Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 23.60 miles
  • 15.73 Mi/hr

Trainer

Strength
  • 30m
Big discussion with Mike about marriage and future last night. Really - why did this conversation happen close to bed time?!?!? No sleep and now I am exhausted. :-( I am also grumpy because I still can't swim in the ocean today due to the incision.

Dropped the Trek off to the Trek shop for a pre-race check. It will soon be time for tribike transport pickup.

Run
  • 1h 35m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 09m 30s /Mi
Several big ocean swims this holiday weekend. I hated that I had to miss these! No able to get in the ocean due to the incision. I can't risk getting an infection. Still in some pain, but it is getting better. Stitches are scheduled to be removed on the 13th.

I took a 2 hour nap both yesterday and today. :-)

I guess I have made it to the start of taper for Canada. I don't feel that I have done enough or intense training to really deserve taper, but it is here so I will just go with it.

Bike
  • 1h 45m
  • 26.65 miles
  • 15.23 Mi/hr

Morning. Trainer. Easy spinning.
Didn't want to ride on the roads with all the holiday drivers headed to the beach.

Run
  • 1h 15m
  • 8.15 miles
  • 09m 12s /Mi

Late morning run along the coast.

Relaxing day just hanging out at home. Mike and I walked into town for dinner. We were able to see 4 different fireworks shows from our balcony.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.50 miles
  • 10m 54s /Mi

Brick run. Included lots of walking. Feeling miserable. :-( Ouch! Between the stitches and still a bit of left over coughing/wheezing from the asthma issue, I was a mess!

Bike
  • 7h 05m
  • 115.00 miles
  • 16.24 Mi/hr

Olympic training center and around Otay Lake. Did the 6 mile climb up Honey Springs. Painful. A long ride. Very hot and windy. The incision on my back was throbbing and I could feel the stitches pulling. Prob not the best idea to do this ride, but I was here and wanted to ride.

Minor surgery in the plastic surgeons office yesterday to remove the skin cancer on my lower back. Really painful this morning. I didn't take the prescription pain pills because I wanted to be able to function today. Holiday off work!!

OK - giving in to asthma. I went to sleep last night at 8:30 and slept until 6 this morning. All this extra work breathing was making me exhausted. Hoping this day of rest will help. I am also really tired since it is the last day on the extra medication. Tapering down always messes with my body. Rest today and then a fun weekend of training planned. Holiday - off work tomorrow.

I am at work until noon today and then going to the plastic surgeon for removal of the basal cell carcinoma skin cancer from my back. It is not going to be a fun day. :-( I will be just glad to have this taken care of.

I see IM Canada race now on the calendar. It is interesting how my attitude and training have changed over the past 3 years. I am now much more relaxed about training and train for fun. I am not doing nearly enough volume or intensity to do another sub 11, or even an 11 hour ironman, but I am having fun. I used to worry and think about ironman and training all the time! Now, it is just something I do because it is fun and I like it. I enjoy training with friends and being social. I also enjoy training on my own for fun. It is nice to not put all the pressure on myself. I used to really beat myself up, stress, and worry about training and racing. It is good to be in a place where I am really just doing this for fun. I am very aware that I will not have a fast race since I am not training for a fast race, and I am ok with this. WOW - I have changed. LOL. I think I am finally finding balance in myself and in my life.
Run
  • 52m
  • 5.30 miles
  • 09m 48s /Mi

Lunch run

And I skipped the morning swim again...... Still dealing with asthma, but I could/should have swam. The pool is outside, so the chemicals are not too bad. I am just so tired. It takes a lot of extra effort and energy to do anything when breathing is restricted.

Bike
  • 1h 45m
  • 27.70 miles
  • 15.83 Mi/hr

Trainer

Run
  • 38m
  • 3.85 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

Hill lunch run with co-worker. Still coughing and wheezing. Getting a little nervous since I am tapering off the additional medication and I am still having problems. I have 2 more days on the extra medication. Usually by this point in the cycle I am doing better than I am currently am. Frustrating. I am doing what I can.

amymengel's Training Log

July 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals