BT Development Mentor Program Archives » left.right.repeat group -closed - Full of a bunch of winners...YEAH! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 240

2008-01-06 3:49 PM

Extreme Veteran
Subject: left.right.repeat group -closed - Full of a bunch of winners...YEAH!

sTRIve

2012 Finish Lines: 15

2011 Finish Lines:  61

2010 Finish Lines:  70 total

2009 Finish Lines:  46 total

2008 Finish lines: 53 total

Gary's team
Gary
Walker
Mav
Billy
swimmermama
FBP

John's team
John
Lena
MSUDan
LRR
Cardholic
AmyLeigh

2010 peeps

Here's the layout:  name - age - hometown - 2009 A Races - 2010 A Races

Bryan - 50 - San Antonio, TX - IMAZ, Houston Marathon - Texas Independence Relay, IMFL

Nancy - 34 - Fort Wayne, IN - Rev3 Cedar Point HalfRev

Gary - 48 - Saint Gabriel, LA - IMNO 70.3, Louisiana Tri (Sprint), Cajun man Sprint - 2010 A races

Handle..............Name.....Age....Hometown..............2008 distances.........................new to tri left.right.repeat...Bryan....48.....San Antonio, TX......1/2 marathon, mult. sprints,............no ...........................................................................Olympic and a Half Ironman Trimoot...............Paul...........................................Sprints, Olympic and HIM races........no jmpotts...............Michael...51.................................First Sprint.....................................yes Rand................................52.................................1/2 marathons, tris, marathon? darrens................Darren...44.....Kirkland, WA.........5k................................................yes Leston12...............Leston....42................................Olympic........................................yes mav.....................Marianne..49....Massachusetts.......5 sprints, Olympic, 10k...................no MSUDan................Dan........47.....Harrison Twp, MI...LTF Indoor, Sprint..........................yes rnihill....................Rhoda........................................4 mi run, 5k, Sprint.........................no flyntri....................Ron........39....Edmonds, WA.............................................................yes freddybeachpete...Pete.........47.....Fredericton, New......1/2 marathon, sprint, marathon?.....yes ...................................................Brunswick, Canada juanita_etheridge...Juanita.....52...................................sprint...........................................yes     My name is Bryan - aka left.right.repeat I am a 48 year old business person who is busy at work, was overstressed, overweight, oversedentary and overwhelmed last year at this time. Since March of 2007 I have lost 27 pounds completed 2 sprint triathlons, 2 indoor triathlons, one 50 mile organized bike tour, a couple of 5ks and a 10k. I do triathlon to save my life - more on that another time but suffice to say I am off all medication and healthier than I have ever been in my life. I am married with a daughter in college and the tuition to go with it. Current Training - I am currently training for the Austin half marathon in February and the upcoming triathlon season. I work out in the gym a lot as it gets hot in Texas. I am convinced that a combination of gym workouts and outside work well. 2008 plans: Half marathon, Olympic distance triathlon, one half Ironman, various other runs and duathlons. (I need something on the calendar to keep me focused). Weightloss - I want to drop that last 10-15 pounds. Okay, I could lose more but let's start there. Mentoring - I really never thought I would be doing triathlon - I used to watch those "nuts" on TV and thought they were just that - now, here I am. And you can be too. I am convinced that you - sitting there right now - if you commit, can complete ANY distance you pick. I am also convinced that I can help - mainly because I am going there with you. My username says it all - some days it is just left.right.repeat and it always gets us there. So there is my challenge to you, come join me and let's cross the finish line together.

Edited by left.right.repeat 2012-02-19 8:12 PM

2008-01-08 2:33 PM
in reply to: #1137328

User image

Spokane, WA
Subject: RE: left.right.repeat group - open
Hello Bryan,
My name is Paul and I go by the handle of TriMoot (last name is Mooter).
I'm a 53 yr old male and this is my 3rd yr doing Tri's. Mostly I've done Sprint's but have two Olympics' under my belt. I love this sport and have always been active. I've looked at all the remaining open groups and I'm thinking I might fit into this one the best.
I have always been active and for the past two years and been to the gym 4 to 5 times a week consistently, primarily to lift weights and strengthen my core, which has really helped my lower back, although I still have some issues.
Anywho…would love to join your group and work together to share experiences and help encourage everyone.
My goals this year is to continue to improve my sprint and olympic distance tri's and complete the year with a good showing in a Half Ironman.
Next year I'd like to continue the process by improving my Half Ironman times and again at the end of the season do an Ironman.
I also like doing different kinds of races. I like xterra type as well as just plain old strange ones like R2R (www.r2r.com), which includes 6 events!
So...I'd like to join your group!
Thanks.
2008-01-09 8:47 PM

User image

New user

Hey I think I may have found my group!
I'm a 51 yr guy that used to be in much better shape...last yr started riding again! Got up to 92 miles in one day last Sept and feel much stronger and lost some weight.
This yr I would like to get into good enough shape to do at least a small triathlon. It would be my first EVER!
I still bike, haven't seriously ran in yrs (decades...) and have never swam seriously though I can swim okay.

Do I have a chance?

Michael
2008-01-10 8:00 PM

Extreme Veteran
TriMoot....welcome aboard...you are absolutely in - in fact you should sign up as a mentor. I think we will have a great group as we are off to a good start. Your story and mine are close with plans and dreams about what comes next.

Again welcome aboard. We will get some more folks in and all of us will begin to work together as a team for everyone's benefit.

By the way, I am in San Antonio, TX - where are you?
2008-01-10 8:03 PM

Extreme Veteran
JMPOTTS....aka Michael
Welcome aboard....go get in the pool dude....you got it made!

We will all work together for success in this group. We will all cross the finish line together.

So as our group fills up, take a few minutes, think of your goals for the year and we will all share soon.
2008-01-10 8:05 PM

Extreme Veteran

Also, we should all begin to think of a name for our group. We should be the Tri Old Men or Old Farts or Old Persons who kick Young Persons ___.....well you get the idea.

We can have some fun with this.

2008-01-11 5:12 PM

I posted on another group, but they have not responded yet, so I am not sure if they are accepting more people.

I am a 52 yo male, married, psychologist.

Seven or eight years ago I quit smoking, went on the WW diet and dropped some weight (not as overweight as I am now), started working out. I completed several tris, all sprint because my swim needs considerable work, several half marathons, a marathon, and a 50 K ultra.

I was never extremely fast, during 10 mile and under races my I did about 8 - 9 minute miles. Biking has been my strong suite because I have biked my entire life, even as heavy as I am now I commuted to work (15 miles each way) last year at least two days a week, alas, too fat to ride my LeMonde for training, but I picked up a quite nice Trek FX commuting bike.

I gained a ton of weight over the past three and a half years, don;t really want to get into it but a number of really bad things happened, including a best friend committing suicide and leaving a message on my phone. My response seemed to be to consume massive amounts of food. never been this fat in my life prior to this.

At any rate, I have been regrouping for some time, after multiple failed attempts I have been sticking to my WW diet. I am training for a half marathon on Feb 24th. I have four hrs I just want to finish. I am using John Binghams half marathon plan. I have stuck to my workouts and diet, lost 30 + lbs in the past month and a half, need to lose at least 25 more prior to the half marathon. I am really heavy, about 330. I am tall, 6'3", and fairly muscular, large framed, I lhave been lifting weights intensely 2x a week. When I did the marathon and my wife said she could feel my ribs - I was about as thin as I think I can healthily get, I weighed 230 lbs.

I have taken martial arts my adult life, FMA for the past six or seven years, eskrima for most of it, switched to Inosanto blend Kali and pekiti tirj several months ago, took a break for three months to focus on dropping weight.

It is getting tough sticking to the diet, factoring in how much more I need to consume when I am running 2 hr plus runs for my Sun long run, without gaining weight.

I hope I can finish the half marathon in under four hours, I am currently averaging 18 mn miles on my long runs, like to increase my speed by at least 2 mn p mile by the race.

I would like to look at doing some tri's this year, another half marathon or two, some shorter races. Possibly a marathon later this year.

I really need to continue to lose weight, and desperately need help with adjusting the WW system to accomodate my exercise. I think I figured out how to do it, there is a calculator which tells me how many more points I earned based on my weight, length, and intensity of exercise.

I am very interested, let me know
2008-01-11 8:21 PM

Extreme Veteran
Rand,
Welcome aboard.

As far as the weight, it has to leave your body one ounce at a time. The same way it was acquired. WW is great. I would never be afraid to add fruit and veggies - they count points but they also add wholesome calories which will burn during the long exercise.

