General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit Care Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-05-11 9:39 PM

User image

Champion
Butler
Subject: Wetsuit Care

I just swam in my wetsuit for the first time and had some question.  I swam in pool to try it out which I know is not really suggested but I wanted to try it out before my first attempt at ows.

1.)  I rinsed of my suit in the shower after both inside and out, is this correct, do I need to only rinse part of it?

2.) Should I hand it to dry?  My suit came with a hanger so I am assuming it is okay to hand it up but I have read otherwise?

3.) I have a try bag with a part at the bottome for your wetsuit.  After a race do you just shove it in the bag or fold it neatl?

4.) At a race when you get to T1 where do you lay your wetsuit?

5.) I have read to wipe the suit with baby soap after using.  Do you do this on the inside and out or what?  Where do you do this, in the bath tube and rinse thoroughly?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2007-05-11 10:04 PM
in reply to: #797892

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Wetsuit Care

1.) Yes, rinse it well, and consider buying some wetsuit shampoo

2.) Yes, hanging it to dry is fine. I wouldn't hang it for long term storage though. See what the mfg. reccomends, some suggest folding it, others rolling...

3.) Well temporarily it probably won't matter, but taking care of it will extend its life.

4.) I just shove it into my tri bag that I have there in the transition area.

5.) I've never heard of the baby soap thing, but it's probably got a mild conditioner that will protect it, likely similar to the wetsuit shampoo.

6.) I'm out of my suit shampoo, but it reccomended rinsing it in a cold bathtub of water with a capful of the shampoo mixed in the water, and then hang drying.

Quintana Roo says this: QRoo Wetsuit shampoo, 8 fl oz - cleaner and conditioner. Regular cleaning keeps your wetsuit free of organic residue, salt deposits, and chlorine, helping to prevent premature aging and oxidization. Also, keeps colors bright and eases suit entry! Biodegradable.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Edited by bubba76819 2007-05-11 10:06 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit Care Rss Feed