Run
  • 1h 12m 59s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 12m 09s /Mi

Bad headache and snotty. Watched the WSU game on tv and felt bad about not going to it with my mom.

Very slowly starting to feel a teeeeeeny bit better. Looking at the weather forecast, it looks like I will be indoors for 26 miles this weekend. Sounds kind of daunting, but I did 24 miles indoors last weekend and it was fine. Not ideal, but fine. I can't decide if I should get hyped up about this impending ice storm, but I even have a work call this afternoon to talk through potential business impacts, so it sounds like it's a good probability. 

Another step in my 2017 - year of effort - to save money journey. Sent the email to discontinue my wine club membership from the lovely winery I visited in Sonoma last year. SUPER SAD FACE as their Red Dirt Red is the best wine at the best price I've ever had, and it's only available to wine club members. In the grand scheme though, definitely a no-brainer when it comes to unnecessary expenses. Good girl  I will learn to be happy with $8 pinot noir from the corner liquor store 

• Health data: Sick: 2
Run
  • 47m 23s
  • 4.03 miles
  • 11m 46s /Mi

OUTSIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE and this totally turned my day around. 55 degrees and I felt so good being outdoors. Definitely needed this fresh air and movement. I had half a mind to get the 5- or 6-miler in, but then remembered I'm sick so should ease into this. Got some amazing snot rockets out of my system LOL!

Photo below is of my favorite vantage on my running route. Facing west, so I always see a different colored sunset. Plus just beyond this point I enter the last mile till home. Love.

I felt horrible last night - I could barely watch the Bachelor! (ha) - still feeling awful today. Trudging through. Trudging through. I'll see how an easy run feels tonight, it would be a shame to miss out on 60-degree temps after work. 

• Health data: Sick: 3

Sick today, sort of struggling. Medicating and caffeinating and keeping to myself. It's not enough to keep me bed-ridden but is not fun either. Just glad I got in my runs over the weekend.

• Health data: Sick: 4
Run
  • 1h 37m 29s
  • 8.00 miles
  • 12m 11s /Mi

Same temps as yesterday but 35-45 mph winds added in, so treadmill again. Another rough start. My mild cold got a little worse overnight and even though I slept 10 hours I still fell asleep hard on the couch right before this. Watched WSU win a basketball game then some other game. My grogginess came and went and I sweat a ton. But finished 24 miles in 24 hours and that is a great feeling.

• Health data: Sick: 3
Run #1
  • 2h 12m 29s
  • 11.00 miles
  • 12m 02s /Mi

Round 1. So cold outside today and I'm not feeling 100%. Kind of scared to attempt a run outdoors breathing in 20 degree air and risk being stranded feeling crappy so this was on the treadmill. Watched 2 episodes of Downton Abbey then some college basketball. Felt pretty comfortable the whole time.

Run #2
  • 1h 01m 17s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 12m 15s /Mi

Round 2. Rough getting started and for the first 3 miles. But I kept going and going and going, knowing I was getting closer with each step. In the last 2 miles I got somewhat of a second wind. Watching some basketball game and when there were really amazing plays I got these pointed bursts of energy like I was feeding off of them. Finished feeling way stronger than when I started.

Run
  • 49m 45s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 12m 26s /Mi

Let myself cut this a mile short. Not feeling so hot.

Feeling run down like I'm coming down with a cold, and so is my co-worker. In our 2-day meeting planning, our VP was visibly ill yet she still was in the room, breathing on us and using community craft supplies (YES SHE MADE US DO A CRAFT, ohmygoodness these team building things are getting out of control. Like glue sticks, glitter, pipe cleaners type of craft. LOL how old am I?!). Which is so ironic, because SHE is the complete germ-a-phobe and gets upset at us when we come around others visibly sick. Hoping it's super short-lived as I've got some major running to do in the next 7 (EEEEEK) weeks before the 55K.

Stopped by the public library branch near my house over lunch - I literally haven't been there since I was a child. Decided that for the 20 books I'm going to read in 2017 there's no way I'm going to purchase them - so the library it is! This branch is pretty run down, but we are slated to open a brand new library downtown this year (I think?) so that should be nice. Got a new card and an intro to how it all works, and checked out my first book. EFFORT! 

Run
  • 1h 12m 39s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 12m 06s /Mi

Treadmill after work, and after having to lay down for an hour. This afternoon I got a wicked headache and hangry tummy. I'm sure it's just the sudden, crazy cold air, but it sucked. Sort of shocked that I felt so good on the treadmill, absolutely zero knee pain - so that was a nice surprise.

lisac957's Training Log

January 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals