Bike
  • 6h 02m
  • 84.00 miles
  • 13.92 Mi/hr

2 loops of the Great Western Loop! 8,400 feet of climbing. With Mike, Jonathan, and my friend Perry (from Cincinnati- in San Diego this week for work trip). Lots of climbing!!!

Run
  • 2h 46m
  • 17.25 miles
  • 09m 37s /Mi

Circled back and ran the last 3 with mike at his pace.

Chilly and rain showers today. Decided to run today and ride tomorrow. I am still very tired. Been a long past few weeks and adjusting to pacific time zone

Travel back to San Diego. Little disappointed in mike when I got back. He picked me up at the airport and dropped me off at our place. I was hungry and wanted to go to lunch, but he had lunch plans with some people at work. The place was clean, but nothing special. I guess I wanted flowers or something. Maybe I expect too much. Not much food in the place, so I unpacked and then went grocery shopping. Did some other errands and then put my bike together. Nothing special for dinner. I was too tied to cook. We finally ordered pizza at 7. ate and then went to sleep.

Missing home-Ohio.
Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 32.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

Trainer.

Strength
  • 20m
All packed. Bike is also boxed. Still kind of dreading leaving tomorrow. Mom will be in the hospital until at least Monday. She has a feeding tube and will likely be going home with it. She is on oxygen and we are working on breathing exercises so hopefully she will not need this at home. I am spending as much time with her today as I can.

Swim
  • 1h 10m
  • 3300.00 yards
  • -----

8 X 50 (25 drill, 25 swim)
4 X 50 @:45 fast
8 X 75 (pull, IM, kick, swim....)
200 kick
pull
200 CD

Run
  • 45m
  • 4.72 miles
  • 09m 32s /Mi

Treadmill after swim. Really not feeling this. So worried about my mom.

Mom was readmitted to the hospital lat night. She had a fever of 104.2 and was very lethargic. They did lots of tests last night and early this morning. She has fluid on her lungs - which has been drained and the graft they used for the superior mesenteric vein connecting her liver is still blocked. They did the secondary surgical procedure for this and placed a stent, but I guess it is still blocked. She is tired and weak. I hate that she is back, but am glad she is here so they can make sure she is okay. Another long day at the hospital.

Run
  • 32m
  • 3.60 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi

Brick run in the neighborhood.

Bike
  • 3h 00m
  • 48.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

Trainer

Really need to work with my mom to eat more and move more. The surgeon wants her to be more active and she must start consuming more calories. She has this amazing opportunity to actually beat pancreatic cancer. She survived a Whipple procedure and an additional surgery due to a complication. She cannot stop fighting now! She has to get built up and then have a final round of chemo. We all had a stern talk with her yesterday reminding her that she needs to keep fighting and keep pushing. She is close to the finish line - don't give up now.

I wish I could stay in Cincinnati longer. :-( Really not ready to leave.
My sister and her 2 daughters are here. So good to spend time with them. This should be really good for my mom. It is all about the grandchildren.

amymengel's Training Log

April 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals