General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shoe place in the Columbus area? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-10-16 8:32 AM

Regular
Subject: Shoe place in the Columbus area?
Or maybe I need a podiatrist, or a even a psychiatrist?

Prior to beginning an exercise program, I wore crocs and clogs exclusively. Really, I wore shoes and socks as little as possible.

I bought a nice fitting pair of Asics Nimbus for running, but I'm finding in the very little running I'm doing, my arches hurt quite a bit while running, and my toes get numb. Now, I recover from this very quickly, and have no lasting tinglys. I'm not all against saying any weird feelings are entirely in my head.

Do I need to be fitted for better shoes? Or do I just need to quit being so neurotic, and get out there and RUN?

Thanks!

2007-10-16 11:52 AM
in reply to: #1009891

User image

Subject: RE: Shoe place in the Columbus area?
I would suggest you get fitted for a pair of running shoes. It sounds like you might not have the correct shoes for your feet if you are having problems with the arches.

I would go to Fleet Feet Columbus, over off of Polaris Parkway. they can get you squared away on the right shoes. www.fleetfeetcolumbus.com

Good luck!
Don
2007-10-17 6:10 PM

Regular
Columbus, Ohio
Front Runner off Lane Ave is also a great place
2007-10-29 2:31 PM

User image

Elite
Columbus, Ohio
Sounds like your shoes are too tight.

I like Fleet Feet (polaris) and Second Sole(gahanna/easton)

Fleet Feet can get you on a treadmill and look at your stride and help you. Just keep at it.
2007-11-06 6:31 AM

Front Runner on West Lane Ave is excellent. They are very helpful, especially to those of us (like me) that are not up on latest shoes. Also go through an extensive fitting process...
2007-11-19 10:01 AM

Regular
I have to make a comment about Fleet Feet on Polaris, though it's petty. Forgive me. They may be outstanding at shoes and running, but my first impression wasn't pleasant.

This past Saturday, I went to pick up my very first (ever, ever) race number and shirt for a Thanksgiving run/walk. I signed up for this on a whim, not really thinking I was going to make it, but it was a goal. Time passes, training indicates that I will make it. Heck, I might even run more than I walk. I've set the scene that I'm pretty excited about this?

I took my very tall, very slender daughter with me. She's thrilled for me, knows how hard I've worked, and won't be able to cheer me on as she'll be out of town. The running store is full of the stereotype runners, all salespeople that I can tell.

One of the anemic looking sales guys comes up and grabs my daughter's arm, "Is this your first race?! How exciting!" My daughter looked at him shocked, "Uh, maybe next year?" I smile big, "It's my first race!"

Sales guy says, and I quote, "Oh." and walks away. (!!!) I couldn't help but laugh all the way out to the car, embarrassing my child, because that's what parents do! I'm the first to admit, she certainly *looks* like a runner, I do not. Actually, she isn't a runner yet though. We were looking at starting track in the spring and maybe, I dunno, er, kids events some time. She's a natural athlete who sees how much fun I'm having, so she wants to play too.

Fortunately, The Running Company in Dublin did NOT laugh at me. They were kind, compassionate and didn't once make a comment about my weight. They had no idea I had this other athlete at home, they treated me like one straight away. So, I know where I'll be spending my money from now on.

2007-11-21 12:24 PM

User image

Elite
Columbus, Ohio
Sorry to hear about your experience after my suggestion. I am close to the regular runner build and did not expect them to treat anyone differently. I wish you the best of luck and make nice with the shop in Dublin... once you find a good shop and get to know the people they can really meet your service needs.
2008-01-15 2:33 PM

User image

Marion, Ohio
I went to Columbus Running Company on Perimeter Loop.....and couldn't be happier
2008-02-08 10:28 AM
in reply to: #1012884

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Shintri14 - 2007-10-17 6:10 PM

Front Runner off Lane Ave is also a great place

I 2nd that. They are great!
2008-02-10 3:33 PM

User image

Mansfield, Ohio
I have had two very good experiences at Front Runner. They were very helpful and took a good deal of time getting me, my wife, and my friend fitted for the right shoe.
2008-02-10 7:11 PM
in reply to: #1203837

Regular
i would have to agree.
I went to Frontrunner last week, for my first pair of running shoes.
They were very kind and helpful.
They spent alot of time fitting me and watching my gait.
I would definetly go back.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shoe place in the Columbus area? Rss Feed