General Discussion Triathlon Talk » San Antonio, Anyone? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-04-20 12:00 AM

User image

Rapid City, SD
Subject: San Antonio, Anyone?
Hey, I'm moving to San Antonio next week and am looking for some riding/running clubs/groups. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

2007-04-20 9:00 AM
in reply to: #769495

User image

Dallas
Subject: RE: San Antonio, Anyone?
try the running store in SA, Roger Soler's Sports (www.rogersoler.com) and the tri club Team Alamo (www.teamalamo.org).
2007-04-22 7:46 AM

User image

Master
Tyler, TX

I don't do much group training, but here are a few other other places to look.

Britton Bikes is in NorthCentral San Antonio and offers weekly rides (through a local riding group, I believe), Wednesday evening  time trials, and a few dus and tris during the year.

San Antonio Wheelmen is the big riding group in town.  

I looked into Peak Fitness Racing also, which looks interesting (some just run, other just bike, others tri).   Their rides start in the North Central part of town also.

www.brittonbikes.com   http://www.sawheelmen.com/  www.peakfitnessracing.org

2007-04-22 11:25 AM

User image

Expert
San Antonio, TX
Soler Tri Sports in Helotes is having a First Thursday Ride or Run event the "first Thursday" of each month. After the ride or run they are suppose to have food and music for everyone to just hang out. Couldn't get to the first one last month but will try next week. Soler's web-site also has a great calendar of lots of events in the area.

Not sure about Team Alamo any more. I think they are disbanded due to lack of participation. Not a 100%. Check out the website anyway.

Welcome to SA.

K
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » San Antonio, Anyone? Rss Feed