Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2006-09-19 8:06 AM
in reply to: #544651

User image

Extreme Veteran
Brisbane
Subject: RE: Profile Design Aero water bottle

I fill mine up to 2/3 only and exclusively with water. Only use for racing and extremely long rides.

Don't worry about not finding the top; I went through the same.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=10211&posts=4&highlight=aerobottle&highlightmode=1#M86593

2006-09-19 9:08 AM

User image

Elite
In The Peleton
Mine has been great. I bought a poofie before using it the first time, and haven't had any spillage issues even when filling it full. My bracket is zip tied onto the stem, and it's been fine. The bracket holds the bottle pretty tightly, and with the velcro strap it's very solid. I only use it for races or rides where I'll need more than two bottles, but that's cuz I'm lazy--I can just throw regular water bottles in the dish washer, with this I need to make sure I get the straws clean and wash the poofie.

Who would have thought that I would ever own my own poofie?
2006-09-19 6:41 PM

Regular
Boston. MA
I had the same problem until I purchased a round sponge from the grocery store. The outside of the sponge is almost like brillo type pad but it is plastic and it doesn't soak up like a sponge. It is more used for scrubbing things. I put the yellow mesh down as is and then stuff the round sponge on top of it. It fits perfect in the aero bottle opening and allows me to pour liquids in as well. Because of the fit there is no splashing. The sponges are yellow, green and may come in packs. You can't miss it. I think this will solve your problem.
2006-09-19 7:04 PM

User image

SF Bay Area, Mountain View
i tried to get used to that POS for about have of my training for my second IM. then i just gave up and ditched it. i just couldn't stand the rattling and the fluids leaking out all over the place.

the longer the distance the less it matters if you lose a few seconds by reaching down and grab a bottle.

it's probably an either or. either invest in a really good aerobar/aerobottle combo or just do without it.
2006-09-19 7:13 PM

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, MI
I think I'll get a shark poofie for when I'm feeling extra competitve and need to intimidate other racers- and if it's in red, even better

I think we can come up with something even better than that $45 dual bottle gadget, considering the solution to the $11 bottle is a $1 'poofie.' Any engineers out there?

Thanks for all the helpful hints, you guys are all like the marth stewarts of triathloning, without the financial problems, I hope
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Profile Design Aero water bottle Rss Feed  

of 2