The Good Life

Sunday - October 9

Run
  • 3h 35m 58s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 08m 14s /Mi

PR'd my marathon time by almost eight minutes. It might have been more had I not had to stop and use the porta potty mid-race (Garmin time was 3:34:30). Will work up the details in a race report.

Saturday - October 8

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

Walking around the marathon expo and whatnot in Chicago.

Friday - October 7

Arrived at my parent's house at 2:30am. Then my daughter, who slept the entire car trip, was wide awake. So I spent the next hour and half convincing a 15 month-old that she should go back to sleep because mom and dad were running a marathon and needed their sleep. In the end I got 4 hours of sleep for the night. I would like to thank Red Bull, Coffee, and Twizzlers for keeping me up for the whole trip.

Thursday - October 6

Packing up the wife and kid and hitting the road tonight for Chicago. Driving at night for most of the eight hour trip is not my particular cup of tea, but if it means the kiddo will be sleeping the whole way then I'm for it.

Wednesday - October 5

Run
  • 22m 21s
  • 3.02 miles
  • 07m 24s /Mi

Meh. I'm definitely not feeling at the top of my game, even for just a 3 mile run. This taper is putting too many doubts in my head.

Tuesday - October 4

Run
  • 21m 58s
  • 3.07 miles
  • 07m 10s /Mi

A quick and hard run three miles. Legs didn't feel fresh at all.

Last week I was feeling confident about my upcoming marathon. Now, not so much. Call it the tapering blues, but now I feel unprepared. My last long training run seems like a distant memory. Doubt it creeping into my mind. I keep reminding myself that I am better prepared than last year and that my body has handled the training better. I'm not shooting for some stellar performance this weekend, I'm just hoping I don't crash and burn as I did in 2010's race.

Monday - October 3

Strength
  • 15m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -

Barkeep's Training Log

October 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races

• Silverback Triathlon - Sprint Course (Triathlon)
    9/14/2014 Lawrence, Kansas

Totals

• September's totals
  • August's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals