General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie from upstate SC Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-09-06 12:39 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Upstate, SC
Subject: Newbie from upstate SC
Hi all,

I will be participating in my first duathlon this weekend! I have been training for the better part of 5 months leading to this event. I am hitting the point of getting very nervous about what lies ahead! I have been an athlete my entire life, but at the age of 34 I have quickly realized that fitness doesn't come as quickly and easily as it did when I was in college! From what I have gathered I will be in the so called Clydesdale division. I am 6'6" and weigh in at 255. The name katybug is what I call my daughter in case you were wondering.

Kevin

2007-09-06 2:57 PM
in reply to: #954102

User image

Extreme Veteran
Horse Country
Subject: RE: Newbie from upstate SC
Welcome, Kevin!

The bad news, is you will find your first Du to be like nothing else. The good news, is with an athletic background you'll have a wealth of tough times in your history to help out when you're on the second run leg asking yourself why you're out there.

The really bad (good?) news is you'll almost certainly be hooked!

Make sure you're getting some "brick" training in - workouts where you bike for a while and then do a run immediately (or shortly) after. Otherwise you'll be very surprised how hard it is to run when your legs still think they should be making tight circles and letting the bike hold up your butt.

Be sure to check out - and start using! - the logs. They're awesome! And there's lots of folk to chat with in the forums, as I'm sure you've already found out.

- BG
2007-09-06 3:11 PM
in reply to: #954102

User image

Master
Knightdale/Raleigh
Subject: RE: Newbie from upstate SC

katybug34 - 2007-09-06 1:39 PM ...I am 6'6" and weigh in at 255. The name katybug is what I call my daughter in case you were wondering. Kevin

Glad you cleared that up, because looking from your screen name to your real name, I was wondering.

Welcome to BT!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie from upstate SC Rss Feed