Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m
To and fro trying to remember everything that needed to be done before I fly home. Power of Attorney for Chris to sign for me if the house closes before I get back, resale certificate to the real estate company, transfer from GCI to AT&T since they have better service where I am going. A few shops for a few comfy clothes for the hospital and lunch and we left work at 1030 and got home at 340. Now 730 and I have gotten laundry done, dinner done thanks to Chris and finally done packinng.

Apparently dad knew who I was when mom asked if he knew who I was when she said I was flying in. A few minutes where crabby dad wasn’t there - dad has a lot of confusion/dementia and yesterday he was like drunk happy today he was mean to mom so much she left the hospital early. Should be fun what I find tomorrow. Thursday more labs and then a visit with oncology to get a few answers. Shiela who was there last week and can’t be there this week sent me a list of questions.

Strength
  • 20m

3x20 - leaning cable raise & Front cable raise,
30 toe taps

3x20 - incline db raise & front bb raise
30 toe taps

Will try to do the 3x20 db lateral raise and db Arnold press later and an additional 30 toe taps.

Went down to get on the TM and do an incline workout for 30 min cardio and my mom called less than a minute in and that was done. Will try to do it tonight.

Dad was taken back to the hospital by ambulance last night. Mom found him trying to pull down the closet doors about midnight, claiming he had back pain radiating up his back, as well as it was hard to breathe. Home nurse line said to take him to the ER. He told the nurse in the ER when she asked if he needed anything that he wanted a rope to put around his neck. Ambulance ride back out to the hospital in Iowa City.

Update: I am on a one way flight home tomorrow night arriving late morning on Wed about 30-45 min from the hospital. It was to be a "just in case, can cancel within 24 hours", well mom called and I told her I was coming home. Update on dad - he is starting to retain fluid on his legs so they are going to give him something for that, they are going to start looking at his back to see if they can find a reason for the increase in pain and he hasn't said one coherent thing since Mom has gotten to the hospital. DNR has been filed.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m
Got the calendar printed, got the food, meal prepped tonight.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 45m

Sport
  • Walking
  • 40m
New meal plan and workout schedule including weights starts Monday. :)

Sport
  • Snow Shoveling
  • 1h 00m

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m
Good things: The creative minds are bringing my dog kennel that they have redesigned so hopefully Gus can't get out of there.

In between - Dad is getting to go home today until they start Chemo on the 16th-ish. VA said that it would just take as much time to get it set up as it does in the civilian world. Dad has been anxious to go home and hasn't slept well. So my sister and mom fought to get him released today but my sister is also trying to set up some home care since mom won't be able to leave dad alone at all. Update: They made it home, dad slept most of the hour drive home, but was asking for sausage biscuits and strawberry shake when they got to their hometown. This seems good but Dad still has quite a bit of confusion. He made a comment this morning that he just might as well shoot himself in the head to go through this. Needless to say the guns from mom and dad's house will be visiting my brother for a while.

Dad has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Aggressive B-Cell Lymphoma. It has shown up in his neck, his abdomen and up by his lungs. Stage 4 is not as bad as traditional cancer. This just states it has been found in multiple places. His chemo will be infusion and most likely they will admit him each time since there are a lot of steroids with it and dad usually has a level of psychosis with steroids and opiods. He has said until his neck heals he isn't doing anything else. Sorry you hate that we signed you up but we needed to know what we were dealing with. He hasn't sleep since about Saturday so I am sure that is part of his confusion.

My sister said that he asked her this morning what the girl in the corner's name was and there was no one there. Luckily Shiela just said - She doesn't look familiar - do you recognize her? to redirect him and he is good for a bit.

spackard's Training Log

November 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals