White Lake Fall International Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 09, 2017
1247 Nc Highway 53 E.,
Elizabethtown, North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Distances: Swim (1500.00 meters) Bike (45.00 kms) Run (10.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2704
- Contact email:
- Description: White Lake is one of the finest lakes you will ever have the pleasure to swim in - a perfect oval, two miles long and one mile across. The lake, which is fed by subterranean springs, is crystal clear with a sand bottom - about nine feet deep out in the very middle. Most mornings, White Lake is so perfectly flat; you would swear you were looking at a sheet of ice. This is an in-water start with participants lining up with the end of the two piers/docks at the NCFFA Center. The swim course is a triangular shaped course. Participants exit the water at the end of the easternmost pier/dock and run about 300 yards to the transition area. Swim caps will be provided.
The water temperature at White Lake is usually very close to the USAT threshold temperature of 78 degrees.
The 45K bike course is a one loop design. It is a very fast, flat course. Absolutely the fastest International bike course in North Carolina. Part of this course is the same as the White Lake Half held in May.
The 10K run is an out & back course. The course is flat and fast.
Members who are scheduled to race: