General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need Help on what pedals to get for my new bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-01-06 2:39 PM

Spokane
Subject: Need Help on what pedals to get for my new bike
I recently ordered a Cervelo P2c and need to get some pedals before it comes in. I don't know much about pedals though. I was looking at the Look KeO sprint, and also the Look KeO Carbon. Does the quality of pedal really matter or make a difference. Is there any other pedals that would be a good fit for this bike. Thank you for your time.

2008-01-06 4:02 PM
in reply to: #1137250

User image

Regular
Long Island
Subject: RE: Need Help on what pedals to get for my new bike
I just bought a team soloist and did a tone of research on all the pedals and narrowed it down to the Look Keo and the Speedplay Zero's. After reading everything and talking to a bunch of people and seeing waht everyone esle uses, I went with the speedplay zeros because of the float and weight and performance. I ahven't riden on them yet but that's what I chose from all my research. Same PRice too. JUst something to consider

Hinch45
2008-01-06 6:03 PM
in reply to: #1137250

User image

Elite
Armpit of Ontario
Subject: RE: Need Help on what pedals to get for my new bike

Any pedal would work on your bike; it's simply a matter of how much you want to spend and personal preference. Caviar or spam? Tastes differ from one rider to the next, but the good news is there's many threads on BT on this exact question; in fact, at least one thread per week! Do a search, including the 2007 Best of the Best polls.

Personally, I was a total newbie with SPD-compatable pedals (found them hard to clip in)switched to Speeplays (easy to clip in/out but too much float and cleats clog with dirt/grass) and settled on Crank Brother's Quattro Sl's, which solved all my problems.  

BTW, I'd prefer Spam over caviar 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need Help on what pedals to get for my new bike Rss Feed