Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Prizes for 2007 Brampton Sprint Championship relay teams Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2007-06-01 10:48 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Orangeville, Ontario
Subject: Prizes for 2007 Brampton Sprint Championship relay teams
There will be something for everyone at the 2007 Brampton Sprint Junior National Championships. This year we will be giving out awesome prizes and offering an amazing trip! Two relay teams will win a trip to the Chicago Triathlon Aug 24-26, 2007. This trip includes flight, hotel and race entry into the already sold out largest triathlon in North America. Winners get to stay with elite athletes, shop and compete in the country’s largest triathlon. Former Olympic Coach Barrie Shepley said “The Chicago Triathlon is the premier event in North America for age group athletes and six lucky people will be able to attend just for participating in the Brampton Tri-Cool Relay.”
The Chicago race is known for the biggest sports expo, having the most participants in North America and the 6 lucky winners get a chance to have the choice of participating in the relay race or sprint individual triathlon. Each team entry will get there name put into a draw and at days end they will draw the name of the lucky team. All you have to do is enter the race to be eligible to win this trip. So don’t hesitate and get your teams together today!
Also appearing on June 30th are national team athletes Kathy Tremblay and Paul Tichellar who are two of the top Canadian elite athletes who are racing for the overall top prize purse. This years race has 8 spots for each age category to qualify for the world championships in Germany 2007 and Vancouver for 2008! Come out to support the race, the athletes racing and get your teams together and make this a day to remember! For more information please visit the C3 website at www.c3online.ca
Geoff

2007-06-10 2:33 PM
in reply to: #825594

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Prizes for 2007 Brampton Sprint Championship relay teams
I'm prepping to do the Brampton race, it will be my first Tri this year. This morning I did a 10.2K in Toronto, then drove up to Musselman lake and did my first OWS since last September. The water felt great (about 70) and was very calm. We did about 750M, based on the dragon boat bouys that we swam around. Then we did a short easy ride of 16k. Was a great day for it today and I am now pysched for the Brampton race. Even though I am not going to win anything, I am looking forward to getting out and having a great time.

Edited by richtherunner 2007-06-10 2:33 PM
2007-06-20 4:04 PM

User image

Veteran

Hi Geoff,

I'm planning on going up to professors lake this weekend to check it out. Is it open for a swim or do you need special permission from someone?

Thanks, Rich

2007-07-01 12:02 PM

User image

Veteran

I finished the race yesterday, albeit slower than I would have liked. Great event and a great field of competitors.

My race report is up if anyone is interested.

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Prizes for 2007 Brampton Sprint Championship relay teams Rss Feed