Remember a pound is 3500 calories. This is a little different from WW but it seemed to make sense to me. If my resting metabolism (this can be tested at a reputable gym, as the calculators on the net are not as accurate) is 2200 calories and I eat 2100 calories then in 35 days (100 calorie deficiency divided into 3500 calories) I would lose a pound. If I, in addition to eating 2100 calories, I burn 2800 total calories with exercise in a week, then (100*7 plus 2800) I lose a pound in a week. For some reason I had never understood this until 2007, now it makes a whole lot of sense and I look at donuts with a whole new appreciation. Maybe this will help you some too.

You half, to finish in 4 hours, would require 18:20 miles approximately. So, dude, let's celebrate - you are there pace wise. What has been your long distance run to date? I would venture that race day juju would get you that mile/minute. I would also say, force yourself to go slow in the first 6 miles...pace yourself and then the last three miles - well - go for it.
2008-01-11 8:27 PM

Extreme Veteran
OK...for all...

I will probably repeat this when we are totally full but it seems we are 4 strong big dudes who are motivated, positive, willing and able.

That is cool.

That said, have we all be to the doc to have a physical lately and verify they are okay with our fitness plan. (this is my disclaimer) As you all know, I am an amateur at this too and I want us all to be healthy, active and successful.

To create accountability and encourage one another I think we should share workouts - not to judge intensity or distance or time but to hold one another accountable. I am convinced that ANYONE can succeed. ANYONE. Yes, ANYONE.

Why not try to get one friend to join us on here. It will be great to have a training partner, friend to share with, and also, it is much easier to get out of bed and go workout when you know someone is waiting for you.

Thoughts?????
2008-01-12 12:41 AM

Hi, My name is Darren, age 44, live in Kirkland Washington. Anymore room in this group? I am tired of not living and it is time to start LIVING! My first 5K race tomorrow. I have been in the gym now for the last 8 days. My drill has been running on the tread mill for 10 minutes and walking for 5. oh, I am also 20 lbs overweight and need to lose it.
2008-01-12 3:58 PM

Extreme Veteran
darrens

WE LIVE HERE!!!

Join in....we can all lose a little more weight...we'll do it together.

So how did the 5k go?

Let the record show that I for one am not against walking. Jeff Galloway at www.jeffgalloway.com teaches that run/walk is the way to run until you are 100. I am running the Austin half-marathon in a few weeks and I have planned walks to manage my heart rate.

Welcome to the group...read the history and let's get to the finish line together.

2008-01-12 8:26 PM

User image

Veteran
Salt Lake City area
Hi Bryan,

I think this may be the group for me. I am 42, and have never done a triathlon before. Did a marathon at age 15, tried again a few years ago, but had knee problems. I have been biking (mtb mostly) for about 7 years. I have never swam very far in my life (may 200m max).

My 32-year-old brother talked me into doing an Olympic Tri this year (July). We are signed up, and I am starting to get REAL worried (especially about my swimming). But I am committed to it, and think it will be a blast. I really need help though because I don't know anything about how to train for a triathlon. And I also have some super-newbie questions like - what do you wear for the race?

I am 6 feet and 150 pounds, staying pretty active, but I am worried about doing the training properly so as not to injure myself. I have IT band problems off and on.

Anyway, I want to be in a group, and would love to be a part of the Oldsters group, because there is no way I'm going to let my little bro beat me!

If you still have room in your group, I would like to join. Let's do it!

Leston
2008-01-12 10:02 PM

Extreme Veteran
Leston,
Welcome aboard. I have to say I would feel the same way about my BIG brother beating me...haha! Actually I have agreed to do a relay with him this year - he will run, I will swim and bike. I want him to feel the elation as he crosses the line....nothing like it.

OK, back to you, an Olympic, aka International distance, or Oly (for the really cool kids) is a great distance. My first advice would be to do one or two sprints prior to July. Depending on where you live, this should not be hard to accomplish. I would also refrain from telling your little brother....what he doesn't know can't hurt him....hey, you were the one that was smart enough to show up here.

The sprints would get you used to open water or even if they were pool swims they would reduce your anxiety on race day. Anxiety = high heart rate = really really tired Leston.

As far as what to wear - whatever you have is the best answer for your first couple of events. If you want to drop a little cash, buy a pair of tri shorts. I like Desoto the best because of how they fit me. Zoot is also a good brand. Sizing on all things tri vary immensely. I wear a XL everything except in tri stuff...now sometimes I wear a large...ok get this, I wear a XL compression short and a Lg workout short made by the same company. So what that means is it is a little difficult to buy online the first time. If possible, depending on where you live, go to a tri store with plenty of time, try on every pair of tri shorts in Md, Lg and XL to see what works best. I know, XL seems ridiculous for 150 pound guy but just trust me here. You will wear a Md or Lg but the XL will amuse those of us watching....no, really, try on different brands until you find one that is comfortable. Absolutely no binding or scratching...remember you are going to cover 30 plus miles in these shorts and while they are wet you are going to grind them into a bike seat and then run with that little pad between your legs....comfort and fit is king. By the way, a tri short is like a long speedo jammer type swim trunk with a small chamois type pad (like a bike short only much thinner), they are heavier material than a trunk and are actually pretty comfortable. Shirt - well it really matters if the swim is wetsuit or not. If not, I swim in my tri shorts and then throw on a shirt in T1 (transition one). Some people swim in a tank style tri jersey but it is not necessary. If you shirt up a Tshirt is fine but a dri-fit style shirt is more comfortable and wicks the sweat away from your body. Sweaty cotton on the run leads to bloody nipples....yeah they hurt that bad. Gotta use bandaids or body glide or some protection there (some people are more sensitive here than others). By the way, that last tip is worth $1million...if it has ever happened to you, you would gladly have paid to know it in advance. Also, the sprint would give you a good idea what you will feel like during the Olympic distance event.

All that said, you can do it. I am sure. But you must execute - now - go get in the pool. If it is a 50 yard workout, so be it. Next time make it 62.5, then 75, etc. There is a site online that will get you to a mile of swimming in 30 days or something like that. I will look for the site. I would actually try to get to 6-8 x25 on the first workout...use as much recovery time between 25s as you need. Keep track of the rest time - we will work on reducing it. Here's the good news - you have 6 months to swim a mile...that's definitely doable.

Let's finish with a smile on our face wherever little brother finishes.....although deep down, we really want him behind us...smile.
2008-01-13 9:12 AM

Uxbridge
Hi Bryan,

I am a beginner and I think that your group would be good for me. I did 2 sprint triathlons last year. I am 49 years old and I never did a sport or any regular exercise in my life!. I quit smoking after 30 years on February 8 2006. I took up running... very slowly at first. I got injured last winter and had to cross train during my injury. I spent so much time on the bike and in the pool that I decided to try a triathlon. I did 2 sprint triathlons last summer and I am definately hooked! I live in Mass and training outside in the winter is rough at times.

I am a very slow runner 9:30 is my average.I like to run, but have resigned myself to the fact that I will probably never be a very fast runner. I spend a decent amount of time on my bike/trainer 5 hours/ week currently. I love to swim. I belong to a masters program and swim at least 3-5 miles/week.

My goals for this year are to loose 10 pounds ( I am 5'9"/ 150 pounds). Increase my long runs from 6 to 10 miles. Do one sprint each month from may through sept, and one olympic in July.I am very excited about trying the longer distance. I am running in a 10K race in Feb to celebrate my 2 year anniversary of not smoking.I ran it last year and came in 2nd for the athenas! It was my first race ever!!!

I could use the encouragement from a group. I also need more discipline in recording my workouts.I would really benifit from following a training program.

Could you use another in your group?
Thanks ,
Marianne
2008-01-13 3:31 PM

Extreme Veteran
Marianne,
You are definitely welcome. You have broken the gender barrier...thank you...now we have a voice of reason amongst all the boys.

Sounds like you have conquered a lot of demons.

As far as slow running - I am a specialist. I don't think I will ever be accused of speeding so welcome to that club too.

Sounds like a great race plan. Your workouts sound good. Just keep up the base training right now. We are almost to the season.

By the way to make you feel good about the weather - I rode outside yesterday (high was 70) and ran outside this morning in shorts and short sleeves (temp at that time - 55). Now THAT is why I live in TX.

Keep up the work - see you at the finish line,
Bryan
2008-01-13 4:33 PM

User image

Veteran
Bryan,

My name is Dan and I am interested in joining your group. I am a 46 year old businessman who had decided to to my 1st ever triathlon. My wife and I (and a few friends) are going to do the sprint tri in Chicago on August 24th. I have never attempted such a thing and haven't really trained for anything since High School.

My overall fitness is "average" as I joined a gym several years ago and have been regularly exercising 4 - 5 times a week, but can't seem to lose the weight that I would like (need)! My oldest daughter was married last September and I went on a strict diet/exercise program and lost 27 pounds. However, as soon as I stopped the strict diet, I put 15 of them back on! So I need to do something to sustain the weightloss/general fitness that I need - and the Chicago Triathlon seems to be perfect.

I am married with 3 children (23, 20 & 12). I do most of my training in the morning as to not take up "family" time.

I have been doing some research and joined beginnertriathlete.com as a way to learn. I have just started logging my workout and want to start slowly to work my way-up to the August race without burning-out or likely causing injury.

I am very interested in joining your group, but see that many have already done so. Do you have any room for one more beginner?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Dan

2008-01-13 5:43 PM

Extreme Veteran
Dan,
We will be closing the group pretty soon I think but you are in.

I saw you did a spin class at Lifetime. I am an avid spin class attendee at Lifetime and really enjoy it as well. Great workouts....just monitor your heartrate.

About the weightloss piece, do you use a heartrate monitor. I am really going to encourage it if you do not. I think many of us work out TOO HARD - there I said it. Too hard...wow, I couldn't believe it either but now I am convinced...it is "no pain, all gain". So, at the risk of telling you to spend money, if you haven't gotten one do it now. I have no personal interest in Polar, Suunto or any other HRM manufacturer. I just know if works for me.

Also at Lifetime (assuming you are a member here), they do a test called the MAP test. It is a metabolic assessment of current fitness. I have done it several times and learn more every time. They also give you some cardio heartrate zones as part of the test that comprise 4 workout targets that I use in cycle class, on the treadmill, on the road (bike or run) and even in the pool when I wear my HRM in there. (caveat - don't push the buttons in the water, and don't ask me how I know that just trust me). Those zone workouts keep you in fat burning mode and also allow you to go long. Initially it really doesn't feel like you are working all that hard but trust me, that will change. Depending on your level of fitness the work effort necessary to hit the target zones may be heavy or light.

Additionally, assuming you are a member at LTF - they have an indoor tri series nationally that starts in February. You and your wife should sign up. The tri is 10 minute swim (as far as you can go), 10 minutes to transition (this is one of the few times you can shower during a short tri), you bike for 30 minutes on a spin bike (they calibrate them and fix the tension), 5 minutes transition and then you run 20 minutes.

For the rest of you - assuming you are reading this - and why wouldn't you....
The indoor tri described above is a great brick workout. 1 solid hour of effort. I use the format as a test monthly of my fitness.

Back to Dan - I would also back off the 50s on your swim and do 25s on 20 to 30 seconds of rest at this time. Try to do 10 but don't kill yourself. Then we will go to 50s - you have to coax out your inner fish.

By the way, your wife is welcome to ask any questions she might have as well....in fact - have her sign up too.....welcome to a crazy life full of really cool people.

See you at the finish line,
Bryan
2008-01-14 12:27 PM

User image

Master
Albany, NY
Hi Bryan,

Is there still room for one more?

My first sprint triathlon was in August 2004, 9 months after having my first kid. My friend talked a group of us into it. We all went to college together and for the women, it was our post-pregnancy plan to get back in shape. Well, I survived that race, but not with stellar success. I cheered by husband on the next year being pg again but last August the women did it again (again, to get back in shape post-babies). I lost 25 pounds for that one and beat my goal by 4 minutes. I have kept the weight off but am looking to lose about 5 more. I am currently 130 lbs and 5'2".

Swimming is my background, but am not so great at the biking and running. I have little endurance and no speed. I just barely break a 10 minute mile. I ran a 5k on Thanksgiving but have dropped off alot since then. I have also started going to a spinning class once or twice a week which I love!

I am planning on our traditional sprint race in August (there's no intermediate distance this year) but am toying with the idea of finding another one to do. I just have to find one near me and the timing may be awkward. I'm also looking for another sprint race earlier in the summer.

My two biggest hinderences to training are: 1) Time! With a 1 and 3 year old at home, a full time job and a husband who may be training too (depending on whether surgery cures his plantar faciitis); and 2) I need a structured plan. I'm ok saying I want to bike 2 days a week, run, two days, etc. But I could really use some advice on more detailed workouts. Should I do some sprints? Go for distance? How much distance? Am I crazy for thinking I could ever ffinish a longer race?

Thanks ,
Marianne
2008-01-14 12:28 PM

User image

Master
Albany, NY
Sorry, I signed the wrong name! My name is Rhoda...

I had copied Marianne's post into my reply so I could try not to miss anything important... And I ended up missing my name!
2008-01-14 12:44 PM

Hi Bryan,
My name is Ron and I would like to join your group. I am a 39 y/o from Edmonds, WA. Married with 3 boys and a 4th child on the way. I ran my first 1/2 marathon last July and have not done much training since. I've always had a strong desire to complete a tri, specifically an ironman at some point. I figure that by joining a group there will be more motivation and inspiration to train. I also look forward to the comraderie, if you have room for me. Thanks.
2008-01-14 2:33 PM
in reply to: #1152249

Ok, I did the 5k run this last weeknd. My thoughts going into this run was to do very little walking. After the hour drive to Mt Vernon, Washington. I got there with about 15 minutes to spare. So I am on the start line and all I heard was go! I moved to the right so all of the speeders could pass me and I got into a good jog. The run was on the hard pavement so I just hung in and ran. I got to a turn ( 1mile ) and then it was uphill at that point. My mind just told me to stop and walk....so I did. Top of the hill I started to jog again. After awhile the run turned onto a soft path off of the road. Man that sure felt nice! I finished at 33 minutes. I was not to happy with all of the walking I did. At the gym I was running for a solid 10 minutes on the tread mill and then walking 5. So after the race I am now running 15 minutes and walking 5. I figure this will help, I do this 3 times on the tread mill. Anybody do anything different? This next weekend I have a 16 mike bike race!

There was no drinks along the run, should I have taken something or is the 5k a little to short for this?

2008-01-14 4:43 PM
in reply to: #1153327

User image

Veteran
Bryan,

Great, I would love the support! I have been doing a ton of reading and learing over the last 2 weeks and am sure I will have questions and can use some guidance!

I am a member at lifetime fitness and already use a heart monitor and have had a MAP test in January 2007 (AT is 155). However, since it is a year old, I guess I should have a new one!

My HRM is a Polar and I did not know you could use them in the water! That's great (and I will be sure not to push any buttons while in the water - thanks for the advice).

I will back off the 50's and increase the number of laps as suggested in the water. With that advice here is my routine for now:

Monday - 45 to 60 minutes of "General" Fitness (lifting, squats, lunges, jump rope, etc.)
Tuesday - 2 mile run in about 21 minutes
Wednesday - swim 10 laps of 25 meters (resting btw laps)
Thursday - 2 mile run in about 21 minutes
Friday - swim 10 laps of 25 meters (resting btw laps)
Saturday - 60 spin class (the spin bikes don't have the distance so I am not sure how far I am going)
Sunday - Rest

I was going to use this for the 1st month, then start increasing speed and distance gradually.

Regarding my wife, she is having surgery at the end of the month and won't be able to start her training until April. I will see if she is interested (she is in better "overall" health than I am as she has been working with a trainer for the past 1 1/2 years!).

The LTF that I work out at just announced an April indoor Tri. I have all intentions on getting in on it as long as my swimming is "up to par!" They do not yet know the times or distances, but will have more info soon.

Thanks for your input. I look forward to learning and "picking your brain!"

Dan

2008-01-14 11:19 PM
in reply to: #1155700

Can somebody tell me what the MAP test is. I am a member of 24hr Fitness. I need to check with them to see if they do this kind of testing.

Dan, wow! your schedual. Did you make this up on your own? Are there scheduals that are some place where we can just follow the routine?

My thoughts were to just do my 30 minutes on the stair master and then do my (5K) 3 -15 and 5 minute rest's.... runs on the tread mill to get my breathing back and lose a few pounds fast. I lose about 1000 calories every day. I can feel the change everyday and I look forward to next Friday to see how the wieght loss goes.

Bryan does this sound alright or should I be adding something? or change it all?
2008-01-15 9:21 AM

User image

New user

You guys are Superstars!

I ran my first mile in about 2 decades this morning. It was about 30 degrees so I was bundled up.  Took less than 10 minutes.  My legs were fine...could have done another, but my lungs were about to burst!  I guess that's where the endurance will come in.

Michael

2008-01-15 9:58 AM
in reply to: #1156951

User image

Veteran
Michael,

Wow, running outside in 30 degrees is huge! I have not yet trecked outside for a run. Only do it on the treadmill. I am going to wait till spring before going outside!

Keep up the good work. I am impressed

Dan

ps I am sure your wife was talking about your running performance ... Yeah, that must be it!
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » left.right.repeat group -closed - Full of a bunch of winners...YEAH! Rss Feed  

of 240