General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Columbus area tri shop? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-01-30 12:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ohio
Subject: Columbus area tri shop?

Hey folks,

I live in Cincy, but am trying to find a reliable, customer oriented tri shop. I love my LBS, but they don't always have exactly what I'm looking for. Suggestions for something in the columbus area? I found a website for a shop called TriTech Sports, are they good? Thanks.

Edited by Sassafras 2007-01-30 12:12 PM

2007-01-30 12:26 PM
in reply to: #672848

User image

Expert
South eastern Ohio
Subject: RE: Columbus area tri shop?
I am not sure about Tri-Tech but Wheelie Fun is in Lebanon, near Columbus. They have a web site. I'm not sure of the address but there is a link on HFP Racings Web site. They are really nice. Hope this helps.
2007-01-30 2:55 PM

User image

Expert
Earth

I have used the Tritech fitting operation, I would shop there again. 

Wheelie Fun I have called several times, they NEVER answer the phone, they also don't reply to email.  I have talked with others that have shopped at the store, and they have said good things about the store.  However, I don't know that I will ever darken their door.

So if you don't mind DRIVING to the store you might be alright, but then again you might not find what you are looking for either.  Please understand I have no vested interest in either store, Wheelie Fun is a sponcer of my Tri Club - and I really wish I could give you a glowing recomendation.  My frustration is they just have a really loosey business sense.  (I was trying to rent a wetsuit, and could not find out if they even rented the dang things.  I called multiple times, left several messages, even attempted multiple emails.  Because of their lack of ANY response of ANY KIND, they are on my black list of businesses to shop.)

2007-01-31 11:24 AM

User image

I would suggest looking at BikeSource. Go to www.bikesourceonline.com and look under location then look for Dublin, OH. The manager, who is a fellow triathlete, is very helpful!
2007-02-09 10:34 AM

User image

Expert
Ross, Ohio
I use Wheelie Fun exclusively.  WSM is correct, they are not great about answering the phone.  I feel like this is because they are very laid back, or customer friendly.  By this I mean if they have customers in the store they deal with them first and do not answer the phone.  If you ever make it into the shop they are great.  Super helpful, knowledgeable, and extremely nice.  My friend is a serious triathlete and I am a complete novice.  They treat us the same.  The three main guys in the store compete regularly in tris, and one is actually one of the top triathletes in the state.  Their selection on bikes is average.  They do custom bikes and have a few name brands.  They do not have many different brands to pick from but can get anything you are looking for.  You could probably find it cheaper on line though.  If you need service though, they are the best IMO.  I have been burned by a few other local Cincy shops so I drive 45 minutes just to go to them rather than go to other shops that are closer.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Columbus area tri shop? Rss Feed