Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 17.14 Mi/hr

Zwift FTP Builder, Week 6, Day 1

Another week of heavy workload at the office. I'm going to take a longish lunch and do the "big" grocery shopping to avoid the after-work crowds. Have a Zwift ride on tap for tonight. Coach reminded me that this is the last week of the FTP builder program and then we go back to more "standard" workouts. It will be interesting to retest and see if my FTP improved.

Strength

Little bit of plyo and then some squats and other misc. weight work

Vacation was short but enjoyable. Spent Thursday night in Fort Lauderdale at the Riverside hotel, which is right on the river. Saw a lot of beautiful high dollar boats. Friday we drove up to the Hutchinson Island and stayed with Steve's aunt and uncle for two nights. Not a really active vacation but it was good to get out in the sun. The weather was gorgeous. We went for a farmers market on Saturday morning and it was so nice to just walk around outside.
Sunday travel back home seemed to take forever. Had a two hour drive back to Fort Lauderdale (couldn't find any good flights at a closer airport) and then there was a half hour delay on our flight. Got into St. Louis at 3 PM and then had the long drive back to Springfield. Back to work today.

Run
  • 26m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 13m /Mi

Treadmill at the condo fitness center

Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Jogged and walked around the riverwalk

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 7.50 Mi/hr

Guessing on the distance. Rented beach cruisers and rode around Fort Lauderdale, up to the beach and back

Have a great weekend, everyone, will get caught up on inspires when I get back

I'm thinking ahead to the long training rides that will be starting up in the next few weeks. Found a website where you can draw a radius around a point, and drew a 30-mile radius around Chatham, then made a note of the towns at the perimeter of that circle. On long rides we like to stop at Caseys since they are pretty consistent in terms of food that be bought (love their pizza!) and cleanliness of bathroom facilities. They usually don't mind if you refill your water bottles either. It's been hit or miss with the non-chain places.

So I'm thinking long rides that alternate in n/s/e/w directions from home. The longest rides will be in May, topping out at 150 miles.

I'm working until noon today, then have some shopping to do, then home to pack and get things in order. Realized that none of my jeans fit anymore (a good problem to have, but a problem nonetheless) and the only swimsuits I have that fit are my faded out Speedos. Wish me luck finding something!

abake's Training Log

February 2018 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28   

Time
Distance
  • February's totals
  • January's totals