• 2405.95 yards
  • 02m 08s /100 yards

400 warm up every 4th backstroke
2 x 200 pull with paddles and buoy
4 x 100 on 2:00
1) 1:40
2) 1:43
3) 1;43
4) 1:45 How's that for a positive splitter?
100 kick (Garmin registered 25 M on this??)
8 x 50 IM order
200 pull hard with paddles
2 x 100 on 1:55
1) 1:40
2) 1:45 AAAAHHHHH
100 cool down
--------------
2200 M

Working from home. Going to take lunch early and head to the pool to swim... like... 2200 or so. Then back home, finish working, and pick Chris up at the airport.

Woke up to 50 degrees and rain. Meh. Didn't ride bike. I suppose I could have gotten on the trainer, but... nah.

And that, my friends, is the first time in a long time I have swam (swum?) 2x in one week. Both times solo. I think I need to stop going to Masters and just do my own thing. It's not super motivating anymore and I don't like being beholden to someone else's schedule.

Run
  • 1h 16m 48s
  • 5.21 miles
  • 14m 44s /Mi

All the way to CVS to pick up a refill of Meloxicam, then back to the normal route the rest of the way around. Nice outside. Ran a little. Not much. Don't think I will ride tonight, I think I will give my knee a break.
-
Am stockpiling Meloxicam for the later months of Ironman training. I expect I will need it in July and August. I haven't had any for a while, but I keep getting it refilled and I just sit on it. I'll need it. Of this I'm certain.

Easy ride (maybe) tomorrow AM and a lunch time swim (for sure) Short swim.

Then picking up Chris from the airport.

I need to go to the store and get groceries. I'm about to eat catfood. Or a cat. Also need to do some laundry. Maybe while I watch ToC tonight.

You know I'm always rootin' for the TOURMINATOR, my BFF Peter Sagan. I had a dream about him last night. We took selfies. Lots of them. We were great friends. We were putting our faces together cheek to cheek and taking the most adorable selfies. We were both wearing helmets.

Then, Chris and I got home (from where? The selfie session?) and we lived in a different house... one with a great big cement stoop. It was really windy outside, and we left the front door open. The cats came out of the house and they sat down next to us on the porch and they were wearing little cat jeans. And this was all perfectly normal.

I can't make this shit up.

Swim
  • 1h 13m
  • 3499.56 yards
  • 02m 05s /100 yards

So this was a lot of stroke. And drilly stuff.

500 warm up every 4th back or breast
3 x 100 on 2:00
1) 1:35
2) 1:45
3) 1:45
200 IM
4 x 25 IM
400 pull with paddles
4 x 75 IM order
200 Tennessee (UGH)
4 x 25 fast
400 kick
6 x 50
even build
odd IM order
200 fast in and out of flags
4 x 25 no breath (HA)
100 cool down
---------------
3200 M

I'm back.
Longest swim since IMWI 2015.

Chris is out of town for the week. I thought I had a CPCU dinner to go to tonight, but I DON'T! It's next Tuesday! So I'm going to do a 5 mile walk around lunchtime, and then spend tonight listing items on eBay after work. Will swim tomorrow after work. Lunch plans at lunch time tomorrow.

Got up early today and cleaned the kitchen floors and Windexed all of the windows. I would really love to clean out the fridge. Maybe I will do that instead of eBay tonight!? The options are endless! I am full of energy and getting great sleep. (Chris has been snoring a bit lately and waking me up multiple times throughout the night) We need a solution to this problem sooner rather than later... and sending him out of town forever is not the long term fix I'm seeking. Haha

I took a recovery day. I was so productive today... it was amazing. I listed 15 more items on eBay and I cleaned out the entire refrigerator AND I cleaned the hardwood floors in the kitchen and the hallway.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 27m 45s
  • 1.86 miles
  • 14m 55s /Mi

Just a little something to get the juices flowing. Riding tonight with the boys up in CL.

Attached my old hitch rack to my new car and the whole setup fits in the garage! This is excellent news. This means I can put my bike on my car the NIGHT BEFORE a ride and just pull out of the garage ready to go in the AM. This doesn't sound like much but believe me, the less fiddling around I have to do in the early morning hours, the better.

Bike
  • 50m 59s
  • 14.40 miles
  • 16.95 Mi/hr

Drove an hour up to CL to ride with the Monday night crowd. I love my Monday night friends, but most of them are currently too fast for me. Trudy and Peter usually hang back a bit and we go at a hard, yet more season-appropriate pace. Hah.

The radar looked bad, and there were news reports of a hail storm. We got started a bit late and rode anyway... but once it began to rain, Peter turned around and headed back to the start. We'd already been dropped from the main group and we didn't know for sure where we were going. It rained pretty heavily, but by the time we got back to Ed's house, it was sunny again and we were treated to a pretty vivid rainbow.

I was a little irritated, but I'm trying not to let it get to me. I will have plenty of opportunities to ride my bike this summer. I just need to be ready for September. I'm already feeling squirrley about it.

Well nothing ended up happening today. We had to be at my mom's early in order to catch a train downtown for brunch. Wandered around a little bit downtown... then turned it around and came home. We were home by 5:30 or so. After having to be happy for my Mom and her Mother's Day celebration, I came a little bit unglued at home and wallowed a bit regarding my own Mother's Day Celebration.

Then went to bed.

It was 90% a good day. 10% suck day. I just hate the way society makes me feel like I don't count if I'm not a mother. I know plenty of shitty mothers. Why are women automatically special because they pushed out a baby? They're not.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 3h 17m 16s
  • 55.81 miles
  • 17.00 Mi/hr

Rode with Chris. Hard ride. I feel like I am riding very hard in the early season here. I hope this starts to get easier soon. I could feel yesterday's ride in my legs.

Very windy and I started to get crabby toward the end.

Whizzzzz's Training Log

May 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
Time
  • May's totals