• 2h 00m
  • 30.60 miles
  • 15.30 Mi/hr

trainer

Swim
  • 42m
  • 2600.00 yards
  • -----

Ocean swim at La Jolla Shores. Big group of swimmers tonight. Nice water temp at 68 degrees and very little chop. A really nice evening swim.

Still bummed about not getting the condo. Need to move on and keep looking. Keep an open mind.
Leaving for Chicago tomorrow morning for a work trip.

Run
  • 2h 48m
  • 13.10 miles
  • -----

Long Beach half marathon with Matthew. I paced a nine year old for his 3rd half and to a PR. :-) A fun morning.

I finally received an answer about the condo - I didn't get it. :-( The owner said there was a lot of competition for the place and it was a tough decision. I am bummed!!!! I have excellent credit and recently paid off my car. I have no debt and a decent job. Totally bummed. The place would have been perfect for me. I will have to start looking agin. The rent market here in San Diego is so competitive. Questions for myself.......How long do I keep looking in San Deigo? When to I decide that it is time to leave San Diego and move some place else. Do I go to DC to be close to my sister, or do I pick another location. I am now fortunate that I ca move anywhere since I now work remote. Lots to think about. Just still bummed.

Bike
  • 4h 20m
  • 67.00 miles
  • 15.46 Mi/hr

Rode along the coast south to get the Torre Pines hill. Then rode back north to Oceanside and out and back on the bike path.

Run
  • 42m
  • 4.60 miles
  • 09m 07s /Mi

Coast brick run.

Still no response to the email I sent yesterday about the condo. It is being rented by a private owner. I am going to call her this afternoon. Heading to Orange County later this afternoon. I am looking forward to pacing Matthew tomorrow at his half marathon.

Run
  • 1h 20m
  • 8.50 miles
  • 09m 24s /Mi

Morning coast run. It is now light between 5:15 and 5:30.

Bike
  • 2h 45m
  • 42.00 miles
  • 15.27 Mi/hr

Afternoon bike ride up the coast to Oceanside and then out and back on the bike path. On the road bike today.

As of this morning, still no news about the condo. I plan to call this afternoon if I don't hear anything. If I get it, I am taking it.

Worked the four - 9 hour days M-TH, so I will be done with work today by 11 or 11:30. Planning on an afternoon bike ride. Loving the summer schedule.

I am going to run a half marathon with a 9 year old on Sunday morning. Abbie's (BT's AbbieR) nephew wants to run his 3rd half. He ran one when he was 4 and one when he was 6. He has been training and is getting fast. Hope I can keep up with him and do a good job pacing him!!!! I am friends with the family. Abbie's brother, sis-in-law, and the two kids live in Orange County, just about an hour to 1.5 hours from me. I will go up to their house Saturday evening and then run with Matthew on Sunday morning in a local half marathon. I am so excited. Matthew is a great kid and I love hanging out with the family. Abbie won't be able to make it down from San Fran for the fun. :-(

Swim
  • 55m
  • 2750.00 yards
  • -----

8 X 25 drill
7 X 50
2 X 200 kick
2 X 200 pull
2 X 100 back
5 X 100
200 CD

Strength
  • 30m
Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

My hairdresser was running late, so I went on a walk until she was ready for my appointment.

Well, the condo for rent that I looked at yesterday is perfect for me. Just perfect! I was hoping to find some sort of flaw or some excuse of why I wouldn't take it, but there isn't any. I turned in my application. There were multiple people looking and the owner had multiple applications. It is a great unit at a great price. I should hear by the end of the week if I am offered the lease (1 year). I am still just sick about this, but I know that I MUST take it if it is offered. I must move. Just so sad. I didn't talk to Mike about it. I want to for sure have it before I tell him. Of course last night he was extra sweet and cuddly. I am still very much in love with him, but if he can't give me what I need to feel secure then it is not good to continue to stay. I am still on the verge of a panic attack. I am so shaky and nervous. Swim this morning was not great - too much anxiety. Hair appointment this evening.

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 19.85 miles
  • 15.88 Mi/hr

Trainer - evening ride. Trying to reduce my anxiety level.

Another meltdown with Mike again last night/this morning. So tired of this. We both still really love each other, so I am not sure why we are having such struggles. We went to a counselor for a little while. I found a condo listed for rent this morning and I am going to check it out this afternoon. This is really stressing me out. I like living with Mike. It is easy and our lives fit together. Why does this marriage issue have to be so important to me??? And why is he selfish? I am sure everyone is so tired of this drama - I know I am!!! I guess if this condo is nice, I need to take it. Good location and good price. It has a garage for the bikes, which is so hard to find here. I feel like I am going crazy.

No workouts this morning. I will need to swim tomorrow since I am getting my hair highlighted tomorrow night and won't swim Friday morning (Highlights and chlorine in 12 hours is not good).

amymengel's Training Log

June 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • Chula Vista Challenge (Triathlon)
    8/14/2016 Chula Vista, California