FRIDAY
Partly cloudy
High 45F
Low 41F
SATURDAY
Partly cloudy
High 41F
Low 25F

Chris is traveling for work, so I will have the house to myself tonight. Working til like 5 and then I'm going to do my trainer ride and then... list a couple more things on eBay! Maybe catch up on all of the WHAT NOT TO WEAR I have TiVo'd.

Goalz.

5:56 PM: Going to list items on eBay and do my Day 2 trainer ride tomorrow. Just signing off work computer now.

Blagh

Bike
  • 53m 54s
  • 13.16 miles
  • 14.65 Mi/hr

Virginia. The World Championship Course. Very hilly. Hard to excel at hills when you're doing a Z1 foundation ride.

FASTED RIDES DON'T BEGIN UNTIL NEXT WEEK. Yay!

Bike
  • 53m 48s
  • 15.01 miles
  • 16.74 Mi/hr

I liked this ride.

I'm going to skip the second "FOUNDATION" ride of WEEK 4 and do the harder Tempo ride today,  then move onto week 5 tomorrow. I need to get back on track. Next week has 5 workouts, one of which is a fasted ride which needs to occur in the AM. Not really looking forward to that, if I'm being honest. Ha.

HIP AND KNEE REPLACEMENT ZONE! Better living through bionics. 

A left hip, a right hip and a left knee. 

Bike
  • 59m 07s
  • 16.20 miles
  • 16.44 Mi/hr

TEMPO RIDE

Going to visit Trudy this afternoon/evening after work. 

So... Trudy is one of my bestest friends and my IM riding pal. She was supposed to do a lot of last year's riding with me, but she crashed and separated her shoulder. Last week, she went out for a quick ride during one of our unseasonably warm days. She got ahead of her husband, so she pulled into a parking lot to turn around and wait. As she was making the low speed turn, she slid on the pavement (which was wet, slushy, and slick) and landed with a thud on her R hip. 

She broke the ball of the femur straight off. She had an emergency hip replacement and is now recovering from that. I am bummed because she's my riding partner and I'm going to be on my own again probably this summer... but more than that, I'm bummed that she's going to be laid up like she is going to be. S/B/R is a big big part of her every day life and she always finds some way to stay active. I know how hard it is to recover from a joint replacement and I know generally what's ahead for her and it's all going to be very different than what she's used to. 

Anyway, going to visit her today. Bringing her a ROKU and a NETFLIX gift certificate. She's gonna need them. 

6:51 PM: Rescheduled Trudy for tomorrow. Am just signing off work computer now. What a crazy week. UGH.

Now I suppose it's time for a glass of wine.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Into the office again. Blah. How did I do this on a daily basis?

Teeny tiny party for Brant's last day with State Farm. Took a train and 2 ubers to pull this off, however I showed up. He's off to Indianapolis. 

My social life is once again killing me. I need to return to my hermit-like ways. I need to ride the trainer and quit eating bar food and drinking beers. I also need to quit celebrating things.  Helllllllllllp. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

Into the office. Dinner plans after work. No time to work out.

There aren't enough hours in the day. Am so grateful I can work from home. Commuting into the city is a big ole hassle and takes a solid hour each way. Sometimes longer.

Got to see Agnes, though, so that was good.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

Whizzzzz's Training Log

January 2018 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
Time