman that might be willing to text to give me some good information regarding little things? This is my first triathlon. It is in March and i'm starting to get really anxious. The girl that was supposed to do it with me got pregnant and canceled so its just me. I have never done anything competitive like this before so really, really a beginner. Just need some hand-holding and last minute help. I live in Alaska so that is the time zone thanks,

2018-01-17 9:24 PM
in reply to: #5235458

Subject: RE: Lavaman
Sorry I can't offer any advice as I have never done a tri myself, but good luck. I am going to do my first tri in April, still not sure whether I will do a full or half. I have no idea what to expect, which does make it quite daunting.
2018-01-17 10:06 PM
in reply to: Alaskagrl

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC

AK Girl - I can't help you with info on Lavaman but I'm sure someone will come along that can give you some info.  But, For now I can make some suggestions to help you:

Join a mentor group.  I had a look and the "My Year to Tri" might be a good fit for you.  The people here (in the mentor group) will help you learn a lot as a beginner and you'll make some friends.  You will also learn that it is safe to ask any and all questions.  We've all started from scratch.

Go to the "Race Reports" forum and search for reports on the Lavaman race.  There will be reports from other athletes that will go into detail on all aspects of the race.  Really informative and inspirational.  I read any race reports I can find for races I am interested in.

I don't know what your training background or experiences are but almost everyone experiences the doubt you are feeling now.  Every race I've done, I get to the water's edge and I think, "What the heck am I doing here?"  The training you do and the background you have and the mentor group should all get you through this.

All of this is FUN.  Relax and enjoy it.  There is no shame in not finishing.  It is better than not starting.  Just do what you can and keep moving forward.

BK - This goes for you too.

2018-01-18 8:10 PM
in reply to: wenceslasz

BK
thanks for the advice! I will do it! I have only posted a bit here but everyone is so friendly and it has already calmed me down some. Thank you!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lavaman Rss Feed