Run #1
  • 12m 36s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 12m 35s /Mi

Accidentally hit the cool down button so had to re-start the treadmill.

Run #2
  • 37m 29s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 12m 29s /Mi

Sport #1
  • Foam Rolling
  • 05m
Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 23m

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 20.90 miles
  • 16.72 Mi/hr

Trainer Road free ride. Just a steady spin.

Run
  • 2h 34m 20s
  • 12.01 miles
  • 12m 51s /Mi

I was excited about the temperature being in the 50s, but man this was just not my run. Not hungry or anything, but just felt like everything was uphill and in slow motion the entire time. My quads and knees were shockingly tight, tired and sore from the very first step, despite 2 ibuprofen before and one during. I also got really cold when the sun started to go down. Hopefully next week's long run will feel better.

Just looked at this runs elevation. Good training for the hilly Chatt run I suppose, but holy moly.

Despite my little food boredom rant yesterday, today was weigh-in day (don't come at me, purist Whole30ers! haha) and I'm down 1.7 pounds from last Friday. I am TOTALLY willing to be bored with food for those results! Down 9 pounds since Thanksgiving. I don't know if it's the grain, dairy or soy elimination that my body is so happy with, but I'm willing to be it's (non gluten) grains or dairy (I never ate much soy except tofu maybe once a month). Or both. I'll find out when I reintroduce next month!

Rest day in prep for a 12-mile run tomorrow.

Run
  • 1h 14m 46s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 12m 27s /Mi

Felt pretty good tonight! Had an rx bar right before and told myself if I ate the whole bar, I had to run 6 instead of 5 miles. DONE. My hair was absolutely drenched in sweat after this. From root to tip. My high sweat rate when running never ceases to amaze me.

Back in the office, but the building didn't "open" until 10 a.m., and they were encouraging employees to wait till then to come in. Such a strange winter for ATL I guess... colder than Anchorage, Alaska, and more snow than Denver for the season. Definitely ready for the 60 degree weather that's coming this weekend.

Slightly bored with my Whole30 food choices lately. I've been trying to find new recipes, which is helping, but still having fierce pizza cravings. I made a white chicken chili bake last night (started with crockpot salsa chicken as the base), thinking it would be more like a casserole. But it was like a bland version of the chili I've made before, just served out of a casserole dish. Choked down a serving for lunch today, but will probably throw the rest out. Getting an immersion blender tonight, so eyeing a savory potato leek soup in a few days. The good news is that I continue to lose weight, so not all is lost. I just want a dang pizza.

Run
  • 1h 03m
  • 4.00 miles
  • -----

Ran some of this, but was on my home treadmill so ugh.

Another snow day in Atlanta - I got probably two inches at my house overnight. I tried to get to work this morning, but I quite literally could not get out of my neighborhood. I whine a lot about running those hills, and feel mildly validated by seeing four cars stuck on the first hill this morning. It's legit steep! I tried to get up myself, but without 4x4 it was impossible. I backed up and luckily made it back to my house - I was worried for a minute I wasn't even going to be able to do that.

So, working from home today. First time I've done that with this company. People on my larger team do it ALL THE TIME, and apparently it's approved for once a week in my department. I rarely see my direct peers or boss doing it though, and I try to take my cues from them. But today it was not an option.

lisac957's Training Log

January 2018 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • Georgia Marathon (Run)
    3/18/2018 Atlanta, Georgia