SUNDAY
Sunny
High 81F
Low 64F
Bike
  • 1h 40m 25s
  • 27.43 miles
  • 16.39 Mi/hr

Easyish sort of quickie ride with Julie out by me. Flat. Terrible headwind going west. Nice tailwind coming back east of course! :)

Short Walk

Short Swim (2500 - 3000) Will do this on Sunday.
Long Walk (12 miles?!) 3 hours 
Med Walk 
Lake Loops (x2 again have to start even EARLIER) 
Med Bike (25-30? Friday afternoon with Julie) 
Long Swim (4000-4200) 
Recovery Day SUNDAY (I am going to TRY to make it that long) 

Run
  • 2h 53m 22s
  • 11.25 miles
  • 15m 24s /Mi

Sweet God in heaven walking just takes FOREVER. Walking and walking and walking and walking and walking and walking and walking. Even at a "fast" pace it's just so SLOW.

Whatever. Close enough. In the books and I can sit down and rest for a minute.

"I've got a long one today!"

(that's what she said)

4:18 PM: Well I have worked like a slave all day long today... no lunch... and now I'm going to sign off and walk 12 miles. God Help Me. This may be a disaster.

Short Walk
Short Swim
Med Walk
Long Swim (4000-4200)

Run
  • 45m
  • 2.80 miles
  • 16m 04s /Mi

ACTUALLY, since I walked all over creation today, to and from the wrong law office, (then to and from the RIGHT law office) as well as to and from the YMCA I am going to cross my short walk off the list. It's literally done. In work clothes and cute shoes.

This ended up being (sort of) a rest day.

Mediation all day, which was utterly useless. We sat sequestered in a room while the mediator worked on the Plaintiff and the co-defendant. We got nothing accomplished and the case didn't settle. Surprise.

We split around 3pm, just enough time for me to get to the airport to make my 5:30 flight home.

Crossing SHORT WALK off the list as well.

Short Walk
Short Swim
Med Walk
Long Swim (4000-4200)

Swim
  • 1h 24m 02s
  • 4000.00 yards
  • 02m 06s /100 yards

So this just felt like it took FOREVER. Felt really slow. I was very motivated to get it finished, but MAN ALIVE did it seem to drag on forever. Was supposed to be 4200, cut it 200 short. I just couldn't swim another 500. No. No. No.

Did this at the Minneapolis YMCA. Go me.

10:10 AM: Trudy always tells me I have to be a willow, not an oak. So, to that end, I am not going to allow last minute weird travel to disrupt my workout schedule! I have located a YMCA that is walking distance to the hotel at which I am staying. The YMCA has lap swim ALL DAY LONG and for $10 I can drop in and do my thing. So today, after I fly to MN, I will get my shit together and do my long swim. Then I will treat myself to a nice dinner on the Company.

Then tomorrow maybe squeeze in the short walk? We'll see how this mediation goes. Starts at 9, hopefully it's a failure and over soon. I don't have much money to work with, and we are all going to be pointing the finger at a deep pockets defendant with a very large self insured retention... so I really don't see this going anyplace. We shall see.

I'm trying! I'm trying!

Short Walk

Short Swim
Med Walk 
Long Swim (4000-4200) ←

Run
  • 1h 02m 02s
  • 4.13 miles
  • 15m 01s /Mi

Wow. My legs were just not into this! Some L hip pain. Weird. This whole thing felt weird. My *neck* hurt!?!?

It's in the books. Strange as it was.

Short Walk 

Short Swim
Med Walk 
Med Bike (25-30? Maybe Tuesday night with the Millrace crowd)
Long Swim (4000-4200) 

WHAT AM I MISSING? Seems like there's something missing?

3:57 PM: Surprise! Guess who has 2 thumbs and is going to Minneapolis TOMORROW for a mediation that was supposed to be phone in only?

(Me. That would be me)  Going to do a walk when I get there. Med Walk. Will do the short walk tonight. Or maybe vice versa. I don't really want to have to find 5 miles of walking paths in some other state. Maybe I just do the med walk tonight here at home. I have to test out my new shoes anyway. (Yes. I bought new shoes)

Here is your QUOTE FOR TODAY:

"Worrying that you are crap is a waste of time. Worrying that you can't do it is a waste of time. Worrying that you failed is a waste of time. No one cares. Just get on with it" -- Peter Capaldi.

So on we go! 

Bike
  • 1h 17m 29s
  • 21.20 miles
  • 16.42 Mi/hr

Easy bike ride with Trudy and Scotty.

On Peter Sagan.

OK, now I am done exercising.

Phew.

Swim
  • 1h 00m 48s
  • 3225.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

OHSOSLOW swimmy around 3 Oaks in the Crystal lake AQUATHON. I'm bad at siting. The buoys were pretty small and although the Garmin file seems to indicate I went in a mostly straight line, I felt like I was all over the place. No wetsuit.

Slow for me. Also very tired and feeling a lot of fatigue.

Swim ^^^

Bike ^^^

I somehow got 3rd in my age group. There must have only been 3 people. Don't know. Don't care. I will enjoy a beer tonight in my new pint glass. 

Long Swim #1 (3000-3500)
Med Swim #2 (2500-2700)
Long Bike (LG lake loops x2)
Long Run (2.5 - 3? hours Thursday)
Short Run (3.6 mile route)
Short Bike (15-20 miles) 
OWS/Bike (Sunday)
Rest

Bike
  • 6h 20m 38s
  • 102.39 miles
  • 16.14 Mi/hr

Up to Lake Geneva, around 2x and back down Rose Farm road. Very goal oriented. Not much chatting or stopping. Really just banged this out.

Oh so much climbing. I don't know how I forget that Lake Geneva is hilly. This is specifically why we ride it to prepare for IMWI. But ZOMG.

We did a decent job today. Am happy with this ride.

So after that long ass ride, we get to go to a birthday party tonight! I hope I can stay awake. 

We lasted til about 8:30 PM. Heroic. 

Long Swim #1 (3000-3500)

Med Swim #2 (2500-2700)
Long Bike (LG lake loops x2)
Long Run (2.5 - 3? hours Thursday)
Short Run (3.6 mile route)
Short Bike (15-20 miles) 
OWS/Bike (Sunday)
Rest

Whizzzzz's Training Log

August 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat