General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hoosier in training Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-02-04 1:52 PM

User image

Subject: Hoosier in training
Hi everyone!

My names Reid, I'm 23 and I've finally decided it was time to take the step to competing in tri races. My first race in in April, in Muncie. I'm starting small, it's just a simple sprint tri but I'm nervous non the less. I've been involved in the Louisville IronMan for 7 years now and my goal is to compete in it years from now.

I was hoping by joining this site, I could get some advice from the pros, especially on the best places to get tri gear in the Indy area. My cousin who has competed in numerous Ironmans has been helping me throughout this but she can only to so much from Australia :/.

Any advice would be very helpful! I'm very VERY excited and hope after finishing the race in April, I'll add a few more races under my belt by the time the summer is over.

Look forward to hearing from y'all!

2018-02-05 12:03 AM
in reply to: remilam

Subject: RE: Hoosier in training
Another Hoosier here! I've gotten some good gear that was seriously discounted at Runner's Forum. There are several locations around the Indy area.
2018-02-05 7:27 AM
in reply to: remilam

User image

Subject: RE: Hoosier in training
I don't know where in Indiana you are coming from, but there are several sprint length triathlons to choose from, as well as some olympics and halves.

One that I would recommend is the Monticello Rotary triathlon at Indiana Beach. I think it is the second weekend of September. I did it two years ago, and it was a good race for a newer athlete in that it has a pretty small field of participants, and that the bike and run are pretty flat (even by Indiana standards!)

J White

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hoosier in training Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hoosier Triathlete

Started by hbourne
Views: 527 Posts: 3

2018-01-24 10:35 AM k9car363

Triathlon training in KS

Started by Traindad
Views: 757 Posts: 6

2017-08-15 10:44 PM Traindad