Sunny
High 83F
Low 62F
MONDAY
Sunny
High 87F
Low 65F

Bike fit today at 3.

6:28 PM: Today has turned into a real shit storm. I logged onto my computer around 6:45 AM and began working furiously. I must have burned up the ethernet lines because my computer crashed hard. From 11:30 til NOW I have been on the phone with the HELP desk trying to get my connection back up. I can't miss ANOTHER day of work. I'm so far behind as it is.

So I will be working tonight. A lot.

I did go get my bike fit, so that's good. It was really messed up. Seat came up almost an inch, and forward. The handlebars came down 3 cm. Aerobar pads were mismatched and uneven, so they matched them, and evened them out.

Last week's long ride: 75-80
Swim #1 (3000+)
Swim #2 (3000+)
Short walk 1
Short walk 2
Long walk 1
Shorter swim?

Long ride (Madison)
Shortish ride (Madison)
Rest

Run
  • 1h 02m 50s
  • 3.52 miles
  • 17m 51s /Mi

Leisurely walk on the "greenway" with Trudy after swimming. Stopped to look for turtles and pet some dogs. I was so hungry I was starting to feel ill.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 3200.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

Yards.
Masters @ a different place. SCY.
I was tasked with leading the lane... a mission at which I failed miserably. It's been a while since I have been in a lane with other people and SWEET JESUS I forgot how serious people can be about their intervals. I did a shitty job, and someone else took over. That's OK.

Hard workout. I don't remember it. The warm up was 800 and the cool down was 200. The main set was 3500 and clearly we didn't finish it.

Swim #1 (3000+)
Swim #2 (3000+)
Short walk 1
Short walk 2
Long walk 1
Long ride (Madison)
Shortish ride (Madison)
Rest

Bike
  • 4h 49m 32s
  • 77.30 miles
  • 16.02 Mi/hr

Hilly. Foggy. 2 lane roads. Dump trucks. Cement trucks. Hot. Humid. Speeding cars.

Not sure I enjoyed riding on the roads in Waxhaw NC. Definitely felt like I was taking my life into my own hands. Oh boy. No close calls, though. Knock on wood.

The terrain was great, though, and the roads are in better condition than the ones here in IL. I just wish the lanes were a bit wider and there was just the tiniest suggestion of a shoulder. There's literally nothing. And the lanes are skinny.

Generally glad I lived.

Rode Peter Sagan, the new roadie. He performed well.

Swim #1 (3000+)
Swim #2 (3000+)
Short walk 1
Short walk 2
Long walk 1
Long ride (Madison)
Shortish ride (Madison)
Rest

Run
  • 1h 03m 42s
  • 4.26 miles
  • 14m 57s /Mi

Literally hotter than hell itself here. And very very humid. This is a terrible place for my hair. Did a 4 ish mile hilly loop after a good breakfast and visiting with some friends.

Swim
  • 1h 17m 10s
  • 3499.56 yards
  • 02m 13s /100 yards

LCM at MAC (which is where the very hot, but very dopey Ryan Lochte used to work out) Decent facility. I have never swam LCM before and I really liked it. I got confused a couple of times, though, because 100 is just there and back, not there and back and there and back.

Also, that last part before you reach the wall... I'm like swimming swimming swimming and I'm like WHERE THE HELL IS THE WALL?

We did one of Trudy's workouts... I don't remember all of it.... was something like...

400 swim, 300 pull. 200 kick, 100 swim
400 swim
2 x 200 swim
400 swim
2 x 200 swim
400 swim
200 cool down?
--------------------
3200 M

Something like that. Boring.

We had other people in the lane with us, though, and it was fairly easy to account for and keep track of this workout, once I got the there-and-back part down.

OK, so here we goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Swim #1 (3000+)
Swim #2 (3000+)
Short walk 1
Short walk 2
Long walk 1
Long ride (Madison)
Shortish ride (Madison)
Rest

Drove Drove Drove Drove Drove. ZOMG drove.

Pulled out of my driveway at 6 am exactly, arrived in NC at 10:28 pm. My third real road trip. I have driven to Florida (Key West) New York (Lake Placid) and now here. I'm still much more excited about flying.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 2h 30m 41s
  • 47.10 miles
  • 18.75 Mi/hr

It violently stormed last night and this morning, thwarting our plans to drive up to CL and ride around LG. We slept in an extra SEVERAL HOURS and rode by home. Flat. Fast..

My bike fit is killing me and it needs to be changed. I am going to be gone for 4 days and then I have to work like a lunatic on Thursday and Friday before Chris' cousin arrives on Friday so we can go up to Madison and ride the course. When will a bike fit enter into that equation?

Will have to make time.

This week has been a bit of a flurry/disaster bc I have taken so many damn days off work, I have to work extra hard when I actually am at my desk. More days off next week... am driving to North Carolina with my friend Trudy to visit T2, their second home... she and her husband retired early and now split their time between here and there. Am bringing a bike, so there will be plenty of biking to be had out there... am also going to swim with her Masters group and walk since one can walk anywhere!

Am gonna try hard to get this long swim in tonight.

Short Swim Tonight (2000-2500)
Short Walk Thursday AM or lunch (3.6 mile route)
Long Swim Friday? (3200-3600)
Long Walk Friday afternoon? (BIG MAYBE) 
Rest 1
Rest 2
Long bike Saturday with Chris up and around LG (80-85 miles/hills)
Short bike (25-30 miles)

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Whizzzzz's Training Log

July 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance