Getting a new hot water heater tomorrow. I feel like I'm playing a game of "what will need to be replaced next?" with my house. I have literally replaced every major appliance since I moved in (fridge, dishwasher, washer, dryer, air conditioner, furnace, now hot water heater), re-done the yard including removal of 3 trees, resurfaced every counter top and tile surface, re-done more than half of the flooring, roof, deck, fence section, sunroom, porch, toilet, vanity, exterior paint, painted every wall, replaced every light fixture, replaced every plumbing fixture, replaced every window treatment... I'm at the end of my rope with the major house stuff. Please be done.

And apparently hot water heaters are not the $200-$300 everyone is telling me they are (maybe if you buy at Menard's and install yourself??? None of my friends are doing that though...). First estimate was $1,025, second was $900, third was $895 - then I called a guy my Dad said installed theirs for $600 many years ago and he quoted me $700. Better than $1K I suppose. 

Oklahoma City day for work, left at 7 a.m. and got home at 8 p.m. Good stuff, just tired.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 15m

Walk with Bentley

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 1h 01m

Treadmill for steps

Yesterday after work, my vehicle wouldn't start for the first few tries. When it did, it lurched and a bazillion lights came on, blinking for me to service the transmission and the brakes and all sort of stuff. So I drove straight to the dealership not a happy girl. They were perplexed and said they would look at it this week and gave me a loaner vehicle. At home, I looked at the paperwork I signed and I hope they don't really think they're going to charge me $35 for this "rental" car when the 2017 vehicle I purchased and financed through them less than five months ago won't function. Seriously. 

The guy thought it was "just" a computer issue, not actually the transmission or slew of other warning lights that came on, but I told him this was not good and did not give me any confidence in the vehicle or the company. It has 2K miles on it 

Dealership called this morning and it was a software update that Chrysler had put out recently. Not sure how I, as the consumer, am to know about these so I will ask when I pick up the car tonight. Ugh.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 15m

Walking Bentley after work - super nice evening.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 54m

For steps on the treadmill. Watched the latest episode of the Kardashians. I loosely follow Khloe and Kourtney on social media because I love to see their personal trainer workouts, but don't watch the show very often. I was interested in this one though, because it was on Kim's robbery in Paris. It was fascinating to see someone who is typically portrayed with "first world problems" to the max - recount a life changing experience. So interesting to me.

Lots of home wins over the weekend. I found my bedroom paint and touched up the sealed cracks. Went to Sherwin Williams and bought some more living room paint, touched up drywall repair. Also at the paint store I color matched the kitchen paint and re-painted the RED dining room the kitchen neutral. One coat Saturday, another Sunday. Went to Home Depot for lamps, light bulbs, house plants and mulch. Laid mulch in four different areas front and back. Rearranged living room furniture. Put together new tabletop lamps. Changed out low light bulbs in the office (not sure I love the LED blue lighting but I'm going to live with it for a bit, it's definitely brighter). Did laundry, grocery shopped, watered grass seed. Watched my team win it's first game and lose it's second 

Noticed my hot water heater is leaking a little bit so need to get that fixed or replaced this week. I feel like just as I get a good chunk of my list gone, something else pops up. But I'm determined to make this house as sell-able as I can.

Sport
  • Home Improvement
  • 1h 00m

Sport #1
  • Home Improvement
  • 2h 00m
Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 15m

lisac957's Training Log

March 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat