General Discussion Triathlon Talk » food, food, food...diet, diet, diet Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2006-11-15 12:15 PM
in reply to: #598938

User image

Subject: RE: food, food, food...diet, diet, diet
WOW thank you guys so much for such awesome information. If you're reading this and thinking about posting please do!

I'm still interested in what others are doing.

I would like to lose around 40lbs and i am 3 months (almost 4) postpardum. I am signed up for a triathlon in April 07. I've not been in a pool in years, do not run consistently or for long periods of time and i don't own a bike although i can ride one...but in case you've lost hope in me...i played basketball for years, soccer, did track (well shotput and discus) so i'm athletic and i have two kids under two so i have endurance. Just bought a treadmill and i'm hankering to jump on it and see what i can do.

thanks again!

all information is welcomed and encouraged!

beth
cols,oh

2006-11-15 1:17 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Guelph

My 2 cents worth here.... i was a serious chocolataholic, and sweets if I couldn't get chocolate. I don't believe in diets but part way into my training I said I have to change this (eating habits). I quit chocolate cold turkey, cut out dairy (soy milk) and swithced to whole grain breads, etc. and more raw fresh vegetables, and drink lots of water. I lost 14 lbs over about 5 months and have stablized nicely. I recently increased some of my serving sizes becasuse I had dropped a bit. Never had problems with energy. ( I do still indulge in occassional sweet but not nearly the volume I used to)

2006-11-15 5:57 PM
in reply to: #598992

Veteran
Madison, Alabama
kenail - 2006-11-14 1:46 PM

Scout7 - 2006-11-14 2:36 PM

I have determined that beer is a required training food.

Did I say two glasses of red wine a night? I meant two glasses before my beer...

While I don't drink as much beer as I used to, I think it's an excellent recovery beverage. Carbs -- lots of tasty, frothy carbs. Mmmmm.

Yeah, I wanted to know how anyone with a Fat Tire avatar couldn't have listed beer in his diet plan.

Fat Tire is the beer that lured me away from Macroswill (Bud, Miller, etc) and I haven't been right since...

Noting like going on a good 40-50 mile training ride and coming home to a nice big Arrogant Bastard to top off the day...

Kevin
2006-11-15 6:46 PM

User image

molto veloce mama
beth, please come on over to the weight loss forums, and consider joining one of the challenges. it is very motivating to have a group to check in with. keeps you honest. i also count calories, using calorie king. works great for me...and as abear said, keeps me honest.

remember though that it takes 10 months to make a baby, and at least 10 months to recover from being pregnant and labor. i am STILL working on my belly from birthing my two kidlets. don't be do hard on yourself. be healthy, and as consistent as you can be. if you are breastfeeding, you also shouldn't limit calories too drastically. you actually burn an extra 300-500 a day breastfeeding.
2006-11-16 9:19 AM
in reply to: #600061

User image

Master
West Jordan, UT

montyb49 - 2006-11-15 11:15 AM  I would like to lose around 40lbs and i am 3 months (almost 4) postpardum.

Training for a Tri can definitely help you reach that goal.  I have lost close to 40 pounds since April and really my only secret is that I work out  almost every day and I eat a tiny bit less.  My biggest change has been not eating seconds at dinner.   I tried not to set any unrealistic goals like "I will lose 20 pounds in 6 weeks"  because I think that just sets you up for discouragement.  I also don't have any off limits foods.  Sometimes you just need some fries!   Realize that this will take a lot of time and effort and that you have to stay conistent day after week after month.   I have been losing about a pound a week on average and I think that is a good safe goal.   Don't cut more than 500 calories a day from normal and then workout a lot and the weight will drop.  Good Luck!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » food, food, food...diet, diet, diet Rss Feed  

of 2