Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

Jogged about 8 minutes with Leslie.
Run
  • 36m
  • 4.4 miles
  • 08m 11s  min/mile
What would you do differently?:

Pay attention to the map...maybe not listen to the volunteer and turn when I was supposed to????
Post race
Event comments:

They hand out maps at a race for a reason...so you don't take the wrong way...I turned my 3.1 run into I would guess a 4.4 mile run today. I took three loops and the actual race is just two loops...so I did not have the chance to break my previous PR time...and I have no one to blame but me....Steve even warned us beforehand NOT to do exactly what I did. Ugh. I asked - should I turn? And the lady said - "Go straight". The truth is I was supposed to turn, but it is the racer's responsibility to know the course...But that is okay - it was a good workout. No one to blame but me - like I said - they handed out maps. After I realized I was 1/2 through the third loop, I slowed down a tad, and asked someone handing out drinks "Should I be seeing you three times???" She said "No, uh oh, you missed the turn." Nothing I can do about it now. After that I slowed down a tad...checked my Ipod Nike thing - yep it is WAY WAY off because at this point it said 5 miles...ha ha ha...but after I was done, looking at the map...figuring out my own time...I made the best guess I could for my records. Oh, and when I passed the lady where I should have turned, but went straight for a third lap, she looked at me with big eyes...and knew (it wasn't a huge race, so I'm sure she recognized me)...but it's not her fault..I should have looked at the map, and remembered the street to turn onto after finishing 2 laps. I think after I realized I messed up I slowed down a tad, but then I decided to pick it up and finish. Live and Learn. Today was the day I was going to decide whether or not to do the 1/2 marathon too...maybe I shouldn't make that decision, because right now I feel like it's a big no...I mean good grief...I messed up on a 5K!

Last updated: 2007-12-30 12:00 AM
Running
00:36:00 | 04.4 miles | 08m 11s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Bad
Course: All of the distance and time is approximate, because I went the wrong way...and then stopped my watch late...nothing was going good for me at this race.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?