Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Run
  • 28m
  • 2.15 miles
  • 13m 01s /Mi

Coach thought my leg issues might be from fatigue, after a week off from running, the workout was 5 minute run/2 minute walk. It felt good to get out and move. Corn pollen is hanging like a fog in the air, not the best air quality

Bike
  • 50m
  • 13.00 miles
  • 15.60 Mi/hr

Zwift

In 2011, my friend Mary and I did our first 70.3 distance --- Racine. Pics from that day have been popping up on my Facebook feed. What an amazing experience that was, and it was my first "big" triathlon.

This past weekend were two significant half iron races --- Racine and Door County. The swim at Door County was shortened significantly and cancelled at Racine due to dangerous lake conditions. I was kind of looking forward to reading some race reports about these two events to see how people coped, how they felt about the shortened swim, etc. So it was a disappointment to see no race reports for either race in the BT RR section. A couple of reports for the sprint distances, nothing for the half.

Today's going to be a nasty day weatherwise, I think the heat index is supposed to be around 104. I've got what I called my "heat migraine", a dull headache that doesn't respond to anything OTC.

Strength
  • 20m

Ten squats
Twenty crunches
Ten jumping jacks
Ten push- ups
Twenty-five lunges
Thirty-five sit-ups
Forty-five-second wall-sit
Thirty seconds plank
Twenty butt-kicks

Overslept this morning and didn't get up for my planned run. Must have needed the sleep.

Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 16.30 miles
  • 15.77 Mi/hr

Zwift

Steve got home early evening. He must have followed the line of storms that came through this area in the late afternoon. We really needed the rainfall and Mother Nature did not disappoint.

On the bike ride yesterday was a lady I've known for years. She has done an IM distance and is quite athletically gifted. She's been doing Crossfit for the past 3 years and actually won some kind of national contest. But man she is huge. Not a lot of definition to her arms and legs, just massive. I know a lot of how a person responds to exercise is determined by genetics so not everyone would bulk up like that, but I've seen other women who also got enormous doing CF.

Bike
  • 3h 30m
  • 50.00 miles
  • 14.29 Mi/hr

Tour De Corn. Looked like it was going to rain early on, which would be welcome since it's so dry, but that burned off and we had pretty good weather. Got hot toward the end. I didn't follow the exact route but did some short cuts through the country since I had the gravel bike and kept reconnecting with my friends.

Strength
  • 20m

Runner Mobility Stuff

face painting went great. Fortunately another volunteer helped me out, as we had a mob of little triathlete kids. Last year was the height of the Pokemon Go season (seems so long ago now) and I was doing lots of Pichachu (sp?) and other assorted Pokemon. This year was easier, most popular were sharks (there's a swim team called the Sharks), dolphins, and stars. We painted for three hours!

By mid afternoon I realized that I had not heard from Steve on his Colorado ride. He had guestimated it would take him and Larry between 4 and 5 hours to do the climb. I got online and found the results and they did the ride in 5:16. He finally called a little later and had just gotten back to the hotel and was going to change and go down to the post-race activities at a local brewery in Idaho Springs. Said that Larry was having some stomach issues and was having to stop very frequently. The last 10 miles were really rough, but they finished and were pretty excited. I don't think the Mt. Evans Ride is on my bucket list, I like my oxygen!

Today is our local bike shop's Tour De Corn. Going to meet the tri girls but am taking my gravel bike and doing an alternate route through the country. Most of the scenic roads in that area have been recently rocked and the route just follows the bread-and-butter blacktop roads. Best part of this ride? The LBS owner makes a huge batch of monster cookies every year. And his mom contributes Italian Beef sandwiches and watermelon afterwards.

abake's Training Log

July 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals