General Discussion Triathlon Talk » knee pain + foot pain - what is it? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-09-11 4:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: knee pain + foot pain - what is it?

My left knee has been aching - below and to the right of the knee cap - at the beginning of a run, but usually goes away after I warm up.  But then afterwards for a day or 2 I feel pain/stiffness on the back of my knee making it a little difficult to straighten.  Pretty sure it's not PFPS, since I know what that feels like.  Also, don't know if this may be from incorrect shoes - I had doubts about my last fitting.  And the pain didn't start until I was tapering for a race, though it still could be overuse.  Any ideas on what it is?

As for my right foot, I'm pretty sure it's from wearing an old pair of shoes on Sunday.  I've got pain under the 3rd metatarsal head (metatarsalgia?), and it seems to either be swollen, or to have dropped down a bit, making walking a bit painful.

Other than ice (and taking some time off) is there anything I should do?  Sports med doc?  New shoe fitting?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » knee pain + foot pain - what is it? Rss Feed