Run
  • 30m
  • 3.50 miles
  • 08m 34s /Mi

Treadmill at Y. Ate half a Clif Bar immediately after taking my antibiotic. No issues this morning. :-)

Strength
  • 25m

Still keeping it light and easy.

Doing much better. Still tender and red, but I am no longer having throbbing pain.

Plans this evening for an easy run and then dinner with Jonathan.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.62 miles
  • 09m 03s /Mi

Late lunch run along the coast. Felt good.

Bike #1
  • 30m
  • 8.18 miles
  • 16.36 Mi/hr

I was up and in the bike by 4:20 this morning. I started feeling very sick about 20-25 minutes into the ride. I am guessing this may be due to the antibiotic I took on an empty stomach about 10 minutes before starting the workout. I got off the bike and laid in the bathroom floor for about an hour before feeling well enough to get up and eat something. Feeling better since I ate the Clif Bar. Just not a great way to start the morning. Of course I have a 7:00 meeting today.

Bike #2
  • 1h 30m
  • 23.35 miles
  • 15.57 Mi/hr

trainer - evening ride to finish my workout from this morning.

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 31.30 miles
  • 15.65 Mi/hr

Trainer - lunch

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

Early evening beach walk.

Nothing this morning. I took some pain medication last night and was still tired at 4:00 this morning. Slept in until 6:00. Plan on taking a long lunch today and getting in a trainer ride. So glad I went to urgent care. I am already starting to feel better.

Run
  • 2h 30m
  • 16.25 miles
  • 09m 13s /Mi

Morning run along the coast.

Went to urgent care late morning. The incision was infected. Red, hot, tender, throbbing, and puffy. Very painful during my run today. The doc removed the sutures, cleaned it up, and cultured for MRSA. I have had it in the past. On strong antibiotics and pain medication that will help me sleep tonight. So glad I finally took care of this. I should have called the dermatologist office earlier this week when things were looking/feeling bad.

Bike
  • 3h 12m
  • 49.00 miles
  • 15.31 Mi/hr

Biked down to Del Mar to meet Jay & his friend (Bruen). Rode the inland loop and Elfin Forest. Lots of good climbing. Bruen had 2 flat tires so we had a couple of unplanned stops. A good ride. Felt good to get outside. My incision is still sore, but whatever. It actually looks red and puffy - perhaps an infection? In the past, I was given an antibiotic when I had skin cancer surgery. Surprised the new derm did not give me a Rx. Stitches come out Thursday.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

Afternoon beach walk.

Walked into town this evening for Fish Tacos - yummy!

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.45 miles
  • 09m 18s /Mi

Treadmill at Y.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.86 miles
  • 15.86 Mi/hr

Trainer - late lunch ride.

I was in bed and asleep a little before 8:00 last night. So tired!

Happy Friday! Hoping for a less crazy day at work today. Looking forward to the weekend.

Nothing! Was up at 4:00 and then went back to sleep until 6:00. I have been drained from work these past few days and my incision started throbbing and was really itching last night. I guess I need a rest day. Will hit Target and grocery stores after work today. San Diego is still getting rain - so unusual. I am over it! I didn't move here for rain. LOL!

amymengel's Training Log

January 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • January's totals
  • December's totals