General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trainer Tips and Gear [HOT FUN IN WINTER] Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-12-12 1:56 PM

User image

Chicago
Subject: Trainer Tips and Gear [HOT FUN IN WINTER]
First, a quick question on my trainer. I got one of those wheel rests from Nashbar for my front tire. Any suggestions on how I can pad it, etc to make sure it's level with the back wheel?

Now, for some ideas, questions and thoughts:

*My butt seems more sore riding on my trainer than outdoors. What gives? I am wearing bike shorts, yes. Any tips on how to remedy this?
*Playing Nintendo DS on the trainer is actually quite doable. During tough parts, I speed up my cadence. It's like interval training for the cyber-geek.
*What is wear and tear going to be like on my tires? Not sure what I should do at the end of winter to account for this.
*I'm trying to engage my glutes more during my rides to help build that muscle. Any suggestions on riding position, etc?
*Should I assume I am burning less calories than a regular outdoor bike ride since resistance is different?

Thanks for responding in advance. I love my trainer. Winter is hard here in Chicago when you want to ride your bike and can't.

2007-12-12 2:41 PM
in reply to: #1097924

User image

Master
, Minnesota
Subject: RE: Trainer Tips and Gear [HOT FUN IN WINTER]
I can comment on a couple of areas.

Sore nether region: Apply chamoix cream. Doesn't matter whether you're inside or out, friction still occurs.

Wear and tear on your tire: Get a Continental trainer tire, it'll wear like steel.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trainer Tips and Gear [HOT FUN IN WINTER] Rss Feed