Other Resources The Political Joe » Democrat Senator from Alabama Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-01-29 4:45 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Democrat Senator from Alabama
“Newly elected Alabama Sen. Doug Jones, in his most high-profile vote since taking office, was one of five Democratic senators to vote overnight with Republicans on a spending bill to avoid a government shutdown. ... Republicans have a 51-to-49 member majority in the Senate. The vote was 50-49.Jan 20, 2018”

I was not aware of this till today. Evidently he was one of 5 democrats willing to break ranks.

2018-01-29 9:28 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Democrat Senator from Alabama

Originally posted by Rogillio “Newly elected Alabama Sen. Doug Jones, in his most high-profile vote since taking office, was one of five Democratic senators to vote overnight with Republicans on a spending bill to avoid a government shutdown. ... Republicans have a 51-to-49 member majority in the Senate. The vote was 50-49.Jan 20, 2018” I was not aware of this till today. Evidently he was one of 5 democrats willing to break ranks.

Seems like a smart guy.  He obviously knows his days are numbered so if he votes down the republican line he may fool enough voters into getting 6 the next time around.  It could snow in hell too, but at least there's a chance. ;-)

2018-01-30 6:40 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by Rogillio “Newly elected Alabama Sen. Doug Jones, in his most high-profile vote since taking office, was one of five Democratic senators to vote overnight with Republicans on a spending bill to avoid a government shutdown. ... Republicans have a 51-to-49 member majority in the Senate. The vote was 50-49.Jan 20, 2018” I was not aware of this till today. Evidently he was one of 5 democrats willing to break ranks.

Seems like a smart guy.  He obviously knows his days are numbered so if he votes down the republican line he may fool enough voters into getting 6 the next time around.  It could snow in hell too, but at least there's a chance. ;-)

Changing parties while in office is not unprecedented. Alabama's other Senator, Richard Shelby was elected as a democrat and changed parties in 1996 to become a republican. I don't expect Jones to do this....it would be hilarious if he did. If he continues to break ranks, he has a much better chance of getting re-elected.
2018-01-30 8:31 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Rogillio

Changing parties while in office is not unprecedented. Alabama's other Senator, Richard Shelby was elected as a democrat and changed parties in 1996 to become a republican. I don't expect Jones to do this....it would be hilarious if he did. If he continues to break ranks, he has a much better chance of getting re-elected.

If he changes parties he won't get invited to all those high level klan parties. In the grand tradition of Morgan and Pettus.
2018-01-30 9:08 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by mdg2003

If he changes parties he won't get invited to all those high level klan parties. In the grand tradition of Morgan and Pettus.

He is actually a GOP mole sent to infiltrate the DNC...he's been groomed since childhood to be naïve, act stupid to pretend he is really a democrat. His is an Alabamian Manchurian candidate.....

On a totally different subject I read this morning in the WSJ a line about dems I thought was good.

"The same President they claim is an idiot is apparently pulling off a Nixonian cover-up."

2018-01-30 10:27 AM

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member

Imagine that - a senator voting based on the wishes of his constituents instead of his party line!

2018-01-30 10:58 AM
in reply to: Stacers

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Stacers

Imagine that - a senator voting based on the wishes of his constituents instead of his party line!

It is strange that we think of it as strange.  lol

When he won the election I figured he wouldn't be a much of a hard core liberal because his constituents aren't that.  I mean, he certainly could but he wouldn't be representing his constituents.

2018-01-30 4:19 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

He is actually a GOP mole sent to infiltrate the DNC...he's been groomed since childhood to be naïve, act stupid to pretend he is really a democrat. His is an Alabamian Manchurian candidate.....

On a totally different subject I read this morning in the WSJ a line about dems I thought was good.

"The same President they claim is an idiot is apparently pulling off a Nixonian cover-up."

The adjective "Nixonian" must connote a bad job of covering up as Nixon ended up resigning in utter disgrace.
2018-01-30 4:40 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy

He is actually a GOP mole sent to infiltrate the DNC...he's been groomed since childhood to be naïve, act stupid to pretend he is really a democrat. His is an Alabamian Manchurian candidate..... On a totally different subject I read this morning in the WSJ a line about dems I thought was good. "The same President they claim is an idiot is apparently pulling off a Nixonian cover-up."
The adjective "Nixonian" must connote a bad job of covering up as Nixon ended up resigning in utter disgrace.

lol, I was thinking that too.  Nixon didn't do a very good job covering up.
I know what you were trying to say though.  ;-)

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Democrat Senator from Alabama Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Senator McCain

Started by Rogillio
Views: 661 Posts: 9

2017-07-25 8:50 AM mdg2003

The future of the democrat party

Started by Rogillio
Views: 412 Posts: 7

2017-04-27 5:01 PM tuwood