• -----

8 X 25 drill
7 X 50 @ :45
6 X 75 (fly, back, breast)
5 X 100 @ 1:30
4 X 150 (100 free, 50 back)
3 X 200 (pull, kick, pull)
100 CD

Tired this morning. The work meeting was really, really good, but exhausting. It was wonderful that my work team had the meeting in San Diego. It was extra work for me to help with the logistics, food, agenda, etc, but good. Although work can be high pressure and stressful, I feel like a valuable member of the team and am recognized for my efforts. This goes such a long way!!!!!

I skipped my interval run that was to be done after the swim. Behind on work and was not feeling it. Doc appointment and grocery shopping later today. Of course now the area is starting to heal again - I am keeping the appointment.

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 23.07 miles
  • 15.38 Mi/hr

Trainer

Strength
  • 15m

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 3200.00 yards
  • -----

4 X 500
2 X (200 kick, 200 pull, 100 back)
200 CD

Totally frustrated I was not able to see the derm until Friday. I am going to express my frustration to them.....after they take care of me. The area is not any worse. I think using the Rx cream has been helping. It is still not good. I went ahead and swam this morning. Probably not the best idea, but at this point what else can happen?!?!

In La Jolla all day for meeting with 15 co-workers at Merck. Volunteer activity with co-workers from 6-8pm. Going to be a long day.

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 31.18 miles
  • 15.59 Mi/hr

trainer

Run
  • 1h 17m
  • 8.35 miles
  • 09m 13s /Mi

Afternoon run along the coast.

Derm was not able to get me in for an appointment today. I have an appointment on Friday. It doesn't seem to be any worse. Will be in meetings at Merck all day tomorrow and Thursday.

Bike
  • 3h 51m
  • 62.00 miles
  • 16.10 Mi/hr

North through Camp Pendleton and back.

Run
  • 38m
  • 4.30 miles
  • 08m 50s /Mi

Solo brick run.

Strength
  • 20m

Before biking.

Was up early and started putting on my swimsuit when I realized I probably shouldn't swim until I see the doc about the open incision. UGH! I am calling at 8:00 when the office opens and hoping I can get an appointment this afternoon. Biking at 8:00 - after the phone call.

This is going to be a busy week. My neuro team of fellow Clinical Operation Managers (COM) and Clinical Research Managers (CRM) have a face 2 face meeting. There will be 15 of us plus our Director. I am so happy I don't have to travel! We are meeting at the Merck location here in La Jolla. Only a 20 minute drive for me. I declined a hotel room as I would rather sleep in my own bed. Everyone arrives Tuesday afternoon/evening. Meeting starts Wednesday morning at 8:00. We go until 5:00. Lunch break will be at an outside location (Torrey Pines Gliderport). At 5:00 dinner is being brought in to us. We will eat and then depart for a volunteer activity - packing food for food distribution. This is from 6-8:00pm. It is going to be LONG day!! I did a lot of the planning for this meeting. Of course the Director had the final word and she insisted we do a volunteer activity in the evening despite it being such a busy day. It will be a productive meeting, but a long day. Thursday, the meeting is from 8:00am - 3:00pm. Everyone will leave either Thursday evening or Friday.

Of course the derm office was not open today. Biked with Jonathan. We stopped at 9:00 so I could call my primary care doc. Was only hold for 10 minutes and then they told me they were full, but would try to work me in and and would call me back. They called me back at 11:10 and asked if I could make an 11:45. No..... It is a 30 minute drive south from my place. I was about 1.5 hours north from my place on my bike. It seems to be feeling a bit better, so I am going to try again tomorrow. I was grumpy during the ride. Needed to keep stopping and waiting for Jonathan. Then, I got a flat about 20 minutes before we were going to turn around. I changed the flat and we turned around there. Jonathan was ready. Biked home. Did a brick run.

Bike #1
  • 1h 26m
  • 22.00 miles
  • 15.35 Mi/hr

Outside with Mike. We planned on biking the inland loop through Elfin Forest, but it started to rain. And it just kept raining. The weather aps were WRONG! We cut back over to the coast and came back home. We cleaned up the bikes, put on dry clothes, and then got on the trainer. Of course about an hour in, the sun came out. Oh well. I cut the ride on the trainer short, but I am okay with that.

Bike #2
  • 2h 00m
  • 31.20 miles
  • 15.60 Mi/hr

Trainer.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 05m

Walked to the library to exchange books and then walked around the neighborhood while chatting with Abbie on the phone.

Skipped the brick run. Plan on a walk later.

Calling doc tomorrow to get an appointment for the incision. It should not have opened again. It should not be itching, hot, red, and throbbing.

Run
  • 2h 48m
  • 17.75 miles
  • 09m 27s /Mi

Morning run along the coast. Felt good and happy during the run.

Rained yesterday afternoon and last night. Only a light mist this morning, but more rain expected for late morning. Decided to swap bike day for run day again this weekend.

I thought the skin cancer incision area was finally getting better, but it opened up again yesterday. It is also tender again. I have no idea what is going on! I think I am going to call the Derm on Monday and schedule an appointment.

amymengel's Training Log

February 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28    

Time
Distance
  • February's totals
  • January's totals