Portofino Tri Series - Race #6: - 2017 CANCELED
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 04, 2016
10 Portofino Drive,
Pensacola Beach, Florida
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Mini Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (300.00 yards) Bike (7.50 miles) Run (1.50 miles)
- Organization: Multisport Performance Institute
- Website: http://www.teammpi.com/events/event/portofino-tri-series
- Contact email: coaches@teamMPI.com
- Description: This is the fifth year of this series of triathlon races that will take place on six (6) days throughout the spring & summer at beautiful Portofino Island Resort on Pensacola Beach, FL. Four races will be Thursday nights at 6:30pm (a few will start at 6:15pm) while the remain two will be on Saturday mornings.
These races are "Super Sprint" triathlons, meaning they are shorter than a typical triathlon "Sprint" race. They are also official USA Triathlon Sanctioned Events.
The Portofino Tri Series presented by Infinity Bicycles is designed for all triathlon abilities - especially brand new athletes! There are no official awards and the max participants will be 70 athletes per event. There will be no "age" groups, and the swim start will consist of two wave starts: all males followed by all females three minutes afterwards. Wetsuits will only be permitted if water temp is 78 or colder. NEW this year is timing splits provided by Gulfsport Timing!
Members who are scheduled to race: armyhelo