Monday and Tuesday are nothing but meetings, meetings, meetings. It takes me out of production for a while, so maybe this will be a good thing.
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 25.00 miles
  • 16.67 Mi/hr

Zwift FTP builder, week 2, workout 4 - Tempo

I'm getting better at meal planning and doing the "big" grocery shopping just once a week as opposed to running to the store several times a week. Got that out of the way early on Saturday, before the stores got crowded, and made up a big pot of Panera-copycat turkey chili in the crockpot. I went a little easier on the crushed red pepper this time and it turned out pretty good.

We went to a 60th birthday party last night for a set of twins that Steve went to high school with. They have a big family with lots of grandkids. It was cool to see everyone.

Run
  • 35m 38s
  • 2.58 miles
  • 13m 48s /Mi

Jog/walked around through town

Bike #1
  • 53m 53s
  • 12.90 miles
  • 14.36 Mi/hr

Zwift ftp Builder, Week 2, Workout 3

Bike #2
  • 3h 02m
  • 34.12 miles
  • 11.25 Mi/hr

Gravel/back roads ride with Steve, Steve S, Mike E and Chuck. Chuck is also doing DK 200 and has done the ride twice, so I picked his brain mercilessly about small details.

Had a pretty good PT session yesterday that utilized TRX for stretching and then elastic bands. I'm pretty sore today. I think what she showed me would be good general shoulder strengthening, as they work both shoulders equally. If I feel motivated I may continue with them even after being healed.

Ordered two new phones yesterday after much back-and-forth on what to get. In the end I ordered Samsung Galaxy S8s for myself and Erin since that seemed the easiest to get up to speed with. We have older Galaxies. Mine has been acting wonky for a couple of months and her phone definitely needs replacement. It kind of ticks me off how expensive these phones are.

Today is a short run, grocery shopping, and an OUTDOOR RIDE. Woo!!!

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 00m

Jessica added a lot of work with those elastic band things. I don't have very strong shoulders to begin with, very sore later in the day

Had to work a bit late, got home and was tired. vegged in front of the TV and felt good to do so.

Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 14.52 Mi/hr

Zwift FTP Builder, Week 2, Day 2

Work is pretty intense this week, with lots of deadlines and then fires popping up here and there. A coworker just went home after puking in the bathroom -- hopefully it's something that she ate and not another round of virus.

Bike
  • -----
  • 21.00 miles
  • -----

Womens SRAM ride on Zwift. Had an issue where Zwift either crashed or my computer overheated and lost all my data

Bike
  • 58m
  • 13.00 miles
  • 13.45 Mi/hr

Zwift FTP builder, Week 2, Day 1

abake's Training Log

January 2018 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27