in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Master
Robbinsville NJ
Subject: RE: #Me too
Originally posted by mdg2003

Originally posted by Rogillio

Originally posted by Stacers

When I watched this last night, I thought of this post and the assertion that women don't report abuse because it might benefit them in some way. If you can find the time, please watch a few minutes of Kyle Stephens victim impact statement from the Nassar trial. It's heartbreaking, but very powerful. The amount of cover up that was done to protect this man makes my stomach turn. 

https://tinyurl.com/yc95ejtv

Haven't watched it yet but it triggered a though. I was talking to a co-worked the other day about sexual misconduct and learned she had once gotten a lawyer and was going to sue when her company finally gave her justice. Anyway, she mentioned that Hollywood guy Weinstein? and how many woman slept with the guy to get a part. In other words, instead of him saying, "Sleep with me if you want this part" She says, "I will sleep with you if get me this part". I suspect there are women who sleep their way to the top of corporate America too. I think these woman are also part of the problem....but you don't hear much about them.

That happens and it's part of the problem, we used to call them gold diggers. People should be promoted on their merits and talent, nothing else. But these are consensual acts and nobody is a victim here. Actually the victim is the more qualified person that is skipped over for promotion or a role. We all ask where the outrage was when Clinton shared a cigar with Lewinsky in the WH. Truth is, that was consensual and Monica probably saw it as a stepping stone to give her career a turboboost. It backfired on her. The person damaged the most by the entire event was Hillary.

The entire Trump pu**y grabbing tape would have buried Trump if Bernie Sanders had been the democrat nominee. As it was, Hillary standing there looking indignant and trying to whip up the women against Trump failed miserably and actually gave Trump the final bump needed to edge her out of contention. Her standing by her man, for decades, burying sexual trysts made her an enabler in the eyes of many. She stood there pointing an accusatory finger at Trump for talking shiite, while she stood by Bill and allowed him to do the deeds Trump was bragging about.

It's the reason this movement rings hollow for many. Sure it happens, yes it's wrong, but full support and funding of the movement by the DNC seems hypocritical when their top people are pretty much guilty of doing things that they're aggressively attempting wrap around the Donald's neck. I'm not suggesting DT is innocent here either. I'm merely stating that both sides are guilty of sexual impropriety, rape and abuses of women, men, children and small barnyard animals. It's just too late for the DNC to try and take the high road here, the barn door has been open for far too long.

First Stacers you have made some of the most articulate and well thought out posts on this subject that I've seen on any message board. Right on! The first conversations I had with some friends on this was can most (vast, vast majority) of these things really happen as it just seems crazy that any person would put another person through some of these things. Then my rational and common sense side knows it can't be some super deep state type of conspiracy by women to take over the world (and if I'm wrong, well played!) and I begin to understand just how overwhelming it must be for a women in those circumstances (I welled up a few times from the Nassar stuff). I've traveled with, had dinner with and drinks with plenty of women over the years and for those who are afraid to do any of those things it is simple just behave... just not that hard.

And lastly on a lot of boards (and yes I know this is Political Joe) this somehow turns into a partisan issue which I guess is the need for the one side to bash the President and the other to come to his defense and I'm guessing roles would be reversed if WJC were President at this time but I think there are enough glass houses to go around to stop any single group or belief system from claiming the high moral ground here.
2018-01-26 9:58 AM
in reply to: colesdad

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by colesdad
Originally posted by mdg2003
Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by Stacers

When I watched this last night, I thought of this post and the assertion that women don't report abuse because it might benefit them in some way. If you can find the time, please watch a few minutes of Kyle Stephens victim impact statement from the Nassar trial. It's heartbreaking, but very powerful. The amount of cover up that was done to protect this man makes my stomach turn. 

https://tinyurl.com/yc95ejtv

Haven't watched it yet but it triggered a though. I was talking to a co-worked the other day about sexual misconduct and learned she had once gotten a lawyer and was going to sue when her company finally gave her justice. Anyway, she mentioned that Hollywood guy Weinstein? and how many woman slept with the guy to get a part. In other words, instead of him saying, "Sleep with me if you want this part" She says, "I will sleep with you if get me this part". I suspect there are women who sleep their way to the top of corporate America too. I think these woman are also part of the problem....but you don't hear much about them.
That happens and it's part of the problem, we used to call them gold diggers. People should be promoted on their merits and talent, nothing else. But these are consensual acts and nobody is a victim here. Actually the victim is the more qualified person that is skipped over for promotion or a role. We all ask where the outrage was when Clinton shared a cigar with Lewinsky in the WH. Truth is, that was consensual and Monica probably saw it as a stepping stone to give her career a turboboost. It backfired on her. The person damaged the most by the entire event was Hillary. The entire Trump pu**y grabbing tape would have buried Trump if Bernie Sanders had been the democrat nominee. As it was, Hillary standing there looking indignant and trying to whip up the women against Trump failed miserably and actually gave Trump the final bump needed to edge her out of contention. Her standing by her man, for decades, burying sexual trysts made her an enabler in the eyes of many. She stood there pointing an accusatory finger at Trump for talking shiite, while she stood by Bill and allowed him to do the deeds Trump was bragging about. It's the reason this movement rings hollow for many. Sure it happens, yes it's wrong, but full support and funding of the movement by the DNC seems hypocritical when their top people are pretty much guilty of doing things that they're aggressively attempting wrap around the Donald's neck. I'm not suggesting DT is innocent here either. I'm merely stating that both sides are guilty of sexual impropriety, rape and abuses of women, men, children and small barnyard animals. It's just too late for the DNC to try and take the high road here, the barn door has been open for far too long.
First Stacers you have made some of the most articulate and well thought out posts on this subject that I've seen on any message board. Right on! The first conversations I had with some friends on this was can most (vast, vast majority) of these things really happen as it just seems crazy that any person would put another person through some of these things. Then my rational and common sense side knows it can't be some super deep state type of conspiracy by women to take over the world (and if I'm wrong, well played!) and I begin to understand just how overwhelming it must be for a women in those circumstances (I welled up a few times from the Nassar stuff). I've traveled with, had dinner with and drinks with plenty of women over the years and for those who are afraid to do any of those things it is simple just behave... just not that hard. And lastly on a lot of boards (and yes I know this is Political Joe) this somehow turns into a partisan issue which I guess is the need for the one side to bash the President and the other to come to his defense and I'm guessing roles would be reversed if WJC were President at this time but I think there are enough glass houses to go around to stop any single group or belief system from claiming the high moral ground here.

This is really not a partisan issue because abuse is abuse and we all know powerful people of all stripes are guilty of it.
One thing that I get a little frustrated about from a partisan standpoint is what appears to be weaponized assault claims at exactly the most damaging times against conservative political candidates.  We saw it with Trump and we saw it with Roy Moore.  We saw it historically with Bush and McCain.  The claims then all fall by the wayside right after the election and in the case of Moore it was proven that the women were paid a lot of money for "coming forward".

I know there's no way to know it, but I think the silver lining of Trump for the #metoo movement is that women feel comfortable enough now to actually come forward against powerful people in the Government.  There have been many many years of good ole boy protections in place and they have systematically been destroyed since Trump took office.  I know Trump and Sessions are huge on sexual crime and protecting children and I suspect it's spread to adult women as well. 
I honestly wonder if Clinton had won if any of this would be happening.  She was part of the good ole boy cover up network throughout her political career so I personally find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be the same.  As I said earlier, there's no way to know.

2018-01-26 10:24 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by tuwood

This is really not a partisan issue because abuse is abuse and we all know powerful people of all stripes are guilty of it.
One thing that I get a little frustrated about from a partisan standpoint is what appears to be weaponized assault claims at exactly the most damaging times against conservative political candidates.  We saw it with Trump and we saw it with Roy Moore.  We saw it historically with Bush and McCain.  The claims then all fall by the wayside right after the election and in the case of Moore it was proven that the women were paid a lot of money for "coming forward".

I know there's no way to know it, but I think the silver lining of Trump for the #metoo movement is that women feel comfortable enough now to actually come forward against powerful people in the Government.  There have been many many years of good ole boy protections in place and they have systematically been destroyed since Trump took office.  I know Trump and Sessions are huge on sexual crime and protecting children and I suspect it's spread to adult women as well. 
I honestly wonder if Clinton had won if any of this would be happening.  She was part of the good ole boy cover up network throughout her political career so I personally find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be the same.  As I said earlier, there's no way to know.

This shouldn't be a partisan issue, but it is being used like one. If it weren't, we'd have seen the list of politicians that used the tax money slush fund to pay off sexual 'misconduct' lawsuits by now. A bi-partisan effort would be born and those elected officials would be purged from public service. That hasn't happened. The movement is being used with precision to eliminate politicians that can't be beat by the other party. Funding comes from up high. Both sides are guilty of using this movement to suit their own needs.

Edited by mdg2003 2018-01-26 10:25 AM
2018-01-26 10:30 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama
You are right Tony, no way to know.

I just heard someone on the news trashing Trump's comment that the stock market was up nearly 50% and had Hillary won it would be down 50%. LOL, that is a bit over the top even for Trump as there is no way to know if it would have gone down.....but given that she would likely have stayed the course with most of Obama's policies and regulations and there would not likely have been a tax reform, I'd say at best the market would have stayed flat. But of course, no way to know.

Sorry for the off-topic....back to your regularly schedule discussion.

Not to be Eeyore, but I don't know that it is any easier for women to report sexual assaults now than it was a year ago. Nor do I think men will less inclined to use their positions of power for sex. No sexual predator ever does so thinking they will ever be caught. No man in power using his position to get sex ever thinks he will be called on it. That is the arrogance of power. At best if they knew that women are more likely now to report him maybe that would dissuade some men.
2018-01-27 11:55 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Tejas

2018-02-09 11:17 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
2018-02-27 12:26 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Veteran
Elmira, ON
So..

On this anniversary day of the Clinton Lewinsky affair...

http://torontosun.com/news/world/bill-clinton-affair-a-gross-abuse-...

If this happened today...would it be sexual misconduct?

2018-02-27 12:30 PM
in reply to: TheCrownsOwn

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by TheCrownsOwn

So..

On this anniversary day of the Clinton Lewinsky affair...

http://torontosun.com/news/world/bill-clinton-affair-a-gross-abuse-...

If this happened today...would it be sexual misconduct?

No. This was Clinton and all Clintons are above the law. Bill is still considered by democrats to be an American hero. It just goes to show, a winning smile and easy southern charm can cover a world of sin....
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » #Me too Rss Feed  

of 2