General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sports drink mix Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-01-16 10:49 PM

Subject: Sports drink mix
After a hard workout, if I don't get anything into my system soon after I get very fatiqued and shaky. I drink throughout the workout. Drinking every 15 mins. But I just can seem to get enough calories to keep my body going. I am not a big person weighing 124 at 5'4" and also not a big eater. I try to eat 5 to 6 small meal throughout the day but it doesn't seem to be enough. I try to eat balance meals with lots of grains, vegetables and some protein. Do you think adding a sports drink like cytomax would help or could someone recommend something. I know this can't be good for my body or training.

2004-01-17 5:05 AM
in reply to: #4055

, Alabama
Subject: RE: Sports drink mix
I weigh about what you do, and I also can't take in a whole lot at one time. What's worked well for me in everything from ironman on down was to drink (just one easy gulp) every 3 minutes for the hydration/electrolyte and eat/drink one bite of something for the calories every 15 minutes. It sounds complicated, but it actually helps with motivation during the long workouts. Instead of thinking of 112 miles in the IM, it's just thinking about the next 3 minutes at a time to drink and 15 minutes at a time to eat (let the 7 hours take care of itself!) Is it possible it's also dehydration along with not enough calories? What are you drinking? How many ounces per hour do you consume? Do you feel thirsty between each 15 minutes you drink?

Just food for thought.

Sharon
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sports drink mix Rss Feed