400 THIS WAS NOT at the same 1:37-1:40 pace
50 cool down
--------

It was supposed to be for 3200

Run
  • 59m 23s
  • 4.03 miles
  • 14m 44s /Mi

Got about 2 miles out and noticed the skies looked suspiciously dark. Checked the radar. No bueno. Turned around and made for home. Left all the windows open in the house, so I wanted to get home before we had a soggy carpet.

Mission accomplished, however my long run is lacking about 3 miles.

1.  Short Walk
  2. Long Bike
  3. Long Walk  ←
  4. Short Swim
  5. Long Swim
  6. Short Bike
  7. Optional Swim
  8. Optional Bike 
  9. Rest Day

We are hosting the neighborhood statue party tonight. This does not bode well for a whole bunch of workouts tomorrow. We've had the statue since October, when the Cubs won the World Series. We were supposed to throw a winter party, but that never happened. Now it's MEMORIAL DAY and we're just getting around to doing it. 

Am looking forward to getting the statue off my porch.

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 28.90 miles
  • 14.45 Mi/hr

Before you judge me on my 14.4 MPH average, please know that this was a disaster of a ride. Well, not a TOTAL disaster, I didn't fall or get hit by a car or break my bike. Those things are total disasters. This was just a demoralizing over estimation of my early season riding skillz. I have determined based on tonight's results, that I'm probably like a B+ rider. Can't quite yet get with the A group.

I tried, though. Held onto them for a decent amount of time... like almost 20 miles! Then got caught out at an intersection. I could still see them in the distance, but every little incline we went over put them further and further out of my grasp. My climbing skills, while never strong, are even WORSE now, due to the DVT/PE and the fact that I'm carrying around about 20 extra lbs.

In terms of power to weight, there's too much weight and not enough power. I'm just as fast on the flat sections, maybe even faster... but ask me to climb a hill and I struggle like I've got emphysema.

Anyway, I finally lost track of the group in a curvy area that had many intersections. I didn't know which way they may have gone... and I was lost.

So I wandered hither and tither going for a little while and turning around, then going and turning around, until I finally had to break down and call Chris. Figured it out but ended up taking the long slow stoplight laden route home.

Maybe next time I can hang the whole time. We'll see.

Literally ALL OVER THE PLACE. And on the bigger map you can see where I retraced the streets over and over... rode up, turned around rode back. Oy.

1.  Short Walk
  2. Long Bike
  3. Long Walk
  4. Short Swim
  5. Long Swim
  6. Short Bike
  7. Optional Swim
  8. Third Bike
  9. Rest Day

Apparently we don't have to come into the office this week. So that allows more time to train during lunchtime! How exciting. Therefore, I will do a long swim at lunch and then a short bike after work. Or, maybe a long swim in the AM. Wouldn't that be novel? Getting up to do something other than go to the bathroom. haha. We'll see.

Long swim = 3200 + Meters. Looking for a workout now.

Then, I think next week will be a recovery week. With a flattish century on Sunday followed by the U2 concert. How will I stay awake for all of this? And why does U2 only tour in Ironman years?

2:13 PM: Ummm yeah. Nothing has happened today. Got home late from CPCU meeting and didn't sleep well. Now work is eating me alive. I can actually feel my brain. It may start leaking out of my ears.

3:40 PM: Short bike is not going to happen. 

7:00 PM: Blew the whole day off, drank some wine and finished the Sopranos. What a horrible ending.

1.  Short Walk
  2. Long Bike
  3. Long Walk
  4. Short Swim
  5. Long Swim
  6. Short Bike
  7. Optional Swim
  8. Third Bike
  9. Rest Day

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

9:41 AM: CPCU meeting tonight up in Schaumburg. Rest Day. Yawn. Getting nails done at lunchtime.

1. Short Walk
  2. Long Bike
  3. Long Walk
  4. Short Swim
  5. Long Swim
  6. Short Bike
  7. Optional Swim
  8. Third Bike
  9. Rest Day

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 30m 39s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 15m 19s /Mi

To the post office and back... with a large box and a padded envelope on the way there. My hands were free on the way back.

Had to run across the intersection to make the light. ACTUALLY run, not jog or walk fast. I RAN.

Swim
  • 55m
  • 2405.95 yards
  • 02m 30s /100 yards

Leisurely. No Garmin.

300 swim
200 pull with paddles
100 kick
6 x 100 50 kick/50 build
400 pull
300 (100 free 100 IM 100 free)
200 with fins (6 kicks off the wall)
100 cool down
------------

My poor shoulders are like WTF is going on here!?!?!??!

Do I dare try to put down a schedule here? I don't know. I am doing better it seems just free forming it.

Here's what needs to happen this week:

1. Short Walk
  2. Long Bike
  3. Long Walk
  4. Short Swim
  5. Long Swim
  6. Short Bike
  7. Optional Swim
  8. Third Bike
  9. Rest Day

Was going to ride with the Monday night group tonight, but the radar looked sketchy, and I didn't want to drive an hour up there only to have the guys fink out on me again. It apparently rained, so I guess that was a good decision. 

Whizzzzz's Training Log

May 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
Time
  • May's totals