General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ST ANTHONY'S UPDATED THREAD Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-04-24 8:39 AM

User image

Wife, Mother, Friend.
South
Subject: ST ANTHONY'S UPDATED THREAD

okay, it's TUESDAY.  If you haven't read this first, do it now before proceeding....this is from Q (Jeff)

NEWSFLASH!

OK peeps, this is not good news.  DISH IS CLOSED!!  I found out last night when I went to make the reservation.  It's GONE!  So...with four days to go, I need to find another place to eat on Saturday night.

KathyG made a suggestion last night that might work.  TooJay's on Saturday, and someplace different on Friday.  We could all meet at Baywalk at Wet Willie's (its the bar I was suggesting for the afterparty) Friday evening and then decide as a group where we'd want to go from there.  There are a few other restaurants in Baywalk that we could go to for Friday.  There is an Italian place, and I'd suggest this for the Saturday dinner but I do know a few of the athletes don't want just a pasta place, and there's Dan Marino's which can get expensive.  But there are other places around town that we can hit as well, probably in walking distance.  So we're gonna have to figure something out on the fly for Friday.  I'm gonna take a drive there on Wednesday night and make a list of all the places close to Baywalk that we can hit for Friday.  Anyway, TooJay's does have a diverse dinner menu so you can usually find something there that will suit your tastes.  Everything from lasagna to deli sandwiches...salads, soups, etc. 

I'D LOVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS TOO. I'm so sorry guys, I don't live anywhere near there so it was a complete surprise to me when I called for a reservation and got the ART GALLERY instead.  UGH!!! 

So...please chime in on this and I'll get a final count.  We don't need a res for TooJay's, we can order as we please and just hang around and eat at our leisure...so it may work out better in the long run.  Either way though, dinner is still on, and I'll make every effort to make it work.  My apologies for not knowing DISH was closed.  I feel AWFUL

Here's a list of stuff at Baywalk:

http://www.baywalkstpete.com/diningdshoppingentertainment/index.php

Gosh. 

I don't know the area either.  So... we wait for Jeff to chime in again on Wednesday!   A big thanks for this, dude...... 

2007-04-24 9:15 PM
in reply to: #774167

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: ST ANTHONY'S UPDATED THREAD

Jeff,

Thanks for playing social director.    We should be there Saturday night with our girls (so 4 total).  Looking forward to it! 

2007-04-24 11:03 PM

User image

Veteran
Florida
Kendall!!

Didn't know you were doing St. Anthony's...after Hammerhead, never thought I'd do another, but here I am

Can't wait to see everyone again (hi Lucy)...please keep this thread updated as to the status on Saturday night meetup...

I have a friend (who is flying in all the way from Maryland just to cheer for us on Sunday) and Matt's mom (who'se never seen either of us race either) in tow, so our total for Saturday night will be 4 as well...sit down at leisure place with lots of seats and not overly crowded would be awesome...
2007-04-25 4:01 PM

User image

Wife, Mother, Friend.
South

updates are in the original thread..... 

summary...Jeff is still looking for a place..may announce it later tonite

Jess is bringing name tags. yay!!

Ron's not coming

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ST ANTHONY'S UPDATED THREAD Rss Feed